Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2-door Sport S (Stock)
Occupation
IT person
Finally installed the back rack, will install the front rack some other time once I purchased their basket rack accessories for the front and Roof top tent and awning on the back roof rack.
The assembly about 40 mins and the install is about 45 mins . It would be less next time

73144381-E5C8-4E5D-8C6E-C379798F6794.jpeg

2032D199-95CC-46EE-ADB1-1C05A3479CCD.jpeg

2E9E2AB8-9495-4B94-9685-CBD7F70EF8DA.jpeg

308E831D-222E-4CC2-9087-5472F01643C8.jpeg

7CD33CD5-B1B3-41A6-A3CC-D26ACBD1A52E.jpeg

8D7F1389-483F-4834-8E20-99C9B7A20BD6.jpeg

B576A35C-4F90-481B-BC6A-8695E179EABA.jpeg
Thank you for the measurements. Looks like 3 1/2" is just right for what I need!
Sponsored

StevePex

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Picking up my new Rubicon (first Jeep and 50th birthday present :) )this Saturday and thinking about getting the Zee Dee rack plus a rooftop tent. Would a rooftop tent that is 12" closed plus this rack be about 15.5-16" total or is there something like a bracket that adds more height? I'm wondering because I have 93" clearance into my garage and I'm calculating about 89-90" total if I'm doing my math right. Thanks!

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude 2.0T
I'm almost sold on the Dee Zee for my various uses including bikes, roof bag, basket, etc... but...

I've been researching long term wear and tear and can't find any info. Any multi-season users seeing wear on the roof top under the support feet? I can cover the rain cutter clamps in rubber and I'm not to worried about that. It is the load bearing feet and the small movement from vibration wearing through the outer coating that has me concerned.

Anyone? Bueller?

VS2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Ferrari 550, Honda S2000, VW GLI
I've had the DeeZee roof rack on my 2020 JLUR for 4 months. I've had enough experience with it now that I feel comfortable posting a brief review.

First thing I will say is that before you assemble this rack, make sure to have blue thread lock around. I used 2 of the 6ml Permatex blue medium strength. Use this thread lock on EVERY bolt! The rack went together fairly quickly and easily. I did make one modification in that I have a body color hardtop. I didn't like the idea of the rain gutter clamps possibly scraping up the paint on the hardtop. So, I used some shoegoo to apply some rubber strips (thin rubber cut from an inner tube) to these clamps.

I've had the rack on my Jeep for 4 months with zero rattles and nothing has come loose on it (it pays off to use the thread lock!). I've driven plenty of highway miles, around the city and rutted gravel roads with no issues. There is minimal wind noise but it's very tolerable with the included air dam.

The main test was a 5 day camping trip. I did this last month where I attached my Free Spirit Recreation (FSR) M60 roof top tent to the rack. This is the largest RTT that FSR used to sell. On this trip, I slept every night in the tent. Also I did a couple medium difficulty rated trails in the mountains of Colorado. These were trails with rough sections and lots of tree cover. The rack with the tent attached was dragged through tree branches and held up perfectly and never loosened (I'm telling you, make sure to put on the thread lock so you have a similar experience!). Overall, I'm very happy with this rack and have no complaints about it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dee Zee rack for Roof Top Tents IMG_7535.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Dee Zee rack for Roof Top Tents IMG_7611.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Dee Zee rack for Roof Top Tents IMG_7547

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I'm almost sold on the Dee Zee for my various uses including bikes, roof bag, basket, etc... but...

I've been researching long term wear and tear and can't find any info. Any multi-season users seeing wear on the roof top under the support feet? I can cover the rain cutter clamps in rubber and I'm not to worried about that. It is the load bearing feet and the small movement from vibration wearing through the outer coating that has me concerned.

Anyone? Bueller?
16,500+ miles here and no issues. Just make sure everything is nice and tight and you’ll keep vibrations to a minimum. The feet have rubber pads also so that will significantly cut down on the wear you’re wanting to avoid.

Sponsored

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude 2.0T
16,500+ miles here and no issues. Just make sure everything is nice and tight and you’ll keep vibrations to a minimum. The feet have rubber pads also so that will significantly cut down on the wear you’re wanting to avoid.
Excellent - fantastic real world reply that builds my confidence. Much appreciated!

KrisEdward

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport S
Thanks to this post, got the DeeZee rack on Amazon. Awesome. Three trips to Big Bear and one to Joshua Tree. About 1k miles with the rack, no issues. Install was a pain, but what install isn't. Feel the weight is evenly distributed and has handled trails well. I've removed the rack twice with the RTT also with no issues. Highly recommend.
Screenshot_20211016-195753_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20211016-195801_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20211016-195830_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20211016-195753_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20211016-195801_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20211016-195830_Photos.jpg

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone setup this rack with Skycamp 2.0 and batwing awning. How much clearance there is on the side to mount an awning after the skycamp 2.0 is installed.

Sponsored

REDCOMETJLUXR

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Xtreme Recon
I feel like I have enough feedback to be persuaded to join you guys and gals in buying this rack, my only concern is the overall flex with the hardtop and a RTT with this rack. I plan on seeing the Rubicon trail this upcoming year and using a RTT, has anyone with this roof rack and a RTT done any "extreme" or "difficult" trails? My other option right now for a "no drill" roof rack is the "Expedition One Full mule rack" but she's around the range of $2k+ .

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
I feel like I have enough feedback to be persuaded to join you guys and gals in buying this rack, my only concern is the overall flex with the hardtop and a RTT with this rack. I plan on seeing the Rubicon trail this upcoming year and using a RTT, has anyone with this roof rack and a RTT done any "extreme" or "difficult" trails? My other option right now for a "no drill" roof rack is the "Expedition One Full mule rack" but she's around the range of $2k+ .
This video shows doing extreme Off road

ironbullfrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Warning:

I bought and installed this rack last week with the intention of running a roof top box. Something that should be mentioned in giant bold letters on marketing pages for this rack: roof boxes don't fit on the cross members! These are 1 3/4" hexagons flat-to-flat, which is over two inches on the diagonal.

Yakima roof boxes *definitely* don't fit, like, no chance whatsoever. Thule boxes might, I didn't mount one up there to check, but the specs on etrailer say:
  • Maximum crossbar dimensions: 3-1/2" wide x 1-11/16" tall

That's 1/16" more than they spec. Given how much carnage could ensue if the box comes off at 70 on the highway, I am not going to risk it. Back to amazon this roof rack goes, this return should be exciting...

I wonder if long bolts on the storage boxes will fix that. Any luck on getting it attached to the DZ rack?
Sponsored