Sponsored

Anyone running 37s on stock Rubicon wheels?

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Also, did y’all regear or stick with 4.10?
Still 4.10's here. I tend to drive in the mid to high 80's on road trips. Lower gears would only hurt fuel economy at speed. Our 4.7-1 1st gear is plenty low enough for crawling and hard take offs from lights/stop signs if so inclined.

safety_glasses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Still 4.10's here. I tend to drive in the mid to high 80's on road trips. Lower gears would only hurt fuel economy at speed. Our 4.7-1 1st gear is plenty low enough for crawling and hard take offs from lights/stop signs if so inclined.
Do you have a lift? What's your experience with your tires so far? I'm in an '18 JLUR 6-spd and my stock BFGs are getting close to the indicator marker. I'm 95% going to go with BFG 37s on the stock wheels with no lift until I get the Mopar lift (no crawling here).

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Do you have a lift? What's your experience with your tires so far? I'm in an '18 JLUR 6-spd and my stock BFGs are getting close to the indicator marker. I'm 95% going to go with BFG 37s on the stock wheels with no lift until I get the Mopar lift (no crawling here).
2.5" lift spacer kit with extended bump stops. The rear tires rubbed the lower portion of the fender liner at the small hump, removed the piece at the bumper and trimmed the hump off. We've had probably a dozen wheeling trips and 15k miles on the 37's without an issue. I rotate all 5 every 3-5k miles and they are wearing evenly and likely have another 15-20k miles left in them. 30-40k miles out of a very aggressive MT is not bad in my opinion. We will likely go to 40's when these are worn out.

Off-Road Toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2dr ; 2019 Winnebago Navion
What air pressure are you guys running with 37’s on stock Rubicon rims? Specifically need to know for 37x12.5 Bfg ko2’s.

My tread looks a bit rounded due to the slightly narrow stock rim at 37psi.

I heard about a chalk test but don’t really know how to do it.

Thanks for any tips.

Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have an 18 JLUR 6 speed. About 20k miles on 37" KO2s. No lift but I do have 1.5" wheel spacers. I run 25 to 28 psi and it drives and handles great, no complaints.

Air down to low teens and I feel these KO2s can hang with most any tire off-road while still being completely streetable

Dfideth

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6 Sarge
Occupation
Crane Tech
I run 28psi generally, but if i'm making a long haul, I will bump it up to 32psi for better mpg and 8th speed on my stock gears.
37" yokohamas

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I run 28psi generally, but if i'm making a long haul, I will bump it up to 32psi for better mpg and 8th speed on my stock gears.
37" yokohamas
I find 30psi+ on my KO2s make them wander at speed. Every tire is a bit different, good to know you can run those pressures on Yokos

Off-Road Toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What air pressure are you guys running with 37’s on stock Rubicon rims? Specifically need to know for 37x12.5 Bfg ko2’s.

My tread looks a bit rounded due to the slightly narrow stock rim at 37psi.

I heard about a chalk test but don’t really know how to do it.

Thanks for any tips.
Thanks for the replies!
Anyone else?

I came back from the dealership at highway speed on 37” BFG Ko2s (set at 37 psi) and frankly I thought it drove better than on the 35 inch KO2s at same pressure :/
But I do notice some crown on the 37s which is why I’m concerned.

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (BROKE BEAST) 37s/4.5in lift
Occupation
The one that pays for the Jeep mods and occasionally the bills 😉
I run 37s with a 4.5in lift with 1.25in spacers on the stock JLUR wheels. My tires are Toyo M/T with 40 psi. Have not regeared. No issues. Runs smoother, quicker than my JKU did with 35s, 3.5in lift, 1.25in spacers with a psi of 35 that was regeared to 4.56. l am very pleased.

Sponsored

dam_jlu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU String Gray
I run 37s with a 4.5in lift with 1.25in spacers on the stock JLUR wheels. My tires are Toyo M/T with 40 psi. Have not regeared. No issues. Runs smoother, quicker than my JKU did with 35s, 3.5in lift, 1.25in spacers with a psi of 35 that was regeared to 4.56. l am very pleased.
Question about your wheel spacers: did you have to trim the studs to fit the spacers?

Off-Road Toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the replies!
Anyone else?

I came back from the dealership at highway speed on 37” BFG Ko2s (set at 37 psi) and frankly I thought it drove better than on the 35 inch KO2s at same pressure :/
But I do notice some crown on the 37s which is why I’m concerned.
Just a follow-up to my earlier posts and questions :
I am now running 28 psi (and considering dropping to 26) for daily driving with 37 bfg’s on stock Rubicon rims and a 2 inch lift. Rides and runs great.

I’ve been airing down to 18 psi for my off roading but I’m considering dropping to 16psi for a trip to Moab this weekend !!!

I’d like to know if I can air down even further??? No bead locks so a bit nervous to go lower than 16…

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I am now running 28 psi (and considering dropping to 26) for daily driving with 37 bfg’s on stock Rubicon rims and a 2 inch lift. Rides and runs great.

I’ve been airing down to 18 psi for my off roading but I’m considering dropping to 16psi for a trip to Moab this weekend !!!

I’d like to know if I can air down even further??? No bead locks so a bit nervous to go lower than 16…
I run 26-ish psi on street with my 37" KO2s no problem and 14 on the trail without issue. But I wheel with a wife and 3 kids so I'm driving conservatively and definitely not using excess throttle

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur

I usually air down to 15 on 37” Yokohama x-mt’s and have been known to hit freeway speeds in the dirt. Low speeds in the rocks where they are pushing against the sidewalls are the only place I’ve ever lost a bead in 25 years and that was running 10psi or less.