Sponsored

Will Rubicon wheels with tires fit inside the back? (4xe)

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
  • Banned
If I get my wheels and tires changed, will the stock Rubicon wheels fit in the back of the vehicle (4xe) with hardtop on for the drive home from the installer? Thanks, I hope not too dumb a question.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jvasquez8

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535
If I get my wheels and tires changed, will the stock Rubicon wheels fit in the back of the vehicle with hardtop on for the drive home from the installer? Thanks, I hope not too dumb a question.
Yes. Just did this with 5 stock Rubi wheels. You'll need to put the rear seats down.

jvasquez8

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535
Thanks. I updated my question to be specific to 4xe. The seat doesn't fold down all the way. :(
Oh! I wish I could help. I don't know. Good luck!

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I’m pretty sure they will. I sold my takeoffs to another guy with a 4xe, we put four inside and one on the carrier, but there was probably room for the fifth on the flat back seat.

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
If you want to be absolutely sure, leave your spare at home. 4 tires will easily fit w/ one on the tailgate.

OP
OP
FloridaLarry

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
  • Banned
If you want to be absolutely sure, leave your spare at home. 4 tires will easily fit w/ one on the tailgate.
Well... I plan to drive somewhere, have them mount the 5 new wheels/tires, then I want to drive home with both sets.

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I fit 5 315s in the back of my 4xe. They didn’t have wheels on though and it took some maneuvering. Two tires stacked sideways in backseat, one standing wedged in backseat, and two standing in the cargo area.

OP
OP
FloridaLarry

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
  • Banned
I fit 5 315s in the back of my 4xe. They didn’t have wheels on though and it took some maneuvering. Two tires stacked sideways in backseat, one standing wedged in backseat, and two standing in the cargo area.
Thanks!

JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! Where there is a will...

Sponsored

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Well... I plan to drive somewhere, have them mount the 5 new wheels/tires, then I want to drive home with both sets.
If you're getting 5 new wheels and tires, then you don't need your current spare on, right? This is what I did when I went to get my 392 take offs. Four of the takeoffs fit in the back of my 4xe with the rear seats folded down just fine. There MAY have been room to Tetris a fifth into the back, but I didn't need to try because I put the last one on the (empty) spare tire carrier.

OP
OP
FloridaLarry

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
If you're getting 5 new wheels and tires, then you don't need your current spare on, right? This is what I did when I went to get my 392 take offs. Four of the takeoffs fit in the back of my 4xe with the rear seats folded down just fine. There MAY have been room to Tetris a fifth into the back, but I didn't need to try because I put the last one on the (empty) spare tire carrier.
Understood. Doh!
Yes of course, I don't need to bring my spare to the installer. Thanks

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I was able to fit all 5 of my take-off BFG's in the back of my 4xe but I had to puzzle it out. After taking them out a couple times I was able to work it out to get them all home. Make sure your spare will fit on the back tire carrier though! I had to leave one tire at the shop because my spare wouldn't go back on the tire carrier but I put it and 4 of the take-offs in the back to get them home. Then I went back by after when I was taking my son to soccer to pick up the last one.

CJ SCION

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUD Hardtop, 2016 JK 2-door Ragtop
Occupation
Tired Again
Understood. Doh!
Yes of course, I don't need to bring my spare to the installer. Thanks
Well, that depends on if you are having the pressure sensors swapped over. The more recent builds have a different unit and it is hit or miss if aftermarket sensors work with the new JLs.

On a side note. I purchase a new recliner that was in its shipping box, the box was just a bit too big to get between the battery and roll bar. Also it would not fit behind the battery and allow the rear gate to close. Unboxed and the three pieces were easy to get loaded. Cargo space is definitely different in the 4xe.