Sponsored

Black Rhino Wheels with -18 offset, do you think I'll have any fitment issues?

phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Powerwagon, 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon

Hey,

I’m looking to purchase 35s (35x12.5x17 or 18) tires with black rhino arsenal wheels. According to their fitment guide, will have a -18 offset (17 x 9.5).

I may go with a 2” lift. Do you think I’ll have any rubbing issues? Will it stick out a lot relative to the fender? Does anyone know the offset of the stock rubicon wheels (I can't seem to find this)?

I've seen a few post on here regarding black rhino wheels but nothing conclusive.

Sponsored

EROCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
You shouldn't rub anything suspension or body related. You may rub the outer part of the fenders when tire is stuffed with articulation. They are going to stick out......a lot.

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey,

I’m looking to purchase 35s (35x12.5x17 or 18) tires with black rhino arsenal wheels. According to their fitment guide, will have a -18 offset (17 x 9.5).

I may go with a 2” lift. Do you think I’ll have any rubbing issues? Will it stick out a lot relative to the fender? Does anyone know the offset of the stock rubicon wheels (I can't seem to find this)?

I've seen a few post on here regarding black rhino wheels but nothing conclusive.
That offset shouldn't be an issue at all and it won't look bow legged. Go scroll through customwheeloffset.com website and look at similar wheels with similar stats. https://www.customwheeloffset.com/w...heel_offset_from=-24&wheel_offset_to=0&page=1

Skippy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco 351W, 2021 Rubicon 4xe

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
That works out to right about 4.55" back spacing. That is what I'm going with on my JLUR with 37s. It'll look great and you should not have any rubbing related to normal driving.

Here is something to remember when you're looking at a site like Custom Offsets. Make sure you're looking at the wheels on the Rubicon and make sure that the width of the wheel matches what you're trying to see.

Offset and back spacing are the same thing, just different names for it. If you only have offset you can figure out the back spacing by using this formula.

Width + 1 / 2 = X - Offset

So for yours...

9.5 + 1 = 10.5 / 2 = 5.25 - .70 inches (18mm = .70in) = 4.55

The mounting surface of your wheel is 4.55" from the back lip of the wheel and the mounting surface is offset from dead center by -18mm/-.70in which means in toward the back of the wheel, pushing the majority of the wheel away from the axle.

Probably way too much information, but thought it might help.... LOL

Marcus

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yes they are going to stick out pretty far but should be OK overall esp. with a lift.

The Pooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hey,

I'm not overly knowledgeable on the offset, but a lot of us are running 35s without a lift and there's plenty of room. (if you have Rubicon which it appears you do) I went with a -12 offset and seems other went with the same. (believe thats the OEM wheel as well)

I posted in thread in regards, https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jlu-rubicon-on-35s-no-lift.7290/

EROCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S