OP

wponder

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Rubicon
How much did carvana, carmax, vroom, etc offer you for your trade?
Carmax was at 21900 on the Renegade. Which is up 1900 from this summer. I have not put my Rubicon in front of anyone. It's a 2014, Teraflex Lift, Fox Shocks, garage kept and only 27K miles. This summer I could only find one used Rubicon. similar to it and it had 80K miles and there were only 10 others in the country for sale private party or dealer. I probably am soft at 36K and could get more if I wanted to private party sell it and milk it.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Hello...from Desert Ridge. :)

This is a classic This American Life episode. It's a blow-by-blow, behind the scenes, at a Jeep dealer on the last day of the month. Entertaining...and real.

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/513/129-cars
Thanks for this. I'm about halfway through it.

It's so sad to actually hear all the bullshit games that go on. Makes my Gupton deal just that much sweeter.

OP
OP

wponder

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Rubicon
How fast the fun fades... :). I am almost certain I will order and wait the 6-7 months. Dealer might come $500 off MSRP. They actually were almost dead-on with the trade-in value I figured for the Rubicon. They were low on the Renegade. Carvana was 6k higher on the Renegade and about 2K higher than CarMax. They were about 3k higher on the Rubicon. I can build / order the build I want with better options and get the price down 5-6K, get an order in closer to invoice and be at least 11k better off.

Deleted member 59498

Hopefully it will not be that long! I have an order for Willys 51k then another dealer offered 52k without LEDs only difference, why Jeep has to be greedy with their LEDS. I was like hmmm. Still working with first dealer and was ordered a month ago so not sure what the hell to do.

My biggest thing is I didn't find these forums until after I bought my current JLUR off the lot... I didn't even know the diesel was out at that time. At least you found them before signing, lots of great people and information here.

Sponsored

OP
OP

wponder

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Rubicon
Hopefully it will not be that long! I have an order for Willys 51k then another dealer offered 52k without LEDs only difference, why Jeep has to be greedy with their LEDS. I was like hmmm. Still working with first dealer and was ordered a month ago so not sure what the hell to do.

My biggest thing is I didn't find these forums until after I bought my current JLUR off the lot... I didn't even know the diesel was out at that time. At least you found them before signing, lots of great people and information here.
They have enough Xtreme Rubicon orders is why a Xtreme will take 6-7 months

Deleted member 59498

Ah ok, XR yeah. Weird some get them in 11 to 15 weeks. Roll of the dice.

OP
OP

wponder

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Rubicon
I guess it's possible they are saying they have allocation to get the sale but stalling for a window to actually submit it.
Sponsored