2022 392 Stripper?

cpost6

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
That's like saying the Scat Pack reduces the sales of the Hellcats. It doesn't. People have budgets and Dodges success is in having a flavor for everyone's price range. Being that Dodge and Jeep are the same company I'd be shocked if they didn't do this.
Guess your shocked!
Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Guess your shocked!
Not shocked. It will happen. They know sales will explode and given the supply chain issues they actually don't want that to happen right now. Once everything gets back to normal that's when I'd be shocked if they didn't.

JEEPmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 2dr
I'd be more shocked if they improved the service department and level of customer care to what should be expected from a manufacturer that's selling $80k vehicles.

I don't see them finding ways to make the 392 more accessible. The exclusivity is what allows them to charge a premium.

MerlinsGarage

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21RUB392, 97Vipr,14Porsc 911,06Ford GT,64Vette etc
Not shocked. It will happen. They know sales will explode and given the supply chain issues they actually don't want that to happen right now. Once everything gets back to normal that's when I'd be shocked if they didn't.
Stella upped the price another 2% for 2022. Not going backwards. Some dealerships are giving discounts. If you really want one of these soon-to-be extinct beasts don't wait too long. And BTW, IMHO worth every penny.....:like:

ekometti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge 392, 2015 Cayenne S
Iā€™m totally with you on the switch to electric vehicles. Iā€™m all for the market dictating the switch if thatā€™s what people truly want, but we have to be realistic with the timeline. Also making it illegal to sale of gasoline engines entirely is insane.

I do agree the jeep brand has moved up in position in terms of the way they have branded themselves. But I donā€™t think even a 392 goes head to head with a G wagon or any of Land Rover/range rover vehicles. Itā€™s still isnā€™t nearly as nice inside and of course the jeep run circles around both vehicles off road. I know the G wagon can be capable off road, but itā€™s set up for a street princess from the factory. I think the fact that Jeep still offers lower trim sports with manual windows and no air-conditioning speaks for itself.
I primarily went with a JEEP this go around because there are only 2 Porsche dealers in VA, they are over an hour and a half from me, for Land Rover there are 5 dealers, also the same amount of distance. Its a real PITA when service is needed or if the transfer case craps out and disconnects the drive shaft less than 1/4 mile from your house. In that same amount of distance there are 20+ JEEP dealers, easily. I kinda like the convenience not having to drive hours to pay over $350 for an oil change.

Sponsored

ekometti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge 392, 2015 Cayenne S
Let's not forget that $300k income comes with a 50% total tax rate out here, as our government thinks we are rich. 6 figure taxes and 7 figure homes say we are far from it. Another 15 years and I can sell this overpriced home and move the hell out of CA very comfortably retired.
Why I moved from outside Boston (Newton) to Marshall Virginia. Its beautiful and if I have to drive to Bethesda the highway is relatively close.

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Subaru BRZ, 2010 Toyota FJ, 2001 Honda S2000
This will NOT happen. Sorry, would be cool, but no way. Watch and see. The 392 is gone in less than 2 years. From here on out, no incentives, not much in the way of deals, and no stripper model. As we get into 2023 and the clock is ticking down, expect stupid ADM, and people paying it. Same with V8 Challengers and Chargers. Get them while you can. The midnight hour is almost here for them.

VKSheridan

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 Dr Rubicon JL Hardtop
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase
This will NOT happen. Sorry, would be cool, but no way. Watch and see. The 392 is gone in less than 2 years.
Stellantis has already announced the end of Hellcat production being 2023. The first indicator was when they disbanded the SRT design committees, the second was when model year changes were dedicated to everything but the power train. It was a good run but clearly never had a chance at being a long one.

As the global consumer thirst for renewable energy grows while interest in driving for the sake of driving diminishes, I fear our lifestyles are in for a significant change. People will look at us in disdain wondering why we clung to our beliefs.

In the day, people were all but certain the fossil fuel (gasoline) engine would never replace the steam engine. Water was everywhere, gas wasnā€™t. Water falls from the sky freely, gas needed a distillery. They simply could not imagine gas stations popping up along common paths just like their water stops did for the railroad. ā€Thatā€™s just too unrealisticā€œ they said as they cut down another renewable tree to heat their water into steam.

Perish the thought but I fear our kids might be the generation that will sit toothless on the porch as their grandkids beg them to fire up the vehicle in the barn with the IC engine so they can hear and see all the moving parts and wonder how in the hell we trusted, let alone loved the damn things to take us to the middle of nowhereā€¦ā€¦..

Errrrr, what was the question?

MerlinsGarage

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stellantis has already announced the end of Hellcat production being 2023. The first indicator was when they disbanded the SRT design committees, the second was when model year changes were dedicated to everything but the power train. It was a good run but clearly never had a chance at being a long one.............................

Stella / Dodge division officially pulled the manual trans option for the Hellcat last week. This was just a formality since the ordering book was closed on MTs (for HC & HCWB) since fall of 2020. Highest performer in MT is now the Challenger Scat Pack 392.

VKSheridan

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase
Stella / Dodge division officially pulled the manual trans option for the Hellcat last week. This was just a formality since the ordering book was closed on MTs (for HC & HCWB) since fall of 2020. Highest performer in MT is now the Challenger Scat Pack 392.
Wow, I hadnā€™t heard that yet. I hope StateFarm doesnā€™t hear that. Theyā€™ll crank up my already crazy rates for my M6 saying the resell went upā€¦ā€¦

Sponsored

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
There's a market for stripped down Hemis. If you build it, they will come.
Just because all the rich guys are buying the 392, doesn't mean they are the only ones who want them. I would have seriously considered trading in my V6 if they didn't cost 2 Rubicons.
I dunno guys. Way , way back Mopar brought out the Road Runner. 383, Hipo engine standard, 426 Hemi as the only option, four Sp stick or torqueflite trans and heavy duty suspension with steel wheels and el cheapo hubcaps in a base 2dr sedan with a taxicab bench seat interior with rubber floor mats. A poor manā€™s super car. I loved it, but almost immediatly they started adding more and more options. Very quickly it became impossible to find a ā€œbaseā€ RoadRunner. They were all being loaded up with options and the price rose accordingly. Quickly became a GTX with another name. I suspect the same would happen today, only more so-folks Love all the goodies, and the mfgrā€™s are happy to oblige given the options make a huge difference in the profit margin. Iā€™d love to see a JL Sport with a 5.7 coming in for $40kor less, but Iā€™d not hold my breathšŸ˜

MerlinsGarage

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, I hadnā€™t heard that yet. I hope StateFarm doesnā€™t hear that. Theyā€™ll crank up my already crazy rates for my M6 saying the resell went upā€¦ā€¦
Hahaha, we've got St Farm as well and looking for an HCWB-M6............shhhhhh we'll keep it quiet.

VKSheridan

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase
Whoa. Are you saying this entire clickbait thread is about Jeeps?
Sponsored