Hydro Blue Family Wheeler

Solo25

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD, 22 JLUR4XE ON ORDER
I got 4/5 of the wheels mounted today. Still waiting on dirty life to send the 5th. The front bumper shipped out Thursday so it should arrive soon. Loving the new look and it still drives great. Looking forward to the first long highway haul to figure out how much the 37s affected the MPG. Hoping for high teens combined.

Before:
Jeep Wrangler JL Hydro Blue Family Wheeler 20210814_102849

After:
You running full beadlock or the simulated rings? I found that Jeephut has the wheels for the best price and NTW has the rings for almost half of what everywhere else is selling. Ill be ordering mine in the next couple of weeks just need Jeep to show up so I can sell the stock wheels lol.

OP
OP
Alex01

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
You running full beadlock or the simulated rings? I found that Jeephut has the wheels for the best price and NTW has the rings for almost half of what everywhere else is selling. Ill be ordering mine in the next couple of weeks just need Jeep to show up so I can sell the stock wheels lol.
They are in the simulated mode now. I went with the Dirty Life though because they can be converted down the road easily with a new ring. For now I don't want to run a true BL since it's the wife's daily and checking the bolts every 500-1,000 miles doesn't seem fun. Much easier on my TJ that goes 2,000 miles on a good year. The JL is around 1,300 miles a month.

OP
OP
Alex01

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Update on fuel mileage. The jeep is averaging 20.5 mpg. My wife treats the gas peddle as an on off switch so most would likely have a higher result.

The rear poison spyder bumper arrived. The box was broken open and all the hardware was missing. After calling PS they sent out the hardware and I was able to get it installed. Since I have no plan on using the optional swing carrier I used a hole saw to make a 2.5" steel plug and welded it up. I then used that location to mount an air coupler for the dual arb in the cargo cubby in the trunk.

The spare tires rim should arrive Monday so it'll finally have a matching spare by the end of the week.

Jeep Wrangler JL Hydro Blue Family Wheeler 20210819_070110
Jeep Wrangler JL Hydro Blue Family Wheeler 20210819_190436
Jeep Wrangler JL Hydro Blue Family Wheeler 20210820_210812

OP
OP
Alex01

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Finally got the spare tire on in addition to a terraflex alpha carrier. I was very impressed with the build quality of the terraflex.

Jeep Wrangler JL Hydro Blue Family Wheeler 20210825_105251

Sponsored

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I’m looking into the TF bracket as well. Is it fairly easy process to get the tire on and off?
Jeep is looking great btw!

OP
OP
Alex01

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I’m looking into the TF bracket as well. Is it fairly easy process to get the tire on and off?
Jeep is looking great btw!
Very easy. The only extra step would be to take the third brake light off which is on a very simple quick release lever. The same kind you'd find on a bike wheel. You can't go wrong with that carrier imo. It looks like they put a lot of time, effort, and engineering into the design. Next step for me will be to add the extra support brace since the tire/wheel combo we have is right on the edge of the weight limit.

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Awesome! Thanks for the response! I’ll probably be ordering it soon then get the support later on as well.

OP
OP
Alex01

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Finally finished up the outboard front shocks for the MC lift, was waiting on the new wheels at the time, and added the rear bumps. I was lazy and didn't want to pull the springs to cycle so I drove up on the 35" TJ wheel. Unfortunately I didn't get the rubber bump stop to compress. Clearly I need bigger tires on the TJ.
Jeep Wrangler JL Hydro Blue Family Wheeler 20210826_121743
Jeep Wrangler JL Hydro Blue Family Wheeler 20210826_121824

Sponsored

OP
OP
Alex01

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Took about 80 days but the Next Venture aluminum skids showed up today. (Given the weight and quality I feel it was worth the wait) I'm excited to get started installing them. Hopefully next week some time.
Jeep Wrangler JL Hydro Blue Family Wheeler 20211027_155626

Battle Rattle

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 LJ, '19 JLUR 2.0, '20 JLR 3.6, '99 LC100
Took about 80 days but the Next Venture aluminum skids showed up today. (Given the weight and quality I feel it was worth the wait) I'm excited to get started installing them. Hopefully next week some time.
Jeep Wrangler JL Hydro Blue Family Wheeler 20211027_155626
Thank you for the kind words! Your rig looks great and we cant wait to see the skids installed.

-Hunter @ Next Venture Motorsports

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
Awesome!! I ordered my first Jeep, a '22 JLUR in Hydro Blue as well. I thought that the 10.8" would be fine. I have 10" on my Outback and the reason I'm getting something different is for the 4WD Lo, that's been the problem I've encountered. Time is moving too slow and my wife is getting annoyed with me asking 5 times a day, "is my Jeep done yet?" :D

I'm going to keep looking at others who have lifts and 37s and think mine looks silly. hah Wife is already mad because she knows I want to order Jeep parts and she wants me to finish the basement.

OP
OP
Alex01

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Awesome!! I ordered my first Jeep, a '22 JLUR in Hydro Blue as well. I thought that the 10.8" would be fine. I have 10" on my Outback and the reason I'm getting something different is for the 4WD Lo, that's been the problem I've encountered. Time is moving too slow and my wife is getting annoyed with me asking 5 times a day, "is my Jeep done yet?" :D

I'm going to keep looking at others who have lifts and 37s and think mine looks silly. hah Wife is already mad because she knows I want to order Jeep parts and she wants me to finish the basement.
It's hard not to keep building. The goal with this one is to be able to take it on the rubicon and other local trails with the kids. For the tougher stuff I have the TJ.

Thank you for the kind words! Your rig looks great and we cant wait to see the skids installed.

-Hunter @ Next Venture Motorsports
Credit due where credit deserved. I got all the skids on today but the rear DEF. The fit and finish was amazing. You guys make an amazing product. The only thing I had to do was grind a hair of material off the oil pan skid where it attaches to the cross member. It was incredibly minimal though and took less than 10 seconds with the grinder.

I'm incredibly happy with the skids and can't wait to drop them on some rocks. I'll definitely be placing an order of the diff skids/covers in the future.

Jeep Wrangler JL Hydro Blue Family Wheeler 20211101_162503
Jeep Wrangler JL Hydro Blue Family Wheeler 20211101_152007

I'll get some better photos later since it started raining as I was finishing up.

OP
OP
Alex01

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I finished up the rear. Since I have the 2.5" MC lift I cut the poly spacers MC provided with the lift to make up for the brackets NV sent with the kit. Another off directions modification I did in the rear was to drill and tap the poison spyder rear bumper for the rear bolts instead of using the provided hardware. As far as ease of installation I'd rate it a easy/moderate job. All in all I probably spent about 6-7 hrs on it today a few of which the kids were running around the garage.

Jeep Wrangler JL Hydro Blue Family Wheeler 20211101_212500

@Battle Rattle please tell Casey thank you for being so helpful during the whole process. His timely responses and notes about the installtion where incredibly helpful.
Sponsored