First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
Installed my Mopar 2" lift and JKS adjustable front track bar last week, loving it so far. Front axle shifted around 1/2", fixed that with the JKS front track bar. Overall actual lift height is really close to 3" for me and couldn't be happier.

Before Lift:
Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club Before lift 1

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club Before lift 2

After Lift:
Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club After lift 1

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club After lift 2

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club After lift 3

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Installed my Mopar 2" lift and JKS adjustable front track bar last week, loving it so far. Front axle shifted around 1/2", fixed that with the JKS front track bar. Overall actual lift height is really close to 3" for me and couldn't be happier.

Before Lift:
Before lift 1.jpg

Before lift 2.jpg

After Lift:
After lift 1.jpg

After lift 2.jpg

After lift 3.jpg
I was thinking of the installing the same lift - when you say the front axle shifted, is that forward and back or side to side? Was it very hard to measure and correct?

Also people mention that the Mopar lift messes with the steering geometry slightly, just enough to make it squirrely to drive, is that what the JKS track bars are suppose to correct

I assume bigger tires are next up?

Sorry for all the questions. Between my neighbor and I installing this is in our wheelhouse, but want to understand what we may have to correct at the same time.

:)

Sponsored

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
I was thinking of the installing the same lift - when you say the front axle shifted, is that forward and back or side to side? Was it very hard to measure and correct?

Also people mention that the Mopar lift messes with the steering geometry slightly, just enough to make it squirrely to drive, is that what the JKS track bars are suppose to correct

I assume bigger tires are next up?

Sorry for all the questions. Between my neighbor and I installing this is in our wheelhouse, but want to understand what we may have to correct at the same time.

:)
Shifted the front axle side to side so readjusted with a new adjustable front track bar, I used a JKS but there are numerous other track bar manufacturers, tires are 35's I'm happy with them, maybe one day 37's? The Mopar lift comes with slightly longer LCA's for the forward/back correction (caster). I also had to re-center my steering wheel but that is a simple adjustment via the drag link. I will probably get an alignment just to have everything checked out.
**Shoutout to all the people and threads on this forum very helpful** I am definitely no expert on lifts as it was only my second one that I installed but there is a wealth of knowledge on here!

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Shifted the front axle side to side so readjusted with a new adjustable front track bar, I used a JKS but there are numerous other track bar manufacturers, tires are 35's I'm happy with them, maybe one day 37's? The Mopar lift comes with slightly longer LCA's for the forward/back correction (caster). I also had to re-center my steering wheel but that is a simple adjustment via the drag link. I will probably get an alignment just to have everything checked out.
**Shoutout to all the people and threads on this forum very helpful** I am definitely no expert on lifts as it was only my second one that I installed but there is a wealth of knowledge on here!
Thank you much, now that you mention it that is what I recall, that the slightly longer LCA's help with castor.
And agreed, a wealth of knowledge on this boards.

Sponsored