JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

blueweb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 TJ Rubicon, '22 4xe Rubicon
Two weeks ago I was doing the Jeep build creator for a 4xe and searched nearby dealerships to see if any one of them had the 4xe I wanted available. I found a dealership that has exactly the 4xe build I want. I contacted them and put a $500 deposit on it (10/11). They told me when I bought it, that it should arrive in two weeks. Well, it is still not delivered, and the dealership said that there is a delay in transit.

So I decided to use the Jeep Chat to see what information they can provide me. Jeep Chat told me this: "Shipping arrangements have not been completed yet but it should be leaving soon! I do not see a shipping ETA, I recommend contacting us in a week for a better update." Based on what Jeep Chat said, it counteracts what the dealership has been telling me, which is that it is already in transit. The dealership said last week that the Jeep is already in the main-hub railstation. So now, I don't know who to believe.

From the looks of things, I won't be getting the 4xe anytime soon. This sucks because I am about to lose out on $750 California's state tax incentive; it was originally at $1,500. "The California Clean Fuel Reward amount will change to a maximum of $750 on 11/2/21."

Advertisement

FailureCoach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Corvette ZR-1, 2002 Corvette Z06, 1972 GMC
5sbsbu.jpg

But seriously, I trust you've been monitoring every other automaker community forum for the past year to ascertain which is free of complaints.
I am sure no forum is free from complaints, but I can assure you that Ford(Friend of mine ordered a new Bronco, and even with delays they kept him informed every step) GM, well I can tell you my experience with a new Corvette order was nothing like this. Free of complaints? No, but not fed a ton of BS while watching other people get the same car delivered. This is a Chrysler/Jeep exclusivity that you get free of charge. But seriously, I could use some parts off of that Cherokee.lol

Shiner

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Latest update...

Ordered on 9/11

It hit the the railyard at Alliance north of Fort Worth here in Texas today... about 15 miles from me.

Hope to pick it up later this week..... pics to come. JeepGirl, my granite crystal metallic iRubicon s gonna give your snazzberry a run for its money!

Eandras

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler unlimited Sport S Black
I wish I could tell you. Typical time from order to dealer is 6-8 weeks

I have brought this to the attention of my dealer, as well as made a few phone calls to get in touch with someone who might be able to help, and no such luck. Not to be defeated, I spent my afternoon negotiating a deal on a new Bronco, will test drive this weekend. As far as escalating, nobody seems to care at Jeep, or at the dealer(I am just assuming they cannot do much) I have decided that I am going to take the stress out of it, and find something else to pick up for now. This is just a damn car.
If you escalated did you get a case number? If you did contact me in private message

Sponsored

blueweb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 TJ Rubicon, '22 4xe Rubicon
Did anyone pre-purchase their JL before it arrived at the dealership? Like signed all the paperwork and such beforehand.

RidgebackWrangler

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Prius LE, 2021 Toyota Prius Prime
I just saw a forum post about cancelled orders by jeep because someone claimed they are running out of parts not just chips. Has anyone on here heard this. I know this is one of the more viewed forum posts. I mean shit happens we cant control it. Its all out of our hands and jeep isn't doing this on purpose. I agree they probably do prioritize certain customers or dealerships that's just part of the auto market in general. I've never owned a Jeep my last 4x4 was a pretty nice Tacoma. I come home from work everyday and check my status its been pretty consistent with no movement. Gives me time to check other threads on here and read about what to do and what not to do. I can wait. I just want a quality built vehicle not some Toaster full of Lemons.

"It will get here when it gets here not a damn thing I can do about it!!"

CJMack

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wrangler 4xe, 17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Got it this afternoon!

Ordered 8-23
Vin. 8-25
D1 Status 9-13
Build Sheet 9-21
JS Status 9-29
Sticker 10-9
KZ-L Delay 10-11
Train 10-16, ETA of 10-26 to 11-4
Train Arrived at Rail Yard 10-25
Arrived at Dealer 10-29

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 1635561591910

Sponsored

FailureCoach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Corvette ZR-1, 2002 Corvette Z06, 1972 GMC
If you escalated did you get a case number? If you did contact me in private message
I never received a case number, but apparently I did not escalate it to the proper person. JC, and Jeep in general do not care, I went through this on my last Jeep, the whole organization does not care.

Dana1978

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Has anyone actually had their jeep show up before the estimated delivery date lately?

I just received a "Jeff email" stating 11/10 - 11/24 for estimated delivery window...seems kind of long for 10/26 ship date to Atlanta.
I had an original est delivery date of Oct 23rd. It arrived at the dealership on Oct 20th. But I think I am one of the more fortunate ones. I hope you get it real soon.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
I never received a case number, but apparently I did not escalate it to the proper person. JC, and Jeep in general do not care, I went through this on my last Jeep, the whole organization does not care.
Your forums name is perfect(ly sardonic) for these posts. :angel:

Taking the "ethically neutral" interpretation of your post, is there a reason not to escalate? Being the experienced expert here, when would you recommend escalation in the current environment?

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
I'm kinda sad I can't produce any of last year's reports to see what patterns, if any, are relevant for these orders. The very slow orders were generally no different than a "normal order", but seeing parts arrival waves and aftermarket delays was fairly easy. Let me reopen a chat with Yakpimp to see if I can assist in any way with the new system starting with the 2022s.

Dana1978

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I think they mistakenly gave you my jeep. lol
Big question did the all weather mate come with it, or were yours deleted?
so can't wait to get my Willys.

Gravy
They did not. :( but my husband had already ordered them and they came in the mail on Thursday, the same day I pick her up. I too was wondering if the floor mats would get deleted. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Advertisement

Advertisement