Aftermarket Rims / Wheels

JLBoy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon unlimited
I'm sold on the look and the functionality of them I think I'm gonna pull the trigger. I'm with you Geronimo I'm still waiting on my truck should be in at the end of May:)
Sponsored

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
I'm sold on the look and the functionality of them I think I'm gonna pull the trigger. I'm with you Geronimo I'm still waiting on my truck should be in at the end of May:)
Yes sir, I believe our vehicle ETAs are pretty much in line. Mid to late May.

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These pics show a 13.50 wide tire on a 8.5" wheel with 4.5" backspacing or -6mm offset. Also this is a Rubicon - the axles are wider than a Sport or Sahara. Sorry, I don't have any front to rear pics available - I hope this helps a little.
Really great looking JLUR you have going on there, and excellent job on wheels and tires!

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Thanks @RC3 - so if I understand this all correctly, my BS is 0.2” further out than your wheel, but my tires are 1.0” narrower on both sides —> 0.5” less on the outside.

So, my numbers compared to the setup you shared would be:
•0.5” more tucked from tire width
•0.2” less tucked from backspacing
•0.3” more tucked overall compared to the photos you shared

Did I do that correctly?

And thanks to you, @Jkohler - this will help me visualize if I can get out to a dealership to measure from stock
Opps - I forgot to account for axle width. According to the post below, there is a 1.5” difference in axle width from Rubi to non Rubi, which means 0.75” difference on each side.

Add that 0.75” into the 0.3” I cane up last time and I should be 1.03” more tucked than you, is that right @RC3?

Any chance you’d be willing to snap more photos for me, from the front and rear and going down the sides?

Post with axle info:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/how-much-wider-are-the-rubicon-axles.2636/#post-39993

RC3

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR 392 - '20 JTR - '21 GCL
Really great looking JLUR you have going on there, and excellent job on wheels and tires!
Thank you! I have always loved the Walkers and now I finally have some.

Opps - I forgot to account for axle width. According to the post below, there is a 1.5” difference in axle width from Rubi to non Rubi, which means 0.75” difference on each side.

Add that 0.75” into the 0.3” I cane up last time and I should be 1.03” more tucked than you, is that right @RC3?

Any chance you’d be willing to snap more photos for me, from the front and rear and going down the sides?

Post with axle info:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/how-much-wider-are-the-rubicon-axles.2636/#post-39993
Those numbers look right - you won't be protruding from the wheel well as much as mine. I would be happy to send more photos, but I can't do it for a few days. My Jeep is at a shop in SoCal and I am in NorCal working. I should have possession of it again this weekend (I hope).

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Thank you! I have always loved the Walkers and now I finally have some.

Those numbers look right - you won't be protruding from the wheel well as much as mine. I would be happy to send more photos, but I can't do it for a few days. My Jeep is at a shop in SoCal and I am in NorCal working. I should have possession of it again this weekend (I hope).
Thank you very much! From what I can see so far, I think I’ll be ok. I’m also hoping to get up to the dealership this weekend to measure out from the stock setup as @Jkohler recommended. Between your photos as a reference point and measuring out, I’m hoping to be able to decide whether to have the wheels mounted with tires or send them back :)

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I thought i finally found the wheel i wanted the XD 128 Machete in the black. But i just saw another photo talking about the bead lock. damn i thought it wasn't a real bead lock but a knock off looking like one. i guess i have to start looking again. as yall know you can spend days trying to find the right wheel. This is a real bead lock right ?

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I thought i finally found the wheel i wanted the XD 128 Machete in the black. But i just saw another photo talking about the bead lock. damn i thought it wasn't a real bead lock but a knock off looking like one. i guess i have to start looking again. as yall know you can spend days trying to find the right wheel. This is a real bead lock right ?
Just off the top of my head, I thought it wasn’t a beadlock.

Jkohler

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl rubicon 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 ram 3500
There are two different models of that wheel. A xd128 and xd229. The 229 is a real beadlock wheel.

JLBoy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon unlimited
Yes sir, I believe our vehicle ETAs are pretty much in line. Mid to late May.
Well Geronimo, Hutchinson Wheels ordered:) ordered a set of Discoverer STT PRO 37x12.5 as well to mount on them. Got a call from my salesman this morning and the new eta for my Jeep is May 6th so hopefully it shows up then.

Sponsored

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well Geronimo, Hutchinson Wheels ordered:) ordered a set of Discoverer STT PRO 37x12.5 as well to mount on them. Got a call from my salesman this morning and the new eta for my Jeep is May 6th so hopefully it shows up then.
That is outstanding there buddy, Our ETA is somewhere between May 7th to May 17th. KZ status.
Strange coincidence Our Hutchinson's should be here in about five days, Already received the interlocks. And about three hours ago ordered 5 Cooper STT Pros in 37 x 13.5 x 17s. I also asked Discount tire if after I assemble the wheels/tires, air them up if they would road force balance them for me. They said "no problem" Happy Happy

20180424_182757.jpg

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well after several hours of searching I found out what the weight of the combined wheel combo would be. A Hutchinson Rock Monster with bead Lock ring assembled weighs in at 44lbs. Cooper Stt Pro in 37 x 12.5 x 17 = 75lbs 37" x 13.5 x 17 = 81lbs.

My wheels and tires mounted will weigh in at 125lbs.

I've watched vids and read reports of the JL handling these heavy weights with great success in MOAB, and other areas. Looking forward to putting them through the paces. I'm thinking 488s in the future but we will have to see. Sure not going to worry about loosing a tire when down to 8 PSI. Or a blowout while in the middle of a rocky hill climb. These wheels won't let go of the tire even when flat.

Now to continue the search for a tire Carrier that will take the weight off the tailgate. Hey Gen Right, EVO, Poison Spyder, you listening?

RC3

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR 392 - '20 JTR - '21 GCL

Post with axle info:
So I got the Jeep back this weekend and took a couple pics that you requested. I also measured the distance from the outside edge of the tire to the outside of the fender - 3.5"

20180429_194522.jpg
20180429_194509.jpg

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got the rings back from powder coating and finally got them mounted up!
17" x 9" Walker Evans 31 Series Beadlocks
38x13.50-17" Milestar Patagonia M/T tires.
38s A.jpg
Those look killer. By any chance do you know the total weight of one of your wheel/tire combinations?

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
So I got the Jeep back this weekend and took a couple pics that you requested. I also measured the distance from the outside edge of the tire to the outside of the fender - 3.5"

20180429_194522.jpg
20180429_194509.jpg
Thank you so much! This is very helpful.
Sponsored

Reactions: RC3