Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

:LOL: I laughed so hard, almost spit out my freshly pressed coffee onto my photoshop screen! Just need a manbun now.
I too have a problem with third wave coffee. Avocado toast be damned, I’m going broke on fresh roasted single origin light roast 🤣
Sponsored

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
:LOL: I laughed so hard, almost spit out my freshly pressed coffee onto my photoshop screen! Just need a manbun now.
I too have a problem with third wave coffee. Avocado toast be damned, I’m going broke on fresh roasted single origin light roast 🤣
You guys need to trade in for Toyotas, you'll fit right in. Actually, I think Broncos and Gladiators are the future of hipster brovet glamping rigs, so if you want to be on the cutting edge, grab your overpriced designer flannel and camping bidets, and order one of those instead :CWL:

I can almost smell the responsibly-sourced-direct-trade-single-origin-organic-lightly-roasted-to-order-artisanal-coffee brewing in the cool mountain air 1/4 mile off the interstate now. :movember:

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread 1635525422834

All jokes aside... actually I'm not joking. If you're not drinking campfire coffee from a perc off an open fire you're wrong. :captain:

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

You guys need to trade in for Toyotas, you'll fit right in. Actually, I think Broncos and Gladiators are the future of hipster brovet glamping rigs, so if you want to be on the cutting edge, grab your overpriced designer flannel and camping bidets, and order one of those instead :CWL:

I can almost smell the responsibly-sourced-direct-trade-single-origin-organic-lightly-roasted-to-order-artisanal-coffee brewing in the cool mountain air 1/4 mile off the interstate now. :movember:

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread 1635525422834

All jokes aside... actually I'm not joking. If you're not drinking campfire coffee from a perc off an open fire you're wrong. :captain:
*Sips aeropress coffee from yeti mug while wearing Dixon flannel*

Thane

First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURXR, 10 FJ Cruiser
... you guys let other people roast your responsibly sourced coffee?

I only order green beans from a Frisco based importer that vets the growers prior to import, then I do an 1 lb artisanal light roast using a fluid air bed roaster under constant visual inspection. Grind using an oversized burr grinder and brew with a vintage E61 brew group head using a VST laser cut portafilter basket... throw away any beans over 2 weeks post roast...

... cursed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I only order green beans from a Frisco based importer that vets the growers prior to import, then I do an 1 lb artisanal light roast using a fluid air bed roaster under constant visual inspection. Grind using an oversized burr grinder and brew with a vintage E61 brew group head using a VST laser cut portafilter basket... throw away any beans over 2 weeks post roast...

... cursed.
All hail 🙌

🤣🤣 legit though, they degrade quick.

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

... cursed.
I don't know what's more impressive... what you just said, or the fact that I'm so basic that I have no idea what you just said means.

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The last AAL drawer showed up today!

I got it installed and… it doesn’t fit 😐

I’m waiting for AAL to get back with me with a solution. I checked with them before ordering but it seems it may be a problem unique to the 2021? It is sooo close but it tags the rear corner of the drawer and won’t let the rear seat latch in place. You can see the drivers side sitting against the rounded corner on the CFX3 45

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread EE4826CD-9D19-4BBD-AD78-A573464A800E

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread 724DC5B9-D56F-4E8B-A18E-AC77B1B8801C

Speaking of the Dometic, it’s been running for 3 weeks straight. The Genesis Off-Road dual battery kit has done a great job keeping it powered up. My wife daily’s the Jeep, and usually puts on less than a mile per day. I was concerned about the battery charging, but it seems the short trips we take every week (dinner, groceries, sunset drive with the dogs, etc) do a fine job topping the batteries off. It’s been averaging <0.5 AH/hour while keeping the fridge 34*

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread 29BD3785-CDE7-49FD-89F3-BAAF569A4D14

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Say it ain't so...DIXXON's are hipster wear now?! Always have at least two in my saddlebags!
👊✊ I love my Dixxons. I don’t think they’re hipster, but they’re the best flannels hands down.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
One step at a time for me. I just got over the "2 doors = real Jeeps" phase. I'm trying to embrace this new found room and wheelbase. So far I'm pretty happy with the extra room. Although sleeping on the ground does get old. I may eventually fall victim to the roof top tent craze. I like the idea of sleeping off the ground, but I'm not thrilled about having that much weight up that high when playing on tippy trails. The gear bug has it's claws into me pretty deep though, it could definitely happen.

Sounds like y'all get out quite a bit, I can see the appeal of having a trailer with all the comforts of home. It sure sounds like a nice way to camp.
It is.

No way is it for overlanding or actual trails, but for Idaho (my locale) there's no real multi-day rides. It's:
  • 1-8 hours from home
  • Set up camp
  • Several days camping, fishing, shooting, trail riding
  • Pack up and head home

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know what's more impressive... what you just said, or the fact that I'm so basic that I have no idea what you just said means.
+1

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We have an Avenger 16RD that is great for those trips. Mileage suffers greatly, and I do 45mph up long hills due to temps, but once we're there, it's great. Rear dinette is like a couch, huge windows to take it all in, bathroom for the girls, heat.

And a reasonable measure of safety.
Sponsored