Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR (aka Juno) - Hydro Blue
Gibson leather works. Quality product, simple
Jeep Wrangler JL Lets see where you put your cell phones IMG_20200903_223606
and very functional. I ran the cable out from the center console along side the drivers seat.
I just had a look at their website and these are gorgeous!

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I use Android Auto. When I plug in the phone, Android Auto comes up on the info/tainment screen.

If I receive a call or a TXT, I can see who they are from by glancing at the screen.

I keep my phone in the centre console plugged into the USB port with a 6" lead.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Another vote for Gibson leatherworks. I love them. Bought one for each side and the wife loves hers for the passenger seat.

the only thing that I noticed recently is that if you use the Apple wallet (small little leather thing that attaches via magnets) on your phone, sliding the phone/wallet into the Gibson will knock off the wallet. Not really an issue but….. if you do use an Apple wallet…… be aware of this..

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Hasn't this phone mount thread been done a few times before?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rescue119

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
Hasn't this phone mount thread been done a few times before?
Probably but like I said in my first post I bought a item and then it didn't work for 2 drs....so....

2drs sometimes need special consideration due to lack of space. Since we also have ti put our seats forward for rear passengers.

MJHuber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
This is smart.

Only thing is that the metal disc u attach to your phone or case interfere with wireless charging pads which I use at home. Used these magnets before.

Why didn't jeep just make a slot deep in the dash lol.
These work great and don't interfere with wireless charging.

Screenshot_20211104-055717_Amazon Shopping.jpg

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Probably but like I said in my first post I bought a item and then it didn't work for 2 drs....so....

2drs sometimes need special consideration due to lack of space. Since we also have ti put our seats forward for rear passengers.
I have the bulletproof magnet mount and it works great for my 2 door. Any proper phone mount would work in a 2 or 4 door.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rescue119

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
I have the bulletproof magnet mount and it works great for my 2 door. Any proper phone mount would work in a 2 or 4 door.
more looking for place to put a phone, which can be still be quickly accessible (so not the center console) while still connected to android auto. If that slot was like 4 or 5 inchs deep would be perfect. not sure why they put it there.

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2014 4Runner Limited

I picked one of these up recently. I've never used cell phone holder in any of my other vehicles because I don't like things up on my dash in my line of sight. But not only is there zero place to put the phone in the Jeep, I tend to use my phone more in the Jeep since I use the SirusXM app for music.

When I first put it up I didn't think I liked because its sort of in your face but now that Ive had it a while I've come to like it. It makes it so much easier to use. Its a great phone mount, very solid and super easy to install.

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Jeep Wrangler JL Lets see where you put your cell phones IMG_0492b

Vector E-Dock with a Ram X-Grip mount & u-bolt base. Love this setup. It's steady as a rock. And with the E-Dock, I can move things around if need be.

In my JK, I had a Rugged Ridge mount that replaced the little tray on top of the dash. It was okay, but the phone clamp wasn't very snug. Rough trails and the phone would FLY out like rocket propelled toast. Wanted something solid this time to avoid getting hit in the face by an escaped iPhone.

And with the Ram mount setup in the JL, I haven't had the phone come out even once. Definitely recommend.
Sponsored