Xtreme Recon spare tire stolen, but Not available to order replacement šŸ¤¬

Wheelin Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Xtreme Recon
My spare tire and wheel was stolen from my Jeep, had it less than a week. Called Jeep, who connected me with dealership who couldnā€™t find any part #ā€™s and was told by ā€œChryslerā€ this isnā€™t available until at least December but no eta.
So I spent $70k and canā€™t get a replacement wheel for at least a month or two? Thatā€™s ridiculous.
I ordered the Mopar bead lock wheel which looks in pictures and specs to be the same wheel but with a silver ring instead of blackā€¦ā€¦. Having a spare is a safety issue so I guess I have to take matters into my own hands again. Not impressed with the customer service after the last 4 vehicles Iā€™ve purchased (2 Ram trucks and 2 Jeepā€™s).
I may look at Ford trucks next and maybe the Bronco. I feel like Jeep has lost its way

F5C50872-2377-4AC5-82E6-6679FD652FF5.jpeg
Sponsored

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Why, because of parts availability? That's going on with all manufacturers right now. Had to wait 6 months for a factory windshield on a Chevy truck. Could've done aftermarket, but it was a warranty part. Another customer ordered a new Yukon XL Denali March of last year as a 21 model. Never got accepted and switched it to a 22 model. Finally got his Denali this week. If got a friend who ordered a new F250 and has waited 6 months for it. It's not Jeep or Ram or anyones fault with your wheels. Every company is having parts issues. They barely have enough to build them new much less have certain replacement parts. I guarantee they have a part number, and they just couldn't find it.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Wow, How do they build a vehicle and not have part #'s for replacement parts, I guarantee you they have a part# on the assembly line. This is like them changing the TPMS sensors mid year this year and using the same part#

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Here is the part number for those wheels. It's the one with the silver ring, but for whatever reason it's the same wheel. Just powder coat the ring black. 77072466AB

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wheelin Matt

Wheelin Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Xtreme Recon
Why, because of parts availability? That's going on with all manufacturers right now. Had to wait 6 months for a factory windshield on a Chevy truck. Could've done aftermarket, but it was a warranty part. Another customer ordered a new Yukon XL Denali March of last year as a 21 model. Never got accepted and switched it to a 22 model. Finally got his Denali this week. If got a friend who ordered a new F250 and has waited 6 months for it. It's not Jeep or Ram or anyones fault with your wheels. Every company is having parts issues. They barely have enough to build them new much less have certain replacement parts. I guarantee they have a part number, and they just couldn't find it.
If it was a regular Jeep there are tons of spares available. Itā€™s a new limited edition Jeep with unique wheels so not having anything available for customers is just lack of business planning ā€” has nothing to do with parts availability and vehicle order times has nothing to do with having wheels for a model vehicle that has been released. Obviously they have part numbers but those numbers arenā€™t in any dealership catalogs yetā€¦. Again, poor business practice

fourseasons1621

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16JK 21JLR 20FXLRS 21PanAmerica
Sorry to hear your wheel was stolen thats just messed up. On the bright side that worthless thief left ya the 4 to get around on!

OP
OP
Wheelin Matt

Wheelin Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Xtreme Recon
Here is the part number for those wheels. It's the one with the silver ring, but for whatever reason it's the same wheel. Just powder coat the ring black. 77072466AB
Actually this is the part number for the Xtreme Recon wheel:

04755621AA

I found it on one of my wheels. Like I mentioned above it does appear the wheel is the same except with silver rings so I already ordered it! Although the color might be slightly different (black versus gray) but I wonā€™t know for sure until it shows up next week.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I think the parts shortages might have something to do with it.

As far as Ford and the Bronco? I don't think Ford is any better. It's much worse if you use the Bronco as a case study.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
If it was a regular Jeep there are tons of spares available. Itā€™s a new limited edition Jeep with unique wheels so not having anything available for customers is just lack of business planning ā€” has nothing to do with parts availability and vehicle order times has nothing to do with having wheels for a model vehicle that has been released. Obviously they have part numbers but those numbers arenā€™t in any dealership catalogs yetā€¦. Again, poor business practice
This is not uncommon for any brand with a new model or product.

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Have fun with Ford and the Bronco. They have supply issues worse than wheels. 2.7 is blowing up left and right and the customers canā€™t get parts and in some cases new engine until mid December. This is affecting every automaker in the world. The supply chain in general right now is jacked up and will be for some time.

OP
OP
Wheelin Matt

Wheelin Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Xtreme Recon
To be clear Iā€™m not blaming anyone but the thief and myself for not parking in the garage! Iā€™m just saying Iā€™m disappointed in Jeep for not making an effort - if they would have told me ā€œwe can only get you the wheel with a silver ring, will that work?ā€, I would have been happier. I had to research and figure out and order on my own instead. Thatā€™s just poor customer service in my opinion. If you work for Jeep, you should know your Jeep stuff better than your customer!
Iā€™ve never owned a Ford and my last 4 vehicles have been FCA, might be time to try someone else and see if the customer experience is a little better šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø

I only bought this Jeep because I traded in a ā€˜21 JLUR Ecodiesel that was giving me problem after problem. I really like the JL and ride quality and capability but having two TJs with very few issues shows how much better they were in the past.

O)()()()()(O

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
My spare tire and wheel was stolen from my Jeep, had it less than a week. Called Jeep, who connected me with dealership who couldnā€™t find any part #ā€™s and was told by ā€œChryslerā€ this isnā€™t available until at least December but no eta.
So I spent $70k and canā€™t get a replacement wheel for at least a month or two? Thatā€™s ridiculous.
I ordered the Mopar bead lock wheel which looks in pictures and specs to be the same wheel but with a silver ring instead of blackā€¦ā€¦. Having a spare is a safety issue so I guess I have to take matters into my own hands again. Not impressed with the customer service after the last 4 vehicles Iā€™ve purchased (2 Ram trucks and 2 Jeepā€™s).
I may look at Ford trucks next and maybe the Bronco. I feel like Jeep has lost its way

Jeep Wrangler JL Xtreme Recon spare tire stolen, but Not available to order replacement šŸ¤¬ F5C50872-2377-4AC5-82E6-6679FD652FF5
Sorry for you loss. I hear you about the whole switching to Bronco and availability of recently released items. I wonder what would happen if you called a ford dealership to order a replacement wheel for the Badlands Edition. Any chance of receiving it in less time? I highly doubt it.
Sponsored