Sponsored

When will Flat Black go away

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Millennials are GenY 😂

-Julia (a Millennial)
Gen ABC-XYZ, 123-Milennials. Shotgun strategy. Cover everything and everyone. Some twice! And why are you not in the basement playing video games? :LOL:
Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

Since black was the first assembly line car ever I don't think it will be going away anytime soon!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think when you offer a new vehicle with black tops and fenders as the standard colors and painted fenders and tops are only offered on a few models and only on the upper priced models black becomes the normal. I would say that 90% of new Jeeps on dealer lots fit this bill, so black will be king as long as Jeep doesn't offer colors as standard equipment. Both my new Ram and Lexus have chrome wheels and some chrome trim on the vehicles, which I like, just looks classy over too much black. Since I will be ordering a new 2022 Willys Sport with only A/C as a option a stripper model and I will be getting it with all black trim, wheels, fenders, top, grille, and just about everything else black. I guess I can get some chrome wheels later and keep the look in the family. If I go with chrome wheels the Willys decal on the hood will come off and the Islander decals will go on and become a street and beach cruiser.
^^^This^^^

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Since black was the first assembly line car ever I don't think it will be going away anytime soon!
Gloss black. And the all black thing came 6 years into production, probably as a way of keeping up with the demand. Link

"During the early stages of the Model T production, the car was available in almost any colour, except black. In fact the very first model came in red. Later models of the Ford Model T came with a variety of colours such as green, bright red, dark blue, maroon, brown, grey and of course black. But from 1914 to 1925, the Model T came only in black."

Deleted member 59498

Gloss black. And the all black thing came 6 years into production, probably as a way of keeping up with the demand. Link

"During the early stages of the Model T production, the car was available in almost any colour, except black. In fact the very first model came in red. Later models of the Ford Model T came with a variety of colours such as green, bright red, dark blue, maroon, brown, grey and of course black. But from 1914 to 1925, the Model T came only in black."

Yeah but it was not meant to be all that serious! :LOL:

I don't see too many flat black cars though.

My new order is Bright White with all the black accents; sexy look!

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I do think the military shipyard colors are going to look tacky in a few years.
Anecdotally, it seems that almost half of the passenger cars and light trucks on the road today are some variation of gray or silver. I don't think it's a tacky color choice, just boring and easily overdone. E.g., Stellantis continuing FCA's dependence on offering two or three variations of gray or silver for the Wrangler, year in and year out, simply to keep the palette well-populated. It's a safe choice, and probably popular in its own way. I'll be the first to say Granite Crystal Metallic looks very nice in the sun, even though I had no interest in it for my own Jeep.

Deleted member 59498

Not sure they can do much more with gray, cement, stingray, silvergray and I am sure there is half dozen more grey somethings. Come to think of it even the name is not really the name I always use gray/grey or such. Weird.

Sorry too much coffee!

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
Gen ABC-XYZ, 123-Milennials. Shotgun strategy. Cover everything and everyone. Some twice! And why are you not in the basement playing video games? :LOL:
Because I'm one of the few that can drive stick and actually wheel thanks to my family who raised me not to be a hermit bahaha. Side note I HATE video games.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
"Always bet on black"
"Black don't crack"
"Once you go black, you never go back"
"The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice"
"Black is beautiful"
"Black by popular demand"
Etc........

Sponsored

TheSonofSal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU/JLU
Because I'm one of the few that can drive stick and actually wheel thanks to my family who raised me not to be a hermit bahaha. Side note I HATE video games.
lol ..I’m actually laughing.
So someone who doesn’t drive a “stick” and wheel is a hermit. How small minded of you Morris4x4.
I didn’t know Morris hired Yosemite Sam to do their forum marketing.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Always bet on black"
"Black don't crack"
"Once you go black, you never go back"
"The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice"
"Black is beautiful"
"Black by popular demand"
Etc........
You forgot Back in Black.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was curious if new cars can get a patina look and after a quick search, Porsche coincidentally JUST started offering an oxidized metal patina on their cars. I want to hate it but, I'm mixed

I imagine it's difficult to find the real deal

https://mystarcollectorcar.com/what-is-patina-and-when-does-it-just-seem-goofy/
Bull Sh-t will always baffle brains. Torn or ripped jeans and now Fake Patina? No Fake Patina for me. The insult to injury will be Porsche charging $10K+ for the fake patina. I straight up hate it. And I am a Porsche fan.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So someone who doesn’t drive a “stick” and wheel is a hermit. How small minded of you Morris4x4.
Relax we were just having fun. She was just stating not all Gen Y are Digital Natives.

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
I mean that's how most view us apparently. Just breaking the stigma :CWL:
Sponsored