Sponsored

How important are heated seats to you?

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Just saw where most GM trucks and SUVs are losing heated seats and steering wheels all the way through 2022. šŸ‘€

If you got yourJL with heated seats (I did) would losing them have affected your purchase decision? For me, it might have. I love them that much. My sore back loves them that much.

Canā€™t believe how bad/weird this chip shortage has gotten.
Starting the week of November 15, most GM SUVs and pickups will lose their heated and ventilated seats. This includes the Chevrolet Silverado (pictured), Traverse (except the High Country model), Blazer, and Equinox, and the GMC Sierra, Acadia (except the Denali), Canyon, and Terrain. Automotive Newsreported, relying on a GM letter to dealers, that this change is going to last throughout the 2022 model year. Heated steering wheels are on their way out, too, starting later in November, the paper reported. Customers will get a credit of $150 to $500 to help make up for the loss.
Sponsored

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Love heated seats . I had to add them because my CPO Rubi was specā€™s without. So ,yes , I would not be happy. This is madness whatā€™s going on. If I was in the market for something new, and not is a rush, I would wait a year or whatever until all this was over.

Sponsored

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

Heated seats and steering wheels! You never knew you needed it, until you have them (at least in cold weather states). I am all about stripped down Jeeps and less tech, but I love being able to put the seats on when the top is off on very cool fall and spring nights.

BethP

First Name
Beth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU XR / 1972 Buick GS
I would not buy a vehicle that doesn't have heated seats.

Sponsored

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Cold weather package was the only must-have for my wife on our ā€˜18. I thought it was wasteful as we live in Georgia with fairly mild winters. Now that we have them I love it. If there was ever a vehicle that could benefit from heated seats/steering wheel, itā€™s a Wrangler. They are so nice when the top and doors are off and the temperature drops on you. Much more comfortable than getting surprised by a cold snap in my old TJ.

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
I went many years without. My first vehicle with them was my 2019 Grand Cherokee. Now I couldn't live without them. Don't have to have the heater blasting all the time. Great with the top off and the temps dip a little lower than you expected. And nice after a long work day.

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JLU Sport S, ā€˜16 Silverado
Love them and will not have another without them; the Jeep is my first heated steering wheel and that has quickly become the next must-have item. After having vehicles with aftermarket seat heaters, itā€™s gotta be factory for me. Iā€™ve bought the cheap and more expensive aftermarket heaters, neither matched a good OEM setup.
Sponsored