Sponsored

Dealers % Below Invoice on 2022 Wranglers

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I just asked Jeremy to place our order. He did tell me no deposit is required for Forum Members. He also confirmed they will price protect up to $200 if prices increase after placing the order.

You will get a VON and VIN. Your Wrangler window sticker will have your name on the window sticker.
My JLU stripper went up $750ish in the 15 WEEKS i waited for it. Gupton charged what he initally quoted me.

I have to believe the dealer pays whatever the price was at order.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Currently we have a 2015 Wrangler Sport in Firecracker Red (will keep forever bc we got the Lifetime Warranty)
I am ordering a Sahara Altitude in white. Ppl think white is boring but I like the way the gloss black accents contrast with the white. I am adding:
-cold weather group
-3.6 eTorque with 8 speed automatic
-safety group
-selec-trac Full time 4wd
-LED Lighting group (why isn’t this standard already?)

Good Luck with your order! What was your final build?
My last '19 Rubicon 2.0T eTorque was Granite with painted fenders and Black Hard Top. I loved Granite. Only issue with dark colors is it shows waves in the doors more. ALL JL Wrangers have wavy door panels. This time around I was going back and forth between Sting Gray and White. I ended up going with White this time. White hides the door waves. Only possible issue with White is there have been reports of painted plastic parts turning yellow over time. That means the grill and painted fenders. The fenders will not be an issue for me because I ordered the regular black fenders for the contrast. More than likely I will be swapping out the stock White grill with a Mopar Matte Black grill for more contrast.

Ordered a White 2-door Rubicon with Black Hard Top and black fenders. I am going to tint the front windows so there will be more contrast. I will probably add a matte Black grill later on if I want more contrast.

I also added:
3.6 eTorque (I LOVED the 2.0 but dislike the ESS w/12V AUX battery)
8-speed automatic
Rock-Trac full time 4WD
LED Lighting Group
Cold Weather Group
Gorilla Glass

Last edited:

Strange Mel

First Name
Melanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler Sport S/2022 Sahara Altitude
My last '19 Rubicon 2.0T eTorque was Granite with painted fenders and Black Hard Top. I loved Granite. Only issue with dark colors is it shows waves in the doors more. ALL JL Wrangers have wavy door panels. This time around I was going back and forth between Sting Gray and White. I ended up going with White this time. White hides the door waves. Only possible issue with White is there have been reports of painted plastic parts turning yellow over time. That means the grill and painted fenders. The fenders will not be an issue for me because I ordered the regular black fenders for the contrast. More than likely I will be swapping out the stock White grill with a Mopar Matte Black grill for more contrast.

Ordered a White 2-door Rubicon with Black Hard Top and black fenders. I am going to tint the front windows so there will be more contrast. I will probably add a matte Black grill later on if I want more contrast.

I also added:
3.6 eTorque (I liked the 2.0 but it comes with ESS. I don't like ESS)
8-speed automatic
Rock-Trac full time 4WD
LED Lighting Group
Cold Weather Group
Gorilla Glass
Sounds great! This past summer, I almost ordered Granite.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My JLU stripper went up $750ish in the 15 WEEKS i waited for it. Gupton charged what he initally quoted me.

I have to believe the dealer pays whatever the price was at order.
It's up to each dealer. FCA has a Price Disclaimer at the bottom of every Configuration Preview. Gupton, Granger price protect. Ed Martin's sales manager has been doing this for 20 years and he said price increases are rare betwen the time of order and delivery. Usually it is $50-$100 if here are any. They will price protect for the first $200 if there are increases. I feel the risk is worth it with Ed Martin when I take into consideration the closer distance and travel time and expenses.

Ed Martin, Gupton, Granger, Jim Butler were on my short list. I don't think anyone can go wrong with any of them. I would not hesitate buying from any of them. Pricing wise all of them were just about the same if I take the different DOC fees and travel expenses into consideration. Martin, Granger, Butler have very low doc fees of $200 or less. Where as Gupton offers 1% more off but it is almost a wash when you take into consideration the $500 doc fee they have. It probably is still a 1/2% advantage.

Personally I decided on Ed Martin for a couple of reasons. They were 1.5 hours closer. That is important because I will most likely be driving back in the dead of winter. Ed Martin is also in Zone 42-Detroit region. A lot of the delays after Wranglers are built is due to logistics. Closer dealers get Wranglers delivered via truck. Farther dealers by truck and rail. Every truck and rail car has to be filled before they start transport. A single empty space on a rail car can hold up the entire train load of Wranglers to any specific region. I feel my chances for a earlier delivery might be better. My rational is the Indy area is close to Toledo and gets a lot of Wranglers so trucks will fill faster. Fingers crossed anyway!

Last edited:

Klong

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Charger r/t, 2022 Wrangler Rubicon,
It's up to each dealer. FCA has a Price Disclaimer at the bottom of every Configuration Preview. Gupton, Granger price protect. Ed Martin's sales manager has been doing this for 20 years and he said price increases are rare betwen the time of order and delivery. Usually it is $50-$100 if here are any. They will price protect for the first $200 if there are increases. I feel the risk is worth it with Ed Martin when I take into consideration the closer distance and travel time and expenses.

Ed Martin, Gupton, Granger, Jim Butler were on my short list. I don't think anyone can go wrong with any of them. I would not hesitate buying from any of them. Pricing wise all of them were just about the same if I take the different DOC fees and travel expenses into consideration. Martin, Granger, Butler have very low doc fees of $200 or less. Where as Gupton offers 1% more off but it is almost a wash when you take into consideration the $500 doc fee they have. It probably is still a 1/2% advantage.

Personally I decided on Ed Martin for a couple of reasons. They were 1.5 hours closer. That is important because I will most likely be driving back in the dead of winter. Ed Martin is also in Zone 42-Detroit region. A lot of the delays after Wranglers are built is due to logistics. Closer dealers get Wranglers delivered via truck. Farther dealers by truck and rail. Every truck and rail car has to be filled before they start transport. A single empty space on a rail car can hold up the entire train load of Wranglers to any specific region. I feel my chances for a earlier delivery might be better. My rational is the Indy area is close to Toledo and gets a lot of Wranglers so trucks will fill faster. Fingers crossed anyway!
Just got my order placed with Jeremy as well. Little more $ than a few but a lot less than most and a whole lot closer to me. Seemed like a good guy to deal with. No money down haven’t signed anything. We will see now and just wait. Thanks to you all for your posts. Substantial savings over regular dealers msrp

Sponsored

JPJr70

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys 2dr
Nope - Live on the Seacoast NH here and a few of us have purchased from Chapman in PA - they are like a few miles from Philly airport - it's worth spend a few hundred $ one way ticket to Philly and drive the unit home.
Did that exact thing last week! ;)

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now

I also added:
3.6 eTorque (I liked the 2.0 but it comes with ESS. I don't like ESS)
8-speed automatic
Rock-Trac full time 4WD
LED Lighting Group
Cold Weather Group
Gorilla Glass
White hides the waves around the hood rests as well, much better than my hydro blue. Like the door hinge waviness, it’s just what happens to aluminum sheet metal when they attach hinges and other parts - it crimps.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White hides the waves around the hood rests as well, much better than my hydro blue. Like the door hinge waviness, it’s just what happens to aluminum sheet metal when they attach hinges and other parts - it crimps.
The door waves are caused by the sound insulating-dampening sheets they glue to the inside door panels. The doors are baked in a oven to cure the paint and the sound dampening sheets expand or contract and warp the door skins. They changed something in 2020. They tried slotting the sound dampening sheets so there is more room for expansion or contracting but it still seems to be a problem.

My Black JK door panels were flat and smooth. Probably because the door skins were insulated differenly and a different metal?

Last edited:

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The door waves are caused by the sound insulating-dampening sheets they glue to the inside door panels. The doors are baked in a oven to cure the paint and the sound dampening sheets expand or contract and warp the door skins. They changed someting in 2020. They tried slotting the sound dampening sheets so there is more room for expansion or contracting but it seems to be still a problem.

My Black JK door panels were flat and smooth. Probably because the door skins were a different metal?
Is it from the factory or appear later?
I don't notice any waves in mine.

Sponsored

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
The door waves are caused by the sound insulating-dampening sheets they glue to the inside door panels. The doors are baked in a oven to cure the paint and the sound dampening sheets expand or contract and warp the door skins. They changed someting in 2020. They tried slotting the sound dampening sheets so there is more room for expansion or contracting but it seems to be still a problem.

My Black JK door panels were flat and smooth. Probably because the door skins were insulated differenly and a different metal?
I believe the JK doors skins were made of steel.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Look around the door hinges,, especially the lower ones.
Mine are all flat as flat.

I did however, find a clearcoat drip on one hinge a hadn't saw before and noticed rock chips on all 4 rear hinges, after 3000 miles.

Thanks for that. ;)

trippnk

First Name
Kendal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Gray JLUR 2.0L
So you are saying there is a 1K *factory* incentive on a brand new 2022 Wrangler? This is exciting as I was under the impression there were NEVER factory cash incentives on Wranglers, ever, except for FR and MS.

Does it dove tail with the 0% for 36 currently offered on 2021s?
Below is a screenshot of part of my sales agreement

Jeep Wrangler JL Dealers % Below Invoice on 2022 Wranglers 1637293250683