Sponsored

Dealers % Below Invoice on 2022 Wranglers

hsracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2DR JL Sport (Sold); 2022 JLU Sport S ordered
Anybody know when orders for the sport models will open up?
Sponsored

Jeepnutz

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Ordered yesterday from Kent at Peterson's Stampede Jeep in Nampa Idaho. Called every Jeep dealer here in Oregon and they were all $4k to 6k more.

Screenshot_20211027-193949_Drive.jpg

MallBrawler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JKR, '21 JLUR, '21 Tesla MYP, '22 4XE ordered
Occupation
Jeep Caretaker
Unfortunately no one know this. You can order some 2022 models but actual production for any 2022 does not start until early December. That's IF shortages don't delay things. Best case scenario for some models is probably late Dec early Jan for actual delivery. Again, that's if there are no logistic issues.

If your selling privately I'd pay off your loan to get your title asap. That way you can act quickly if needed. Paying off a loan or having title in hand is not so important if your trading.
There are definitely alot of variables (how long bank takes to get me title, how long special order takes). I do have another car to drive so I guess its fine, but reselling my existing to carmax/auction is probably the best case scenario as they give the highest on trades.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
There are definitely alot of variables (how long bank takes to get me title, how long special order takes). I do have another car to drive so I guess its fine, but reselling my existing to carmax/auction is probably the best case scenario as they give the highest on trades.
Used prices are back up again. Maybe as high as it was back in May-June. You have another car to drive? If the is the case I would sell the car you want to dump now to Carmax, Vroom, Carvana, etc. Whoever offers the most. That way you don't need to payoff anything or wait for a title. And you will be getting top money and have cash in hand.

What we know about ordering a Wrangler. The obvious wildcard will be parts. The most probably cause for delays will be parts shortages.

Things can go smoothly if parts are availble. 2022s are basically the same as 2021s so no new tooling.They will just change VINs to 2022s. 2022s start production around early Dec. Wranglers take 1.5-2 days to be produced if all parts are available. 2022 order banks just opened a few weeks ago so you would probably be among the first in line to be built unless there are parts shortages for your build.

Shipping can be a wildcard and is the source for some/most delays. All built Wranglers sit and wait to be loaded on to trucks and trains depending on which part of the country they are going to. They will not send a truck or train out unless every spot on the truck or train is filled. Orders to high volume dealers close to the factory might get their Wranglers sooner. A Wrangler going across the country to a tiny town might take longer because they will idle a truck until every spot is filled. Same with rail cars.

Back in 2019 there were no supply issues. I ordered a '19 JLR and it only took 11 days from order to me taking delivery. I was lucky the dealer I ordered from was a high volume Wrangler dealer that was within trucking distance from the factory. No wait for trucks to be filled or for train cars to be filled. Another forum member's Wrangler was built within days of mine but she lived out west in a small community. Her Wrangler sat at a shipping yard for months waiting for trucks and trains to be filled.

jimmym1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That looks like its just the increase from a 2021 build to 2022. Any info on an additional increase for November?
I’m wondering the same. Is this the increase that already came or is there another in November. I would really love to hold off in hopes of a new color, but also don’t want to push another 1K.

edit: I see it’s another actual increase. Yikes.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Koons_of_Tysons_Corner

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.koonsjeep.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Koons is still doing $7000 off on the Wrangler 392...

$10,000 off on TRX

6% Below on the rest of Jeep with the exception of 5% below on 4XE.

Happy Halloween!!

jimmym1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I was about to pull the trigger but I got this back from Ed Martin. Seems it doesn’t matter if you order now or later. Does Gupton do the same?

“There is a disclaimer from Chrysler that the price is subject to change. If the price changed between now and when it's scheduled for delivery, they can adjust that. You're % from us won't change, but if the MSRP increases, it would be a higher price.”

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
So I was about to pull the trigger but I got this back from Ed Martin. Seems it doesn’t matter if you order now or later. Does Gupton do the same?

“There is a disclaimer from Chrysler that the price is subject to change. If the price changed between now and when it's scheduled for delivery, they can adjust that. You're % from us won't change, but if the MSRP increases, it would be a higher price.”
It would not hurt to check with Gupton and other dealers.

The disclaimer might be recent? I thought I remembered the price being locked-in when I placed my last order for my '19 JLR? Different times and different dealer though.

foxredlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe

When I was checking prices with Gupton and Tri-City they both stated that sold orders are price protected at the time of order. I ordered from Tri-City a few days ago because I’m concerned the 4xe is about to have a price increase, and I wanted that price protection.

Sponsored

Koons_of_Tysons_Corner

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.koonsjeep.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Emailed a couple weeks ago and no response?
Please send to KoonsGroupBuy@gmail.com this is not something we were doing a couple weeks ago. If you send it to the email above I will personally make sure it's done for you.

Koons_of_Tysons_Corner

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.koonsjeep.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler

You should be price protected at the original price of the order when the order is placed.

RemisPaPa

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-350
Occupation
Retired Marine, DoD Civilian
Please send to KoonsGroupBuy@gmail.com this is not something we were doing a couple weeks ago. If you send it to the email above I will personally make sure it's done for you.
I just sent my PDF to you at the address you provided above. The link actually post a different one. Just wanted to make sure that it actually went to you.
Looking forward to hearing back from you.