Sponsored

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I like those wheels, I can not lie. They look way better than the silver ones on my 2020 Sport S. But, If I'm gonna change, I'm gonna go with something wider, and probably either the a Method Titanium finish or these Mopar ones, which I still can't let go of in my head. :facepalm:
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
There seems to be a new wheel option.
I have only found it on 2 door Sport S. Its not searchable on the inventory search nor can you pick it as an option on the build web site.
Its called out as 17" x 7.5" Machined / Painted Black Wheels

Not a bad looking wheel to me and seems to also come with the AT tires.
I would have paid the $295 for it over the stock ones w/minivan tires in a heart beat.

4.jpg

10.jpg

7.jpg
A total steal if that is a $295 option. That is a MUCH better looking wheel than the regular silver wheel.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like those wheels, I can not lie. They look way better than the silver ones on my 2020 Sport S. But, If I'm gonna change, I'm gonna go with something wider, and probably either the a Method Titanium finish or these Mopar ones, which I still can't let go of in my head. :facepalm:
The Mopar wheel your link leads to is nice. Real nice.
Jeep Wrangler JL New Wheel Option on Jeep Wrangler Sport S — 17″ x 7.5″ Machined / Painted Black Wheels Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 8.39.07 AM

Last edited:

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
It’s much better looking than the stock Wrangler Rubicon wheel IMO.
Personally think the current stock Rubicon wheel is the best looking wheel they've had so far, though the older machined/pocketed Sahara wheel (~18?) was a close second. Not really a fan of the non-symmetrical interior shape of these new ones (the way the black part flares out), but they still look a million times better than all the wheel options offered on the other trims.

The gunmetal Mopar ones that @Wolfy posted look pretty sharp too!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Personally think the current stock Rubicon wheel is the best looking wheel they've had so far, though the older machined/pocketed Sahara wheel (~18?) was a close second. Not really a fan of the non-symmetrical interior shape of these new ones (the way the black part flares out), but they still look a million times better than all the wheel options offered on the other trims.

The gunmetal Mopar ones that @Wolfy posted look pretty sharp too!
Every time I see a Rubicon wheel I see a frozen flower...! 😫
Jeep Wrangler JL New Wheel Option on Jeep Wrangler Sport S — 17″ x 7.5″ Machined / Painted Black Wheels 1637045020900

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't know this was news. My 4-door Sport S came with these when I bought it last summer.

There's a set of 5 currently sitting in my side yard if anyone's dying to get them :CWL:

Jeep Wrangler JL New Wheel Option on Jeep Wrangler Sport S — 17″ x 7.5″ Machined / Painted Black Wheels 1637045020900
if you are wanting to sell those wheels, what do you want for them? I like those better than my factory rubicon set. I am swapping to XR beadlocks for my main wheel, but could use a set if the price is right to make a set of Highway tires for long trips where I wont go offroad.

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
Thank You! That's the complaint I have with wheels these days... so many look like either flowers or flying saucers. It's been a long time since I've seen a wheel that looked like, you know... a wheel.

I have these on my Sport S:

Jeep Wrangler JL New Wheel Option on Jeep Wrangler Sport S — 17″ x 7.5″ Machined / Painted Black Wheels mammoth8

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Lol, I don't see the flower, but I do get a slight geometric/crystaline vibe from them. They do look kinda weird by themselves, but look fitting (imo) on the Wrangler. Almost all factory wheels are too overstyled for my taste, but I don't mind the flowers too much since they're mostly symmetrical and don't look 'cheap' like the rest of factory options (again, just imo). Basic even bar spokes and simple hole patterns look best to my eyes, but most modern curved, flared/tapered and swoopy or jagged designs just don't have a tasteful/clean appearance. I don't 100% love the flowers, but compared to everything else these days, I certainly don't hate 'em..

Jeep Wrangler JL New Wheel Option on Jeep Wrangler Sport S — 17″ x 7.5″ Machined / Painted Black Wheels iris

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Love those Mopar ones. I have thought about going with them previously.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol, I don't see the flower, but I do get a slight geometric/crystaline vibe from them. They do look kinda weird by themselves, but look fitting (imo) on the Wrangler. Almost all factory wheels are too overstyled for my taste, but I don't mind the flowers too much since they're mostly symmetrical and don't look 'cheap' like the rest of factory options (again, just imo). Basic even bar spokes and simple hole patterns look best to my eyes, but most modern curved, flared/tapered and swoopy or jagged designs just don't have a tasteful/clean appearance. I don't 100% love the flowers, but compared to everything else these days, I certainly don't hate 'em..

Jeep Wrangler JL New Wheel Option on Jeep Wrangler Sport S — 17″ x 7.5″ Machined / Painted Black Wheels iris
I like these Rubicon wheels also. Had them on my '19. I just wished they would freshen up the wheels more often so there is a little difference between model years. That's probably asking a lot under the current shortages for everything.

Reactions: AFD

Rugradu8

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler TJ
I don't like the Moab wheels on the Willy's. Between the wheels and the tires, there's too much black for me. The first thing I did was bought a set of these off Ebay. I like it better. The stripe around the wheels breaks up some of the blacknesss...

IMG_20211114_120033702.jpg

IMG_20211114_120052673.jpg

wcjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ with stuff. JL 2dr Sport
Bought a JL 2Dr Sport S today. It came with these wheels as a factory option with Bridgestone AT M& S tires.
Sponsored