JL Black Hole

mbe3945

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover LR4, BMW750LIX, Ram 2500 Limited
We went to two different dealers,no one could custom order a new JL for us..
Total “Deer In Headlights”
No pricing, No descriptions No clue
The only information they had was this site.
How is anyone placing orders without pricing or information?
Sponsored

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
We went to two different dealers,no one could custom order a new JL for us..
Total “Deer In Headlights”
No pricing, No descriptions No clue
The only information they had was this site.
How is anyone placing orders without pricing or information?
It's all based on the dealer. I'm in a different state and I called my home dealer first and they said they wasn't taking orders. I then went to the local dealer in my work area and they wasn't aware until they checked the system and saw they could order and that's when we sat there and orderd it.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
I told my dealer that you could order them...they reluctantly called their FCA rep and sure enough you could order. They were blown away that I knew from this forum and they had no idea!
FCA for whatever reason isn’t telling dealers yet. Good thing is if you go place an order you’ll be one of the first to get one most likely. Most dealers aren’t even aware yet which is good for our early orders!

Nos351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I tried this today with a dealer and was told it wasn’t available for ordering. He even sat me down in front of the computer to show me and mentioned his regional rep said it wasn’t available either. I’m in Florida if that makes a difference.

loco

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrangler 2dr sport S
I tried this today with a dealer and was told it wasn’t available for ordering. He even sat me down in front of the computer to show me and mentioned his regional rep said it wasn’t available either. I’m in Florida if that makes a difference.
I live in the panhandle of Florida. I just ordered a Sahara JL today. Don't waste time with that dealer go to another. I bet he wanted to sell you a 2017 JK to clear his 2017 inventory.

Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
I live in the panhandle of Florida. I just ordered a Sahara JL today. Don't waste time with that dealer go to another. I bet he wanted to sell you a 2017 JK to clear his 2017 inventory.
This is exactly what one dealer told me. He was a lifelong “Jeep fanatic” and the only minimal changes were the infotainment system so I should just go with a JK

loco

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrangler 2dr sport S
This is exactly what one dealer told me. He was a lifelong “Jeep fanatic” and the only minimal changes were the infotainment system so I should just go with a JK
I don't agree. For one thing the Jl has an 8 speed automatic. Also, the wheel base is either wider or longer. The reason they call the JL a re-design is because there are more enhancements than the JK. Extras like garage door opener, a small change in the body style and other changes. You should look at the 2018 JL owners and operators manual that is posted on this forum somewhere. That is where you can see the difference. I went thru this with my salesman. He said only minor changes and I ordered a JK 9/15. the 2 things that sold me on the JL was the 8 speed automatic and the 8.4 inch infotainment system. The deal I had with him was that if there was a JL version then he could sell the JK on his lot and order a JL which I did yesterday. Back in September these salesman might not have been lying , my salesman was just not informed as I have seen in a lot of post on this forum. Since 9/15 a lot more info has been revealed. My decision was simple. Why buy a 2018 JK when I could have bought a 2017 JK and got the same vehicle as the 2018 JK at a reduced price due to dealer wanting to clear their lots of the JK for the JL's. Not much difference in price between the 2018 JK and the 2018 JL.

Last edited:

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I would say he isn't up to speed on the JL.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
I don't agree. For one thing the Jl has an 8 speed automatic. Also, the wheel base is either wider or longer. The reason they call the JL a re-design is because there are more enhancements than the JK. Extras like garage door opener, a small change in the body style and other changes. You should look at the 2018 JL owners and operators manual that is posted on this forum somewhere. That is where you can see the difference. I went thru this with my salesman. He said only minor changes and I ordered a JK 9/15. the 2 things that sold me on the JL was the 8 speed automatic and the 8.4 inch infotainment system. The deal I had with him was that if there was a JL version then he could sell the JK on his lot and order a JL which I did yesterday. Back in September these salesman might not have been lying , my salesman was just not informed as I have seen in a lot of post on this forum. Since 9/15 a lot more info has been revealed. My decision was simple. Why buy a 2018 JK when I could have bought a 2017 JK and got the same vehicle as the 2018 JK at a reduced price due to dealer wanting to clear their lots of the JK for the JL's. Not much difference in price between the 2018 JK and the 2018 JL.
I don’t agree with that dealer at all, you don’t have to sell me on the JL...I already have one ordered. I was just saying that because most dealers have no clue. I called a different dealer and ordered mine over the phone in a few minutes!
Sponsored