Sponsored

Plug and Play amp upgrade to basic system

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
@Cutterone : One year later (read you installed it last July), how's the PWD-X5 been? Still recommended?
Sorry haven't been paying attention. Yeah its great for its simplicity and definitely worth it. I have since traded up to a 2021 Sarge with alpine, which I think is fantastic, but I wouldn't hesitate to add the PWD-X5, just might want a reputable shop put it in
Sponsored

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
I think, I figured out the distortion problem and why it was happening with this system,
I decided to listen to music from my note 20 ultra in my house, using Blutooth to connect to my 42 inch 5.1 soundbar system.
I did my usual with my phone, turned the volume all the way up, well you guessed it, distortion.
It seem that turning the blutooth volume all the way up adds the distortion,

Weiszeric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
In case anyone is wondering...this was a perfect plug and play to the head unit and simple crimping/soldering to the alpine ktp-445U. Wires that came were about 8 feet long so enough to route and mount under the seat, I opted to cut them shorted and mount behind the dash.

Thanks for the info here...

Question, would this possibly be a replacement to the harness? https://netaudio.com/product/jeep-w...allation-jeep-wrangler-gladiator-jl-jlu-jt-2/

Basically I want a complete plug and play. And I have an amp from a previous vehicle I'd like to use. Just not sure how it'd all get back to the factory speakers.

Weiszeric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Thanks for taking a look. Ordered, and am happy. It works great.

This definitely looks like it would eliminate the need to cut into the factory harness. It provides out and in wiring from the amp (and, it already contains the resistors necessary with most amps to make the head unit think there are speakers connected). The only wiring required would be to make all the connections to the amp's in and out feeds (which should be a total of 16 wires).

ggilla614

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Engineer
I also got my net audio wiring harness installed tonight and it works well! I have an IDatalink harness that I did not have any luck getting it to work. I feel bad throwing it away, if anyone would like it you can have it for the cost of shipping.

Sponsored

calisro

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
So, I went to install the front 77Kick25ABs today and noticed the capacitors on the factory speakers.
They are on the left side of the factory connector. I also noticed that the 77Kick25ABs have the exact same connector and it is just bridged with a wire (soldered), so... I was able unsolder the wire bridging the connection and solder the Bass Blockers onto the Kicks without modification to the factory wiring harness. :like:

thumbnail_IMG_6245.jpg
When I tried this, it sounded terrible. Lost a LOT of sound. I removed it and much better.

calisro

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I pulled the existing ones off the stock speakers and soldered them to the kickers. I'm going to end up with a small KTP-445U amp anyway which has a crossover in it so I'm not worried about it. But I was surprised the sound was so low with those capacitors installed. It was odd. I don't think i'll need bass blockers when the amp is installed anyway.

Sponsored

calisro

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
@Wolfy I'm fairly ignorant here on caps. I'm trying to find the proper one for the kickers I have in the dash (77Kick25AB). It looks like the caps in the range you installed have different volts? Do you have some guidance on what I should be looking for?

calisro

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I must say the alpine harnesses (main, T, and power) make this an effortless endeavor. Sounds great. If you keep all alpine including the sub, its plug and play at a fraction of the cost of the $1400 set. I have yet to hook up a sub but I replaced the 2 dash speakers and the 2 soundbar ones with the mopar plug and play ones and added a 400mhz bass blocker and it cranks. The sub will definitely round out the sound.

They are still available as referenced above.

https://encompass.com/item/12692859/Alpine/PSS23WRA-THRNS/

https://encompass.com/item/12692856/Alpine/PSS23WRA-MNHRNS/

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
So the new bass blockers fixed the problem with the 77Kick25ABs? I hope so. I really still like mine. I've got a sub to add but haven't gotten there yet. ;)
Sponsored