Sponsored

Muches

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Just got done talking with Michael from Jeep chat. They are still making 2021 model Jeep and 2022 will not start till Mid/Late December. So it seems The Jeep chat is all over the place with date and speculations as well.
Randy from Jeep chat also said late December when I checked in 5 min ago.

tstevens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 4XE Rubicon, 2023 JLU 392 XR
We ordered on 11/8, VIN ends in 15060.

cigsace

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler Sahara JLU | 22 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
I ordered 10/9/21 and vin ends in 100964.

Sponsored

Lusimo

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x3, Honda civic si
Occupation
Electrician
My order date was 11/2 per my POC. I contacted Jeep chat, and still no VIN # for me :(

This was their response:
Thank you so much for holding, I appreciate your patience. I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. The 2022 Jeep Production will start very soon. A VIN has not been assigned quite yet, we can suggest checking back in a week for an update. Congratulations again on the purchase! We appreciate having you in the Jeep family!

They also could not confirm when "very soon" for production would be.
Where is this jeep chat? I When I go to jeep website jeep chat is with the dealerships where do find it?

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, 392XR, 981S, F430
Anyone else curious why they need a change over time between model years. As far as I know nothing has changed between 21 and 22. The recon pack was in production for the end of the 21 range so that can’t be it.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Anyone else curious why they need a change over time between model years. As far as I know nothing has changed between 21 and 22. The recon pack was in production for the end of the 21 range so that can’t be it.
Quite often it's used for maintenance and/or process improvements that can't be done while the line is running.

Sponsored

vasdimpop

First Name
Vasil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 JLUR (being built)
There are also sometimes tweaks in overall design that happen during this time, that won't necessarily be announced.

For example; I remember reading a post where a member stated that there was a rain channel added to MY19 or MY20 that wasn't evident on a MY18, and probably other similar little tweaks that happen year to year, so though major changes may not be there, minor ones are happening.

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2022 JLU EcoDiesel
Well small update on my order.
Per chat with Sarah from Jeep Chat

"Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build."

I am hoping this is a good sign and things begin to move quickly.

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
Well small update on my order.
Per chat with Sarah from Jeep Chat

"Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build."

I am hoping this is a good sign and things begin to move quickly.
That's just a generic response, I received the same response last week.
They also didn't have a VIN number for my Nov 02 order when others who ordered after me already have their vin, strange. :(

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
That's just a generic response, I received the same response last week.
They also didn't have a VIN number for my Nov 02 order when others who ordered after me already have their vin, strange. :(
Call your dealer to confirm.
Sponsored

Last edited: