Sponsored

Diesel Oil Filter

Paulguy100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Is everyone using the Mopar brand or what other?? 48 bucks, wow.
Sponsored

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
Amazon has $18 ones. They’re all the same made in China crap and have the same micron rating. Mind as well get the cheapest. Probably all made on the same assembly line they just aren’t paying the mopar name brand royalty.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Yes, the factory filter is expensive, but I'd have warranty concerns about using a much cheaper knock-off. DIY oil changes will not cause warranty issues per se, but why give them a toehold to deny coverage.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
I work at a CDJR dealer and they are using Ecogard filters and Pennzoil 5w-40. I'm ok if they are ok.

Twowheels19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 GMC Sierra 8.1, ‘22 JLURD
I’m sort of new to the JL forum and have a diesel on order.

Has anyone on here researched adding a remote oil filter assembly so that one could use a high quality, readily available and more affordable filter?

Thanks in advance.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
I’m sort of new to the JL forum and have a diesel on order.

Has anyone on here researched adding a remote oil filter assembly so that one could use a high quality, readily available and more affordable filter?

Thanks in advance.
I don't think he is talking about a bypass filter. Though they could work in conjunction with one another.

The way I read what he wrote, he is wanting to use a regular old spin on filter (remotely mounted, but inline) in lieu of the factory abortion. I had the same thought long ago. I'll get around to fabricating something one day.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think he is talking about a bypass filter. Though they could work in conjunction with one another.

The way I read what he wrote, he is wanting to use a regular old spin on filter (remotely mounted, but inline) in lieu of the factory abortion. I had the same thought long ago. I'll get around to fabricating something one day.
That wound not be a bad idea.

Sponsored

144treks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU 3.0L Diesel, 2006 Liberty 2.8L Diesel
This is not a remote oil filter adapter at all. It simply uses the older style filter and provides an outlet, about 1/8", to send a small amount of oil to your choice of bypass filter for super cleaning and typically sending that cleaned oil back down the oil fill tube.

I am currently machining prototypes, in my spare time, for two different adapters. One is a full remote and bypass adapter using AN12 fittings and one which is a simple pancake adapter that allows a conventional spin on filter. Both will use the big Dodge Cummins filter. I will be using Amsoil EAO80, if you want to see the specs on that filter: https://amsoilcontent.com/ams/graphs/eao/filterspecs.pdf

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My bad. These two are our first trek toward the "Dark Side" as one of my techs who owns a Cummins said. Looking forward to seeing the results. At least FCA put the fuel filter in an easy to access spot.

Jwobes

First Name
Juliana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Eco Diesel
The only aftermarket filters I trust are Docs Diesel. I have ran them for 37,000 miles problem free. They meet or exceed OEM specs on testing. They have a bundle that includes air/oil & fuel filter for about $95. A hell of a deal when mopar wants $50-80 an oil filter. They are 100% an American made company. I also work with them since I loved their products so much. Use my code “JULIANA10” for 10% off your next purchase with them!

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
It's sad that there doesn't seem to be any intention form the top tier manufacturers to support this motor. I want a baldwin filter or some other high end filter. From their IPC Performance Report, I thought Ecogard was better than Mopar, but maybe that is not correct?