edodo

First Name
edo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUXR
Hi guys
Looking into a built new jeep that have already the mopar cold air intake factory installed.
Do I have to cut the hood or can I live with it without cutting?
I understand there will be no gain, and I'm not paying extra for it,
Just wane make sure there will be no damage to the engine without cutting.

It's an automatic transmission.
I saw today in the jeep builder it's allowing it only for manual transmission.
Thanks a lot for any help.
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Hi guys
Looking into a built new jeep that have already the mopar cold air intake factory installed.
Do I have to cut the hood or can I live with it without cutting?
I understand there will be no gain, and I'm not paying extra for it,
Just wane make sure there will be no damage to the engine without cutting.

It's an automatic transmission.
I saw today in the jeep builder it's allowing it only for manual transmission.
Thanks a lot for any help.
I assumed that a factory-installed CAI would come fully installed - including the hood cut. It doesn't?

Getting a factory (more likely at the port) cut is the biggest reason to get it on an ordered unit, as opposed to the parts department.

OP
OP

edodo

First Name
edo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUXR
You do not have to have the hood vent portion cut into the hood. I say that because the hood vent has a door flap that is for closing off the hood vent outside air portion. IMHO the functioning hood vent is the best part of the system, true outside air.
Thanks..
I belive it's the whole perpse.
But cutting the hode,and be worried about water getting in.. I'll pass šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Had the hood vent installed for almost 2 years now. I have driven through some decent rain and even pressure washed without the cover on (carefully). The mesh vent does a good job of keeping water out. I have never had the airbox wet.

The only time I put the cover on is during a heavy downpour. I always hand wash but I would put it on going through a car wash as well.

OP
OP

edodo

First Name
edo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUXR
Had the hood vent installed for almost 2 years now. I have driven through some decent rain and even pressure washed without the cover on (carefully). The mesh vent does a good job of keeping water out. I have never had the airbox wet.

The only time I put the cover on is during a heavy downpour. I always hand wash but I would put it on going through a car wash as well.
I Was following you install and it gave a lot of info. THANKS.
When you cut the hood do you need to change anything in the inside to get the air from the hood cut instead of the front grill ?
Also , the Air Filter as I was reading is worst off road then the OEM paper filter. witch one do you use ? I saw you can change between them.
Thanks a lot man

The_Irish_Weaver

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S - 2-door - Manual
Also , the Air Filter as I was reading is worst off road then the OEM paper filter. witch one do you use ? I saw you can change between them.
Thanks a lot man
i saw the CAI option on the build site when i was first ordering and i spoke to my sales guy about it - he's a Jeep guy not just a salesman and his opinion (which ive come to agree with) is that its really offered for those who tow a lot/often with the jeep and not smart for those who do a lot of off-roading, or live in dusty/sandy areas. I passed on it...sometimes less is more.

OP
OP

edodo

First Name
edo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUXR
i saw the CAI option on the build site when i was first ordering and i spoke to my sales guy about it - he's a Jeep guy not just a salesman and his opinion (which ive come to agree with) is that its really offered for those who tow a lot/often with the jeep and not smart for those who do a lot of off-roading, or live in dusty/sandy areas. I passed on it...sometimes less is more.
thanks! I believe the filter can be changed to the regular paper one and then is about the same.
I think :)

Sponsored

The_Irish_Weaver

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S - 2-door - Manual
thanks! I believe the filter can be changed to the regular paper one and then is about the same.
I think :)
i think the CAI is the cone type of filter and the standard is the box with the flat filter....its a different system.

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
Iā€™d love to see a air intake temp between the mopar and the factory.

OP
OP

edodo

First Name
edo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUXR
oh that sucks....im glad i diddnt get it even more now...they just changed the intake location and not the actual filter/system
It's an air filter you can wash,instead of replace.
Not sure if it's better or worse šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Sponsored