Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I may be wrong but more negative offset helps with flex. It gives you more arch for the tires to stuff in the fender.
All suspension setups will stuff a tire the same amount, but the length of travel to full droop is where all the gray levels come into play.

A negative offset and less droop will put the tire into the outer edge of the fenders. The same offset and a lot of droop will arch the tire further inward, and the fender liner becomes a bigger concern.

Here's the latter, which jives with what you're saying, courtesy of a lot of droop that needs the negative offset.
Jeep Wrangler JL Too much tire poke? 20200831_111107
Sponsored

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
All suspension setups will stuff a tire the same amount, but the length of travel to full droop is where all the gray levels come into play.

A negative offset and less droop will put the tire into the outer edge of the fenders. The same offset and a lot of droop will arch the tire further inward, and the fender liner becomes a bigger concern.

Here's the latter, which jives with what you're saying, courtesy of a lot of droop that needs the negative offset.
Jeep Wrangler JL Too much tire poke? 20200831_111107
I’ve got the 3.5 Metalcloak with fix 2.5 shocks. Think I have around 12” of travel. Your setup looks similar to mine. That’s why I thought the more negative would help me.

buzzdoc

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WranglerUnlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Glorified plumber
Hey all, i'm running a stock 2020 Willys and i'm looking to upgrade wheels and tires.

I'm looking at the Black Rhino Arensal in the following size.

17 X9.5 5-127.00 -18 BKMTXX

Wheels I want to go with Goodyear Duratecs - 35 X12.50R17 LT 121Q E2 BSW

My question though are these going to stick out crazy past the fenders? I want a wide stance but not sure if this combo is going to be too much poke past the fenders.
I love the Arsenals. I went with the 17x8 with the +30-ish offset because I was worried about the poke. I'm still stock height and running the stock K02s. They poke less than 1". i love it!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve got the 3.5 Metalcloak with fix 2.5 shocks. Think I have around 12” of travel. Your setup looks similar to mine. That’s why I thought the more negative would help me.
3.5" Gamechanger here as well. I've got the 6-packs. With the crazy amount of articulation that Metalcloak provides, we need the negative offset. Rock Krawler is the the same. A non Rubicon would need even more negative offset due to their narrower axles.

Sponsored

dsiciliaa

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JLU
I love the Arsenals. I went with the 17x8 with the +30-ish offset because I was worried about the poke. I'm still stock height and running the stock K02s. They poke less than 1". i love it!
Can I please see this?? Hahaha I’ve been looking for some images of +30 arsenals. I assume you have 35x12.5r17 as well? Thanks!

Turbomark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport Altitude
18x9 +18 offset with 275/70/18. I wanted minimal poke, since it’s a DD.

93C6F0A3-E531-429D-B7DC-8C63FAFC7E9E.jpeg

buzzdoc

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Glorified plumber
Can I please see this?? Hahaha I’ve been looking for some images of +30 arsenals. I assume you have 35x12.5r17 as well? Thanks!
I still have the stock 33" KO2's. I'll get a picture and post it later today to try to show the poke. You can see the wheels on my build page now.

Edit- I just looked at my build page. I only have one picture from the side the day the wheels were installed. I'll get more pictures later. If there are any specific angles you'd like to see, let me know.

dsiciliaa

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JLU
I still have the stock 33" KO2's. I'll get a picture and post it later today to try to show the poke. You can see the wheels on my build page now.

Edit- I just looked at my build page. I only have one picture from the side the day the wheels were installed. I'll get more pictures later. If there are any specific angles you'd like to see, let me know.
Thanks a bunch! Hahaha I’ve been scouring the internet for images of the arsenals.

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
To protect your rear fenders just have the wrapped in PPF. The factory film is weak AF. I wrapped the grill, hood, front/rear fenders, and around windshield. Jeep is 2 1/2 years old, and paint is still perfect. Best mod I did to the Jeep.
When putting PPF on the rear fenders do you pull off the skimpy factory ppf there first?

Sponsored

buzzdoc

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Glorified plumber
@dsiciliaa

Finally got around to taking those pictures I promised.

Jeep Wrangler JL Too much tire poke? IMG_5444

Jeep Wrangler JL Too much tire poke? IMG_5448

Jeep Wrangler JL Too much tire poke? IMG_5447

Jeep Wrangler JL Too much tire poke? IMG_5442

Jeep Wrangler JL Too much tire poke? IMG_5446

If you happen to like and decide on these exact wheels (17x8 with +30mm offset), shoot me a PM before you order. Due to my dumbassery, I happen to have a set of 5 untouched in the boxes that I could make you a deal on.

dsiciliaa

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JLU
@dsiciliaa

If you happen to like and decide on these exact wheels (17x8 with +30mm offset), shoot me a PM before you order. Due to my dumbassery, I happen to have a set of 5 untouched in the boxes that I could make you a deal on.
Thank you for this!! Really tough to find good images of this wheel with +30 offset hahaa. My biggest concern is whether or not there will be any rubbing with 35s no lift. I have a Sahara so less wiggle room under those fenders lol. I just like the tucked look and I've heard a lot of people say that -18 pushes that tire out quite a bit.

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
@dsiciliaa

Nice jeep! Fyi you can take a hole saw and drill to cut the wheel cover for your camera.

Jeep Wrangler JL Too much tire poke? E9D9902F-15DB-47AC-8162-016EE1B59F0B

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I have a -3.5 inches of backspacing. That is equal to .889 mm. My tires poke out. It looks cool, but if the pavement is even a little bit damp, my Jeep get dirty.

Jeep Wrangler JL Too much tire poke? 1637575705672

And it does not always fit in the rutts made by other Jeeps.
Jeep Wrangler JL Too much tire poke? 1637575773936

So if you like the poke, just be committed to washing it. It will look like this every time it rains and every time you take it wheeling. The cycle of washing is never ending. And this is why I have a subscription to the local drive through wash.

Jeep Wrangler JL Too much tire poke? 1637576021109

buzzdoc

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Glorified plumber
Nice jeep! Fyi you can take a hole saw and drill to cut the wheel cover for your camera.

Jeep Wrangler JL Too much tire poke? 1637576021109
That looks great. I've thought about doing just that, but I was concerned the center cap might obstruct the camera. Any problems there?
Sponsored