Sponsored

I sold my wrangler to Vroom, and here's why...

kingpinJL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 JLUR
We found out that we have a 3rd kiddo inbound. As soon as i found that out and it was confirmed, I had to make the difficult decision to let go of the jeep, because they're just not practical for a family of 5.

When i found out, I put an online request to sell the jeep to vroom. They offered me just a hair under $57,000 for it. I paid $47k and it stickered at $53505. It was a done deal in my mind.

It took them a while to get a carrier over to me to pick it up(about a week and a half). Once they picked it up I had a deposit in my account the next day for the equity.

All in all, it was a slightly stressful experience because they absolutely suck at communicating, but the deal is done.

Not gunna lie, I actually cried a little yesterday about it. I have wanted a jeep for so long, I finally was able to order it and we had a good year of amazing memories in it. I'm sure that I will have even more, better memories going forward.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
We sold our TJ in 2011 when our 2nd kid was on the way. My wife cried for 2 days.

We got into a JL in ‘18 with 3 car seats across the back. Now one of them is out of the car seat. Is it practical? No. But it is way too much fun to ever sell. God willing, we will always have a Wrangler in the family.

You gotta do what you gotta do for your family. No one can fault you for that. And glad you were able to make some money out of it so all of those memories were free 👊

1473138B-1E95-461B-9012-E593321EA429.jpeg

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Recon, 99 Miata, 90 Silverado
We found out that we have a 3rd kiddo inbound. As soon as i found that out and it was confirmed, I had to make the difficult decision to let go of the jeep, because they're just not practical for a family of 5.

When i found out, I put an online request to sell the jeep to vroom. They offered me just a hair under $57,000 for it. I paid $47k and it stickered at $53505. It was a done deal in my mind.

It took them a while to get a carrier over to me to pick it up(about a week and a half). Once they picked it up I had a deposit in my account the next day for the equity.

All in all, it was a slightly stressful experience because they absolutely suck at communicating, but the deal is done.

Not gunna lie, I actually cried a little yesterday about it. I have wanted a jeep for so long, I finally was able to order it and we had a good year of amazing memories in it. I'm sure that I will have even more, better memories going forward.
Family first easy decision. Buy 4x4 Ram crew cab with a bench seat in the front and you’ll be able to do 75% of the Jeep. With A LOT of room for a family of 5 and a dog!

They do grow up. I got my Jeep sheen my modest was driving and my youngest was 13. A great bonding experience.

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I feel ya, man. I cried when I sold my truck to Carvana this summer. He was an '07 GMC Sierra. Pre-dated my wife and both kids. So many great adventures in Old Blue, he was a great truck.

I love my Jeep, and I'm sure we'll have just as many adventures. Just wanted to make sure you didn't feel bad for crying over a vehicle. Nothing wrong with it at all.

OP
OP
kingpinJL

kingpinJL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 JLUR
Family first easy decision. Buy 4x4 Ram crew cab with a bench seat in the front and you’ll be able to do 75% of the Jeep. With A LOT of room for a family of 5 and a dog!

They do grow up. I got my Jeep sheen my modest was driving and my youngest was 13. A great bonding experience.
We have a RAM limited now. it's really, really nice. the plan going forward is:

keep the RAM until my PacHy is delivered. set aside any equity from the RAM and anything we get back from the government with the tax credit on the PacHy.

Next year, i'm intending on ordering a TRX.

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Recon, 99 Miata, 90 Silverado
We have a RAM limited now. it's really, really nice. the plan going forward is:

keep the RAM until my PacHy is delivered. set aside any equity from the RAM and anything we get back from the government with the tax credit on the PacHy.

Next year, i'm intending on ordering a TRX.
Lol! 😂 You’re about to lose all sympathy my friend! Good on ya bud! Haha vroom mudder scratching’ vroom!

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Somewhere around here, I have a picture (not digital...paper) of my TJ with two car seats. It was a total pain. It was worse when I had to explain "tipped over" only counts if you can't drive out of it....and had friends take them out of the boosters minutes later.
Sponsored