• Total voters

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
This is not a Jeep vs Bronco thread. Not trying to be anyway. It's really more about the packages.

In all honesty what would you really rather have the Xtreme Recon package Willys or the Sasquatch package on non Bad lands models like Base plus Sasquatch or Big Bend plus Sasquatch for example?

Car and driver just did a survey and the Xtreme Recon package is winning. I'm guessing due to the fact that there's more Jeep enthusiasts then Bronco. Putting that asid does the Bronco win because of front and rear Lockers?

What do you guys think? Is the Xtreme Recon on the Willys without Lockers still a more capable off road vehicle then the 2 door Bronco with Sasquatch and Lockers?

Added update. I forgot to add that I'm specifically comparing the 2 door base Bronco with Sasquatch package vs the 4 door Jeep Willys Xtreme Recon. So I went back through and clarified that.

Screenshot_20210925-060337_Samsung Internet.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
If the extreme recon still only comes on 4 doors and the sasquatch can be had on 2 doors, that is no contest for me... I also wonder if 35 inch tires on the Willys front axle is a good idea? Does the Willys get the M210 with the ER pkg? Still doesn't matter for me as the 4 dr is just a no go...

SilverBackJLCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2006 Jeep LJ
What is the ER package on a willys? 35s and high fender flares? seems redundant when compared to the other trims. Still wouldn't buy the Ford though.

Faresalsal

First Name
Fares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL / 2012 Mustang Boss302 / 1998 Cherokee Sport
i'm a ford fan boy.. BUT Ford really screwed up with the Bronco.. all the interior materials look and feel very very cheap... and the hardtop is an eye sore, fit and finish is absolutely horrible compared to the Jeep. Plus it's priced more for less than the jeep.. And it doesn't have rear seat A/C vents?! that's just a dumb move from Ford

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
What are we voting for? Which one is more expensive? Better? Uglier? Worth the money? Available?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The broncos need the lockers to make up for their shortcomings in the articulation department. As a trail increases in difficulty, a Bronco will need its lockers sooner and more frequently than a Jeep with the same tire size and proper clearance for that tire.

A fully loaded 1st edition Wildtrack with sasquatch and Rubicon 4xe. The yellow one reached for those lockers a while ago, and the red one hasn't even thought of the locker button yet.
Jeep Wrangler JL Extreme Recon Willys vs Sasquatch 1627664427523

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
the only issue here is that sasquatch is a Bronco. XR is a Jeep. id take a Jeep any day over a Bronco. i dont care the Bronco has lockers and all that. i wheel my Jeep every single month and Jeeps are beast. the solid front axle and the JL suspension just beats anything else on low speed wheeling. It just does. So I dont really care about the lockers on the Bronco. the size of the jeep, the turning radius, the suspension. jeeps dont truly need lockers, unless youre doing some really gnarly trails. Even then, a good driver in a Jeep could get through without lockers.

today I wheeled with a 4 door JK that has lockers and in all honesty we both had the same issues and I have a rear LSD and thats it. i keep going back and forth getting or not a locker on the front of my Jeep. broncos are too massive as well which makes them terrible for rock crawling or navigating tight terrain. the 4 door jeep had a hard time picking a line, not many choices. imagine the Bronco. there was also a very tight obstacle the Bronco would have gotten body damage for having a wide truck body.

you cant really compare them. i know Ford wants too. but in terms o capabilities a Bronco is more like a 4runner or a taco. that kinda stuff.

IMG_20210926_095449820_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210926_095437024.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
i personally like the Bronco and the sasquatch base is a really good deal in theory. But I dont see it as a Jeep even though Ford wants to copy the Wrangler.

the Bronco has better payload, better storage, better roofrack capacity, and the 2 door has better towing rating than a Jeep. I think a Bronco would be phenomenal for most "overlanders" who want to take their family on adventures. long trips offroad. the jeep needs a lot of work to build for that purpose and has a very low payload capacity. The Bronco is like ready to roll. But the light narrow Jeep will always be more capable on the trail even without the lockers.

See what I enjoy is going somewhere where I can set camp then take my Jeep on fun trails. I am not that into driving for an entire week or longer in the middle of nowhere. Maybe once in a while. The Jeep serves me better.

but some people dont. Some people want to load their truck and drive for days on a dirt road. I think the Bronco is better for that and a great deal in theory. And I say in theory because they cant produce the thing and it is selling at huge markups.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
What is the ER package on a willys? 35s and high fender flares? seems redundant when compared to the other trims. Still wouldn't buy the Ford though.
Apparently the Willys gets the same $4k package. It needs the wider heavier front axle for the 35s and the bigger brakes s well. The Willys my not come with the lockers but I’ll bet they will be compatible with the factory Rubi lockers as it will be the same housing. We’ll have to see when they start showing up on dealer lots.

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
Not a fan of IFS off road, so I will be voting Willys.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
For what its worth I think it is interesting that in every comparison video I've seen it is always a Jeep on 33's against a Bronco on 35s. Seems to me the Bronco is somewhat dependent on the SAS package to be competitive in its market -- probably not but it seems that way. That said, I'd say the SAS is a more 'valuable' upgrade to the Bronco than XR is to a Jeep. Jeep seems quite capable without it.
Sponsored