First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2019
Occupation
Engineer
I have a basic 2019 Rubicon. Back up cam, custom mats, central console display, 8 gears, SiriusXM, all cool, and of course, the hydraulic suspension lowrider hopping kit (just kidding)
Sponsored

Trav73

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
manual transmission

1634660350416.png

and options like heated steering/seats, aux switches/tow etc that would be impossible or extremely difficult to retrofit to OEM standards afterwards.
I love my MT "option" as well, hard to find because I didn't order. But is that an option? or lack there of?... like that you say it's an option

ShawnaTally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR Tuscadero, '21 JLR Hydro Blue
Soooo I'll be honest. If they didn't come out with the Tuscadero color, I might have been satisfied with my husband's jl. But it's a manual and Ive never really gotten used to driving it. They released tuscadero just after I started a new job so I had too many dollars and too little sense, and ordered it (don't tell the hubby😂) . I'm still months from getting it though!

Sponsored

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
If we are talking OEM stuff, then the rubicon package. Aftermarket, I think I'd go with the bed tread. I just cleaned dog puke from the back of the jeep in about 5 minutes with some simple green and a paper towel. I can also just sweep out the dog hair. With the carpet, that would be a major undertaking.

Last edited:

Grooster

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Latitude
Occupation
IT Director
Cold weather package and the towing package give you the best bang for the buck with all the great stuff that comes with them. Remote start, HD brakes, LSD, HD suspension, aux switches, factory hitch and trailer wiring, and all the heated woo hoos, too. Included in those packages!

I would have loved having the BSM and adaptive cruise but I'm a tall guy and without that option I can see over the rearview mirror which increases my visibility. Pretty darn handy actually, especially when my wife has her visor down. But I don't miss those options as the rest of the Jeep is just pure fun every day. Well, maybe a soft top would have been cool but sheesh - where the heck would I store that?!? It can still happen...

OP
OP
Irish Creig

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Unlimited
I don't think I can pick one best option, perhaps the best thing was the opportunity to order exactly* what I wanted.
  • Cold weather package
  • Limited slip rear diff
  • 6spd manual
  • Hard top
  • Tow package w/aux switches
  • Hydro blue
  • LED headlights

*Unfortunately Selec-Trac is not available w/the manual transmission, and I prioritized the manual over Selec-Trac.
Same here! I wanted a manual more than anything else.

Sponsored

J McK

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Yes, this is my reasoning. The $2000 has much better uses.
I also disagree. The blindspot monitors and adaptive cruise control are a lifesaver when driving longer distance - and you DO have to drive if you want to experience trails in other states. ;)

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I also disagree. The blindspot monitors and adaptive cruise control are a lifesaver when driving longer distance - and you DO have to drive if you want to experience trails in other states. ;)
ACC is a pleasant convenience, as I first discovered in 2019 when my wife purchased her new Honda that included that particular option.

Having a decade or three of experience driving interstate-length distances, though, with nary an electronic driver aid to be found, means I'll only ever view baubles like ACC as just conveniences with an Off switch.

One may fairly ask how CDL drivers got by for all those years, too. ;)

BernMason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting-gray w/ Turbocharged 2.0 L DOHC I4
Occupation
PM
Vehicle Showcase
The best thing I've done is removing my carpet and Line-X-ing the entire interior.
I am avid outdoorsperson, backpacking, hiking, fly fishing, etc. and have a black lab.
Of the years owning the Jeep, I have had the back seats up hardly at all. Coupled with the MOPAR rear mats, it is an absolute dream to clean. I have no fear on tossing gear in back, be it snow covered, wet, muddy, etc.. Wet dog? No problem.
As strange as it sounds, I feel like I save time at trailheads or parks without the tedious pre-cleaning of gear/dog/etc.. I am not saying I wallow in mud and get in, but it is definitely nice not having to clean carpet every weekend.

11/10 times I will Line-X interior of every Jeep that comes into my life.

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
The best thing I've done is removing my carpet and Line-X-ing the entire interior.
I am avid outdoorsperson, backpacking, hiking, fly fishing, etc. and have a black lab.
Of the years owning the Jeep, I have had the back seats up hardly at all. Coupled with the MOPAR rear mats, it is an absolute dream to clean. I have no fear on tossing gear in back, be it snow covered, wet, muddy, etc.. Wet dog? No problem.
As strange as it sounds, I feel like I save time at trailheads or parks without the tedious pre-cleaning of gear/dog/etc.. I am not saying I wallow in mud and get in, but it is definitely nice not having to clean carpet every weekend.

11/10 times I will Line-X interior of every Jeep that comes into my life.
Line-X'd my 04 TJ and loved it. It completely opened up the realms of freedom. Not worrying about rain with the top down - sure! Dust/mud during the summer...no problem! Hose it out - yup! Not worrying about rotting out the floorboards during the salt season (winter) - you betcha!

BUT...with this JL, I'm more worried about all the electronics in the dash, etc than applying line-x and not worrying about the rain. It just seems too nice.
Sponsored