First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Sport Unlimited vs Bronco in the latest issue of Car & Driver.
Sponsored

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Which size Wrangler? Assuming non hybrid as they only come on Sahara and up and should be faster.
2 door bronco 2.7 does it in 5.7 sec. In lower trims.

Sponsored

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
The only 0-60 time I am concerned about is my Wrangler getting me another 60' down the trail . . .and then another 60' . . . and another 60'
No freaking doubt. This wrangler vs bronco and bronco vs wrangler peen measuring contest nonsense is so lame.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
No freaking doubt. This wrangler vs bronco and bronco vs wrangler peen measuring contest nonsense is so lame.
But...you opened the thread anyway. :)

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
But...you opened the thread anyway. :)
I opened it to see what it was about, realized it was a comparison to see which purebred 4x4 is quicker off the line, and gave a big eye roll.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I opened it to see what it was about, realized it was a comparison to see which purebred 4x4 is quicker off the line, and gave a big eye roll.
More owners care about enough power to keep up with traffic than going 60' down a trail. Don't shoot the messenger - just stating the cold, hard truth.

You can eyeroll all you want. It won't change the reality. If Jeep only sold to off-roaders they would be out of business.

I went from a 3.8 to a 3.6 to a 3.0 and I'm happy with the power progression.

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
More owners care about enough power to keep up with traffic than going 60' down a trail. Don't shoot the messenger - just stating the cold, hard truth.

You can eyeroll all you want. It won't change the reality. If Jeep only sold to off-roaders they would be out of business.

I went from a 3.8 to a 3.6 to a 3.0 and I'm happy with the power progression.
being able to accelerate up to traffic speeds at an acceptable clip has nothing to do with which of these heavy duty 4x4 is quicker 0-60 though.

And I agree, Jeep knows they don’t only sell to off-roaders. They know that off-roaders are in the minority among their customers. But they make stuff like Cherokee trackhawk’s for those worries about their 0-60 times.

At the end of the day, I just think it’s a lame metric, and I hope nobody uses 0-60 times to choose Jeep vs Bronco since it’s not a strong suit (not is it intended to be) of either vehicle.

Francis405

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue 2 door Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.6
My friend's 4 door Rubicon is very quick, even with the Mopar lift and 37's. I'm very impressed with the 2.0, does anyone do chips for the 2.0 ? Like they do for the Ford Ecoboost. If not, the Fords will have more power.