Camp Jeep - Man, I sure miss it!

Lucky #7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6-spd Manual
As the weather gets colder and the top/doors are up/on I think of the summer months. Then I noticed this watch I got at Camp Jeep back at the turn of the century. I really miss it and I am dumbfounded as to why they can't put it back together. Maybe they think there are TOO MANY Wranglers? I went to five of them in Virginia ('99, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2007) and I would pay triple to go back again. Jeeps as far as you could see... Then again, my arm did get a little sore waving at all those Jeeps... Which ones did you go to?

IMG_5880.JPG
Sponsored

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know what you speak of... but it sounds like something that needs to be revived.

OP
OP
Lucky #7

Lucky #7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6-spd Manual
I don't know what you speak of... but it sounds like something that needs to be revived.
Here's one way to encapsulate it.
https://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=1566&fIId=3631&mid=

I loved it because it was awesome hanging out with thousands of Jeep enthusiasts while doing fun things. I enjoyed the Jeep teeter totter. In this you try to balance a Wrangler on a huge teeter totter. That was fun. Jeep 101: Jeep trucked in many different Jeeps and built a track. You drive THEIR Jeeps. Kind of what you see at the car shows but longer and way more exciting. They had a contest for how fast you could put down and put back up a Wrangler soft top. You could win a new top. They had the flying tomato (Sean White) doing skateboard exhibitions. Tim McGraw performed one year, Kenny Loggins another year. There were trail rides rated from 1 to 10. I'm only telling you 25% of the stuff they offered.

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
Went in 96 and 2000 in our 96 Grand Chrokee. Camp Jeep is the reason I have a a Wrangler! The GC was no slouch off-road and I do miss that V8.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here's one way to encapsulate it.
https://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=1566&fIId=3631&mid=

I loved it because it was awesome hanging out with thousands of Jeep enthusiasts while doing fun things. I enjoyed the Jeep teeter totter. In this you try to balance a Wrangler on a huge teeter totter. That was fun. Jeep 101: Jeep trucked in many different Jeeps and built a track. You drive THEIR Jeeps. Kind of what you see at the car shows but longer and way more exciting. They had a contest for how fast you could put down and put back up a Wrangler soft top. You could win a new top. They had the flying tomato (Sean White) doing skateboard exhibitions. Tim McGraw performed one year, Kenny Loggins another year. There were trail rides rated from 1 to 10. I'm only telling you 25% of the stuff they offered.
WTF!? That TOTALLY needs to come back!

Sponsored

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just googled it, and on the first page Camp Jeep is referred to as the auto show thing.

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
This is wicked! Definitely would be cool to see it make a comeback. The pricing is insane though especially back then for just 3 days.

-Julia

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
This is wicked! Definitely would be cool to see it make a comeback. The pricing is insane though especially back then for just 3 days.

-Julia
I thought it was a bargin back in the day. I could bring my whole family for 3 days of trail riding and top notch entertainment along with all kinds of activities for kids and adults for a fraction of the cost of a Jeep Jamboree. Even back then JJ's were per person and expensive for a family of four. I'd have to check but I think the first one we went to in '96 was less than $200.00 per vehicle!

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Camp Jeep was a lot of fun! I did 2 in CO 96 and 98. 00 I think was in the Blue ridge mountains, then 02 in Branson. They definitely should bring it back, I imagine it would be even more popular now

OP
OP
Lucky #7

Lucky #7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6-spd Manual
I just googled it, and on the first page Camp Jeep is referred to as the auto show thing.
To be VERY clear: the auto show one is NOTHING like the real thing. I've been to the auto show one and they should not even call it Camp Jeep.
Seriously, if they brought back the real Camp Jeep I bet you could get 10,000+ Jeeps. One year they sent out a questionnaire asking if those of us who had been to multiple Camp Jeeps would be cool if they opened it up to "non-Jeep" 4x4's. There was a resounding "hell no." They listened and it was only Jeeps. Not sure who even came up with the idea. Very glad they kept it just for Jeeps.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lucky #7

Lucky #7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6-spd Manual
I thought it was a bargin back in the day. I could bring my whole family for 3 days of trail riding and top notch entertainment along with all kinds of activities for kids and adults for a fraction of the cost of a Jeep Jamboree. Even back then JJ's were per person and expensive for a family of four. I'd have to check but I think the first one we went to in '96 was less than $200.00 per vehicle!
I thought the earlier ones were a good deal. Got more expensive later. Today I'm not focused on the price. I just want the chance to do it again.

JeffCj7Jl

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ7, 2015 4Runner, 2021 JLR
I went to the one in 99 in VA With my XJ. Definitely wish Jeep would bring it back.
Sponsored