Sponsored

Quick release bolts for hard top?

Albany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Willy's Sport 2 door manual
Anyone using aftermarket bolt to hold on their hard top? Looking for a recommendation. Would like something that fits the thread of the JL holes. As in I don't want to worry about replacing the nut underneath. (JL is on order so I'm assuming it's same set up as jk)

I plan on using the top lift pro to take the hard top on and off a lot so looking for a simpler solution.

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Albany

Long ago I had some bolts with a T handle, that supposedly allowed for quick removal but they were more of a pain then anything.... slower to remove then me removing the stock bolts with a battery powered removal tool..

I use a battery powered tool now... use the stock bolts and D rings... With the battery powered tool the bolts with D rings come off fast fast...

Also, I wanted the much wanted D rings so I could use them with a net in the back.. or use the D rings to secure items..

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-take-your-jeep-hard-top-off.3706/post-236224

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076SCRTTJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ou-do-to-your-jeep-jl-today.3033/post-1623266

andrew4fins

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I’ve got the GPCA ones off Amazon. Work great. Have a toplift pro so makes taking on n off real easy. Just spin em on by hand. Easy button.

00533CBC-F860-4A37-A54A-00C9850E83A3.jpeg

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
I have the Rugged Ridge ones. Just got them a couple of months ago, but they seem well made.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Anyone using aftermarket bolt to hold on their hard top? Looking for a recommendation. Would like something that fits the thread of the JL holes. As in I don't want to worry about replacing the nut underneath. (JL is on order so I'm assuming it's same set up as jk)

I plan on using the top lift pro to take the hard top on and off a lot so looking for a simpler solution.

Thanks for any help.
@Albany

Forgot to mention.... Along with the thread size you need to be concerned with the length of the bolt on those T bolt offerings..

With some of the T bolt offerings the thread size is aok but the length of the bolt is to short...

If you go with one of the T bolt offerings be sure you go with an offering that is known to work with a JL.... Like the one's for the JL that were previously mentioned in this thread..

Sponsored

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
I use GPCA. I only remove hard top once a year when switching to the soft top so removal speed is not a concern of mine.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I got the GPCA specifically for the strapping loops. Works great, however I never remove my hard top.

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
Anyone know what grade of bolt the factory used? Clearly, I’m too lazy to look. Just make sure you replace the bolts with the same grade. I overkill everything with grade 8 or 12.9. Cheap hardware really annoys me.

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
ROFL! I know.
But if you rode where I ride, that's what you'd think about not having a hard top.
Picture winters with an average of 550" of snow and summers in a hot AF, dry AF, dusty AF desert.
I'll take sturdy, sealed, filtered, heated/cooled, solar reflecting White body painted hard top FTW!

Even in the cocoon of a white hard top, the dust is still brutal. Accumulates in piles. Go topless and that would be you and your entire interior.
Jeep Wrangler JL Quick release bolts for hard top? 20210718_093502

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
ROFL! I know.
But if you rode where I ride, that's what you'd think about not having a hard top.
Picture winters with an average of 550" of snow and summers in a hot AF, dry AF, dusty AF desert.
I'll take sturdy, sealed, filtered, heated/cooled, solar reflecting White body painted hard top FTW!

Even in the cocoon of a white hard top, the dust is still brutal. Accumulates in piles. Go topless and that would be you and your entire interior.
Jeep Wrangler JL Quick release bolts for hard top? 20210718_093502
Geez......

Jeep Wrangler JL Quick release bolts for hard top? sc_om

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The wiring harness to the rear lights runs along the upper rail , tucked under, so make sure your replacement bolts aren't too long !