JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

FailureCoach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Corvette ZR-1, 2002 Corvette Z06, 1972 GMC
But why the hell would they? Jeep has no real competition. People are willing to wait forever to get one. Losing a handful of customers is costing them less than setting up some elaborate tracking system. Just part of the deal. You gotta suck it up.
Not even remotely expensive, and you are thinking Wrangler, I am thinking Jeep as a brand, they have plenty of competition. This is not my first Jeep order, or my first Wrangler order, things have never been this bad. Again, I have no problem waiting, or sucking it up, as you put it. But I do not want to be lied to.

Advertisement

VulcanReb662

First Name
Blaise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0 Sting Gray
Order 10/7
VIN 10/12
estimated ship date (10/26) 10/19
Build sheet from link 10/28
Dealer contacted me right after I found the build sheet this morning (not on crypto yet) and he said that it was finished and waiting to be shipped! I knew crypto was behind but I didn't know if the links were. Now its just the waiting game to see how long it takes for it to find a carrier down to the south Mississippi. Do yall know if these smaller dealers in the SE piggy back off of Gupton's and Florida dealer's high sales with shipping, or if they really just take a really long time mostly to get to those smaller areas?
Just got the window sticker! 10/29

Rnkinley1

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Overland, Sahara Hi Altitude
I ordered my Sahara High Altitude 9-4-21. I haven't seen anything in the tracking so I called the dealer and he said is is in D status. The tracking doesn't show anything past the initial tracking. How long am I looking at?

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Im really getting fed up watching all the folks receive their jeeps that ordered in August or September. What about the the people who ordered in June and july?....I guess they forgot about us......bullshit
Right there with you, ordered 7/14, but my wait is coming to an end soon as my jeep is supposedly on its last leg of the shipping journey.

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
Ordered 10/2, all parts gathered as of this week. We’ll see when build is schedule, I’m told by Jeep chat to check in on Monday again.

Sponsored

ice_dawg

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2dr Sting-gray Rubicon
Not even remotely expensive, and you are thinking Wrangler, I am thinking Jeep as a brand, they have plenty of competition. This is not my first Jeep order, or my first Wrangler order, things have never been this bad. Again, I have no problem waiting, or sucking it up, as you put it. But I do not want to be lied to.
I'll admit I don't really know what I'm talking about when it comes to other Jeep products, but can't you pretty much get whatever you want off the lot for other stuff? Seems like it effects Wrangler orders a lot more.

docmac

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 4xe
No The build sheet was available when the vehicle went to D1

https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=

The window sticker is generated and posted when the vehicle moves into shipping status

https://www.jeep.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=
Thanks for posting this. Cryptostickers still does not even show my order in build, but I know from Jeep Chat that it shipped 3 days ago. However, I was able to get the window sticker (with the build info, of course) from the second link you posted.

Gravytheclown

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Willys
Happy days are here. I just got an email "Your VIN tracking info has changed!". There is a build sheet now.
Cool beans, I also just ordered my Rubicon front steel bumper for it too. So maybe I'm on the 8 week plan and half way through.

Gravy

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
Im really getting fed up watching all the folks receive their jeeps that ordered in August or September. What about the the people who ordered in June and july?....I guess they forgot about us......bullshit
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 5sbrpk

Eandras

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler unlimited Sport S Black
I am almost right there with you as far as selling. I try to remain positive, but when you watch orders after yours be delivered, and almost identical builds, it says they truly do not care about their customers. They cite supply chain issues, but that idea holds water about as good as a strainer. There are a lot of worse issues to have in life, this is just an irritation.
Have either of you escalated your issue? Are you just dealing with Jeep Chat?

Sponsored

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
As soon as I get this jeep I will sell at a nice tidy profit and go with a brand that cares about their customers. .....seriously
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 5sbsbu

But seriously, I trust you've been monitoring every other automaker community forum for the past year to ascertain which is free of complaints.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I think the most amazing thing to me has been the lack of awareness we as customers have.
I don't understand how an automated system doesn't exist that allows you to see every step your Jeep takes. Sure with shipping it might be difficult because they aren't Stellantis/FCA trucks/trains. But for build? You should.
I take it you've never sent a kid to college.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
:crying: if you're still waiting. I can provide sympathy and even a bit of empathy; waiting for twelve weeks was rough. Otherwise find a forum friend and get rides until your Jeep arrives! :idea:

This isn't the meme thread but I'll drop in one more Jeep to help you through the weekend (and if you've peeved that I'd mess up the thread, there's a report button below if you hate my posts).
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 5sbs2o

FailureCoach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Corvette ZR-1, 2002 Corvette Z06, 1972 GMC
I ordered my Sahara High Altitude 9-4-21. I haven't seen anything in the tracking so I called the dealer and he said is is in D status. The tracking doesn't show anything past the initial tracking. How long am I looking at?
I wish I could tell you. Typical time from order to dealer is 6-8 weeks
Have either of you escalated your issue? Are you just dealing with Jeep Chat?
I have brought this to the attention of my dealer, as well as made a few phone calls to get in touch with someone who might be able to help, and no such luck. Not to be defeated, I spent my afternoon negotiating a deal on a new Bronco, will test drive this weekend. As far as escalating, nobody seems to care at Jeep, or at the dealer(I am just assuming they cannot do much) I have decided that I am going to take the stress out of it, and find something else to pick up for now. This is just a damn car.

Advertisement

Advertisement