Sponsored

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Thank you. I had a feeling it would be black. However, in the introduction video they showed body colored flares.

Yup I noticed the same thing. My guess is they yanked some Rubicon body colored fenders for a quick mock-up.
Sponsored

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
Yup I noticed the same thing. My guess is they yanked some Rubicon body colored fenders for a quick mock-up.
Now I wonder if the wheels are going to look like above or something else.

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Now I wonder if the wheels are going to look like above or something else.
If you look at the pic I posted it shows the same wheels for the Willys and Rubicon. So whatever the Rubicon gets it should be the same.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
If you look at the pic I posted it shows the same wheels for the Willys and Rubicon. So whatever the Rubicon gets it should be the same.
It’s the same add on package so one would assume it will be the same wheels and tires. So far I haven’t heard anything about lockers but one would assume also that if the use the M210 and M220 axles With 4.56 gears The lockers would Be standard As those housings would be ported for the e locker harnesses.

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon

here's another video where Jeep says price of willys with xtreme recon is just under $40k

Sponsored

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD

here's another video where Jeep says price of willys with xtreme recon is just under $40k
This has been discussed pretty extensively. The only way a $40K XRW is happening is if they bring the package to the Willys Sport with manual transmission.
I personally take that more as a sign of things to come in ‘22 vs things happening at launch.

Also his statement of “this Willys” is 100% wrong. LED tail lights + half doors would put this well over $40 before theXR package is added in. Jeep marketing is really setting people up for disappointment.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This has been discussed pretty extensively. The only way a $40K XRW is happening is if they bring the package to the Willys Sport with manual transmission.
I personally take that more as a sign of things to come in ‘22 vs things happening at launch.

Also his statement of “this Willys” is 100% wrong. LED tail lights + half doors would put this well over $40 before theXR package is added in. Jeep marketing is really setting people up for disappointment.
No more so then Ford with their claimed Cheaper Bronco Sasquatch Base.
But I will say if Jeep offers the Willys with Softtop and 1/2 doors only, it will be cheaper then a hardtop full doors. That 1/2 door option is only more expensive if you also have to pay for full doors.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
No more so then Ford with their claimed Cheaper Bronco Sasquatch Base.
But I will say if Jeep offers the Willys with Softtop and 1/2 doors only, it will be cheaper then a hardtop full doors. That 1/2 door option is only more expensive if you also have to pay for full doors.
I don’t want to even get into Ford’s execution of brining the Bronco to market. That’s a whole different topic that’s already filled a ton of threads.

But on topic here, based on the current order guide the mythical $40K Willys XR doesn’t exist. Because they keep mentioning it, I’d imagine a 6MT Willys Sport XR is on the road map.
Personally I’d love to see a 2dr Willys XR package, but I haven’t seen or read anything that gives that dream a glimmer of hope.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t want to even get into Ford’s execution of brining the Bronco to market. That’s a whole different topic that’s already filled a ton of threads.

But on topic here, based on the current order guide the mythical $40K Willys XR doesn’t exist. Because they keep mentioning it, I’d imagine a 6MT Willys Sport XR is on the road map.
Personally I’d love to see a 2dr Willys XR package, but I haven’t seen or read anything that gives that dream a glimmer of hope.
The Willys XR is not mythical at all. You can go to your dealer and order one. The option is there. Whether or not you get one with the options you want for $40k is totally on you.

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
The Willys XR is not mythical at all. You can go to your dealer and order one. The option is there. Whether or not you get one with the options you want for $40k is totally on you.
He said the "mythical $40K Willys XR doesn’t exist" The key there is $40K.

Can you put one together for $40k?

November 2021 Ordering Guide says the cheapest Willys is $38,099.
Xtreme Recon is $3,995.
Thats a bare bones Willys XR for $42,094.

Sponsored

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport

Xtreme Recon is $3,995.
Yes but you can find a dealer that will still sell that XR Jeep to you for 5-8% below invoice so technically it would still be under 40K
lol

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD

Xtreme Recon is $3,995.
Thank you!
However, the XR also current requires the upgrade to 3.6etorque with auto trans (23W in the order guide). The true lowest MSRP for a Willys XR based on current order guide is $46,525.

Yes but you can find a dealer that will still sell that XR Jeep to you for 5-8% below invoice so technically it would still be under 40K
lol
The marketing event videos are referencing MSRP pricing. Not actual sales price.
And based on the order guide, the wholesale price of the current Willys with XR and no other package is still $44,621. So you'd need to be look at an 11.5% below wholesale to actually get to the $40K mark. In the current market, that's still pretty mythical.

But this is all just semantics. The discussion keeps coming back to Jeep staff in these videos mentioning a $40K Willys XR. In reality, we will only see that on a Willys SPORT with a 6 speed manual transmission... which is not available at this time. My primary point I have been trying to make over my past several posts is that I think this is a good indicator that the XR will be coming to the Willys sport AND be available with the 6MT in the foreseeable future. And if/when that happens, the $40K msrp Willys XR will no longer by a mythical option. But that option is not here yet, which is what's creating confusion.

The fact that the marketing guys are also tossing out $40K next to a Willys XR that is clearly spec'd easily over $50K is also causing some discussion on the forums.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well you can’t build a 2022 on line yet so unless you actually go to the dealer and build a Willy with the salesman it’s just talk I guess. As previously discussed if they simply replace the full doors with half doors only they can likely make the $40k mark work. Again we won’t know until the 2022 order window is fully opened. Currently anything ordered now is merely a 21 with a 22 MY. And yes I did order a 21 XR in October under 21 guidelines and that was moved up to a 2022 build with no option for even the 22 colors.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Well you can’t build a 2022 on line yet so unless you actually go to the dealer and build a Willy with the salesman it’s just talk I guess. As previously discussed if they simply replace the full doors with half doors only they can likely make the $40k mark work. Again we won’t know until the 2022 order window is fully opened. Currently anything ordered now is merely a 21 with a 22 MY. And yes I did order a 21 XR in October under 21 guidelines and that was moved up to a 2022 build with no option for even the 22 colors.
MY22 order guides are up now. I’m not tossing out guess numbers. I was pulling the numbers I referenced directly from the current order guide: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...jlu-4-door-order-guide-updated-monthly.80490/

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual
MY22 order guides are up now. I’m not tossing out guess numbers. I was pulling the numbers I referenced directly from the current order guide: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...jlu-4-door-order-guide-updated-monthly.80490/
I believe the cheapest Willys XR would be around $45,500 at Invoice! , after adding the XR package, the tech group ($900) which I believe is required but may not be and the V6/Auto, and it would have to be White. If you don't want white, cheapest would be ~$45,750 Invoice.
Sponsored