One Aux Switch Left - Ummm??

missionale

First Name
Jeepie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
What do I use it for - Aux 1 is up for grabs - Aux 2 has Winch Solenoid, Aux 3 Pillar lights and Aux 4 Grille lights. Compressor on dedicated switch, Brawlee on dedicated switch.....there's gotta be something out there...
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Ron,

Aux 1 could be used to manually control rear-facing LED lights. Example.

(Just an idea. I'm not advocating that particular brand.)

Sponsored

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
A separate power distribution block for the interior.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

A separate power distribution block for the interior.
Iā€™m a fan of the power distribution, but why on a switch? Just playing devils advocate (not throwing shade, Iā€™m genuinely curious); why not take power straight from the battery? You could add a relay for ignition control if you want, but to me having always on power makes a lot of sense. Do you run a lot of low draw items that you want grouped together on a switch?

Also, in case you didnā€™t already know. If you want ignition power for small items like radar detector, or CB radio thereā€™s a 10 amp ignition and a 10 amp always hot circuit bundled in with the interior aux leads.

OP
OP
missionale

missionale

First Name
Jeepie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Iā€™m a fan of the power distribution, but why on a switch? Just playing devils advocate (not throwing shade, Iā€™m genuinely curious); why not take power straight from the battery? You could add a relay for ignition control if you want, but to me having always on power makes a lot of sense. Do you run a lot of low draw items that you want grouped together on a switch?

Also, in case you didnā€™t already know. If you want ignition power for small items like radar detector, or CB radio thereā€™s a 10 amp ignition and a 10 amp always hot circuit bundled in with the interior aux leads.
Used the Interior Aux Ignition lead for remote Midland Radio installation - you gotta love that OEM Aux Switch bundle - Jeep actually gave that one some thought -

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Used the Interior Aux Ignition lead for remote Midland Radio installation - you gotta love that OEM Aux Switch bundle - Jeep actually gave that one some thought -
Yessir! I used it for the hard wired connection to the radar detector, and almost tied my CB in with it before deciding CB is dead and I'll just keep my handheld around for "those" groups. I ran my ham radio to the engine bay by the battery in case I ever want one of my 40 amps back I can just remove it from the aux and tie it into the house battery. But for now, it's tied into Aux 2 @ 40 amps, it retains last state and comes on auto-magically with the ignition. Works a treat.
Sponsored