JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Dana1978

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Curious question, for those of you who received cryptosticker update emails and were told by Jeep Chat you were in shipping, was your jeep already on the lot by this time? What was your experience?

Getting a little overjoyed but trying to temper expectations.
For me, JC told me mine had shipped and ltr that day my dealer sent me a pic saying it just arrived on the lot. However, my dealer is only about 45min north of Toledo. If I remember right, crypto showed the build sheet as found that same day and the window sticker the next day. Good luck!

Advertisement

DontCallMeRubi

First Name
DR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Corvette Z06
Did your dealer provide you with the location updates of the jeep?
Brian is one of the good guys...when I ordered the Jeep, I asked him to keep me posted re the important waypoints...I was a day ahead of him re the build sheet and window sticker (not a big deal in my opinion-after all, he has a lot of other clients) and I did not have to prompt him at all for any progress updates...I am totally happy with his work, he has been at it a long time.

DontCallMeRubi

First Name
DR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Corvette Z06
Just another two cents to add to the pile...IMO the only person who really knows when the Jeep will arrive at the dealer is the truck driver hauling them from the rail yard to out yonder...and if you can find one, the driver probably ain't talking...in my case, Dontcallmerubi sat in the Mira Loma yard for 14 or so days waiting for the nice driver to get a move on...patience to all and to all a good night!

Sponsored

FailureCoach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Corvette ZR-1, 2002 Corvette Z06, 1972 GMC
As soon as I get this jeep I will sell at a nice tidy profit and go with a brand that cares about their customers. .....seriously
I am almost right there with you as far as selling. I try to remain positive, but when you watch orders after yours be delivered, and almost identical builds, it says they truly do not care about their customers. They cite supply chain issues, but that idea holds water about as good as a strainer. There are a lot of worse issues to have in life, this is just an irritation.

Gravytheclown

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Willys
I FINALLY got her!! Ordered 9/10 & arrived at the dealership on 10/20, it basically took 6wks. Just picked her up today. I am in TOTAL LOVE!!♥♥
20211028_184417.jpg

IMG_2810.jpg
20211028_182848.jpg
I think they mistakenly gave you my jeep. lol
Big question did the all weather mate come with it, or were yours deleted?
so can't wait to get my Willys.

Gravy

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
Just another two cents to add to the pile...IMO the only person who really knows when the Jeep will arrive at the dealer is the truck driver hauling them from the rail yard to out yonder...and if you can find one, the driver probably ain't talking...in my case, Dontcallmerubi sat in the Mira Loma yard for 14 or so days waiting for the nice driver to get a move on...patience to all and to all a good night!
Yes and no. Mine sat at the storage lot 2 weeks and I finally bitched to the right person who had the sales manger call the rail yard manager and be sure it was on the Monday morning truck. So when they tell you they have nothing to do with it getting there that’s not 100% true.

As soon as I get this jeep I will sell at a nice tidy profit and go with a brand that cares about their customers. .....seriously
When you find one, let us all know.

I get you’re frustrated, I’d be through the roof if it were me, but unless you go Ferrari, you’re getting dicked around by everyone.

FirmButSoft

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Yes and no. Mine sat at the storage lot 2 weeks and I finally bitched to the right person who had the sales manger call the rail yard manager and be sure it was on the Monday morning truck. So when they tell you they have nothing to do with it getting there that’s not 100% true.

I get you’re frustrated, I’d be through the roof if it were me, but unless you go Ferrari, you’re getting dicked around by everyone.
I think the most amazing thing to me has been the lack of awareness we as customers have.
I don't understand how an automated system doesn't exist that allows you to see every step your Jeep takes. Sure with shipping it might be difficult because they aren't Stellantis/FCA trucks/trains. But for build? You should.

dnewer

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Car.. Waiting on my New Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Here is how it went for me. I do find it interesting that many other orders that came before mine are still waiting on build process and/or shipping.

Planning to fly from Washington State to Des Moines IA Nov 3rd and drive home.

9/9/21
Ordered Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

9/27/21
JC
(All materials are available and the build will start soon.) No ETA for delivery to Dealer.

10/1/21
JC
Thank you so much for holding. I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process shortly.

10/8/21
JC
Thank you for waiting. The Jeep is in the scheduling stage with all parts gathered and it's waiting to move into the build process. At this time we do not have an estimate for when the build will begin. I'd recommend contacting back in two to three weeks for a new update check, but we are available 24/7 if you do want to contact back sooner. With a new vehicle order, from when the order is placed to when it arrives at the dealer can take 8 to 10 weeks provided there are no major delays.

10/11/21 (Received email from [email protected] that my VIN tracking has changed)
JC
Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle is in the shipping stage however a Dealer ETA has not been provided. It will remain in this stage until delivered to the Dealer.

10/13/21
JC
I can see your order has been released from the factory and was approved for shipping. Shipping arrangements have not been completed yet but it should be leaving soon! We do still have the ETA window of last week, I will check a second data base.

I checked my second Data base and the only thing I can recommend is contact us again in a week, I don't see details of the delay cause, but is definitely not ready, yet/

10/22/21
JC
Congratulations on your new vehicle purchase and thank you for choosing Jeep! The WRANGLER RUBICON UNLIMITED is a fantastic choice

Please allow me a brief moment and I will be back with your new vehicle order update. While I am researching this information, would you please provide me with your address complete with Zip Code
Vehicle is in the shipping stage. Current Dealer ETA window is 10/25/2021 - 11/01/2021

10/27/21
JC
Congratulations on your new vehicle purchase! I can absolutely look into this here for you. Please allow me a brief moment and I will be back with your new vehicle order update.

Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle is in the shipping stage. Current Dealer ETA is 10/27/2021 - 10/29/2021

10/28/2021
Granger Motors called and Jeep is at the dealership!

10/29/2021
Travel plans set for pickup Nov 3rd

Sponsored

FailureCoach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Corvette ZR-1, 2002 Corvette Z06, 1972 GMC

I will disagree. Ford does not seem to handle their orders in the same manner, neither does GM, JC is worse than an automated customer service system from a cell phone carrier. Stock orders with GM are subject to dealers getting preferential treatment, but not customer orders. You will not see two Corvettes ordered months apart, or weeks apart being delivered with the latest order first. (That is of course barring an issue with a particular option availability) Could be the fact that Ford, and GM are more organized, or it could be the fact that Chrysler has been sold over, and over again in the past few years. I love my Jeeps, and I do not mind waiting, but at least provide good communication, and do not overpromise, and do not lie to me. Is it really too much to ask?

VulcanReb662

First Name
Blaise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0 Sting Gray
I think the most amazing thing to me has been the lack of awareness we as customers have.
I don't understand how an automated system doesn't exist that allows you to see every step your Jeep takes. Sure with shipping it might be difficult because they aren't Stellantis/FCA trucks/trains. But for build? You should.
For real. When Amazon can put a tracker on their driver and you can watch your order arrive from the time it is shipped, Jeep should have something to track their vehicles. There has to be a way they can at least set up check points for us or communicate directly. Plus transparency will free up their Jeep chat system for problems and not just tracking.

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model Y, Gladiator
my 9/4 ordered 4xe Rubicon is on a truck and should arrive at Mall of Georgia CDJR today or tomorrow. Gonna have to wait till next weekend to grab it but its been really easy working with Mike to order it and get updates on where its at.

ice_dawg

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2dr Sting-gray Rubicon
I will disagree. Ford does not seem to handle their orders in the same manner, neither does GM, JC is worse than an automated customer service system from a cell phone carrier. Stock orders with GM are subject to dealers getting preferential treatment, but not customer orders. You will not see two Corvettes ordered months apart, or weeks apart being delivered with the latest order first. (That is of course barring an issue with a particular option availability) Could be the fact that Ford, and GM are more organized, or it could be the fact that Chrysler has been sold over, and over again in the past few years. I love my Jeeps, and I do not mind waiting, but at least provide good communication, and do not overpromise, and do not lie to me. Is it really too much to ask?
But why the hell would they? Jeep has no real competition. People are willing to wait forever to get one. Losing a handful of customers is costing them less than setting up some elaborate tracking system. Just part of the deal. You gotta suck it up.

Advertisement

Advertisement