JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

FailureCoach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Corvette ZR-1, 2002 Corvette Z06, 1972 GMC
YES!! Happy that others are getting their rides:) LOVE ALL THE PICS TOO!!! I too work in an Industry that has supply issues, but when we are told delivery time frames, usually they are spot-on and if not, we get a follow-up call. I agree with the Higher ticket builds being priority too. HOWEVER.. if a dealer is going to get anything for sales, I would think they would push to get information for whatever is on their order docket to keep customer relations in good standing. I have called three times to find out how much longer, and I get nowhere.
I agree, our supplier is on strike, and I get better information than Jeep gives out. This is not how it has always been, this is ass far as I can tell a Stellantis thing. I have ordered Jeeps in he past, and never encountered these issues, yet I also understand we are in different times. As for my build, I ordered a JLUR with XR package, and enough options to hit $62k, not as expensive as some builds, so higher priced doesn't seem to matter. My friend ordered her 392 XR a week after me, she is in the same boat, D1 with a shipping ETA that was pushed back 3 times. Who knows, I'm just along for the ride.
In your case I would contact the sales manager for an update.

Advertisement

Shasha's Willy

First Name
Sherrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano, Ford F150
11 weeks and counting....... 32 yrs waiting....

2021 Sport Unlimited Hardtop
Auto V6 3.6L
Snazzberry - hence he will be Willy the Wrangler as Willy Wonka
Technology Group
Safety group
Cold Weather Group
Convenience Group
8/9 Ordered
8/17 Vin
Waiting for parts
10/22 Scheduled build

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Yeah.... I'd consider canceling as well if that were me. I've been lucky so far. And some have gotten theirs even faster that mine has progressed. Although it does seem for every one that takes 8 weeks to deliver, there's another that takes 18. My dealer said 6-8 weeks so I may just hit the tail end of that... But we'll see. I don't have it yet.

It does also seem that there's some unwritten priority on the builds.... something along the lines of 392s>4XE>Rubicons>everything else.... and 4 doors > 2 doors. Basically, higher margin vehicles get priority.
My 2 door Sport S was built in 6 weeks. Should be at the dealer next week.

FirmButSoft

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Curious question, for those of you who received cryptosticker update emails and were told by Jeep Chat you were in shipping, was your jeep already on the lot by this time? What was your experience?

Getting a little overjoyed but trying to temper expectations.

badgerridge719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Curious question, for those of you who received cryptosticker update emails and were told by Jeep Chat you were in shipping, was your jeep already on the lot by this time? What was your experience?

Getting a little overjoyed but trying to temper expectations.
No, that just means it's built.

Honestly shipping ETAs can vary depending on whether your vehicle is going by rail or truck directly to the dealer.

Window sticker popping up on crypto just means it's built. It isn't a reliable indicator of shipping status.

Sponsored

FirmButSoft

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
No, that just means it's built.

Honestly shipping ETAs can vary depending on whether your vehicle is going by rail or truck directly to the dealer.

Window sticker popping up on crypto just means it's built. It isn't a reliable indicator of shipping status.
Yeah, I've just seen a few on here where their Wrangler was on the lot even though they were told it was in shipping by Jeep Chat. Was just curious how common that was.

fromGtoJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37s Sedan 6MT 2021 JLRU 6MT Hydro Blue (ordered)
Stuck in shipping purgatory.....

8/24 - Order
8/24 - VON
8/27 - VIN
9/27 - D1 est. ship 10/9 ::fingers crossed::

9/30 - JC - I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process shortly

10/4 - JC - I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process shortly

10/7 - Build Sheet!!

10/8 - JC -I am showing that your vehicle has completed the build process and is pending quality inspections to ensure that standards are met prior to releasing the vehicle. At FCA, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided.

10/11 - Dealer - Shipped to body vendor - JB status

10/12 - JC - Body vendor installation of additional equipment

10/13 - JC - Body vendor installation of additional equipment

10/14 - JC - Your Jeep has completed the build and inspections and is waiting to be shipped to the dealer.

10/14 - Sticker!

10/15 - JC - I can see your order has been released from the factory and was approved for shipping. Shipping arrangements have not been completed yet but it should be leaving soon! We have no estimated shipping date for departure from the plant, I recommend contacting us in a week for a better update

10/15 - Dealer - ETA: 10/19 - 10/29

10/18 - JC - I am seeing your vehicle is in the shipping stage, in transit to your ordering dealership. Your delivery to dealership ETA window is: 10/25/2021 - 11/08/2021

10/21 - Dealer - ETA: 10/21 - 11/8

10/25 - JC - ETA: 11/1-11/9
10/26 - Dealer - Released at facility. Ready for next vendor. ETA 11/1-11/9

So maybe its getting ready, to be getting ready, to be shipped lol. It was done being build on 10/14!!

bigcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Black/Black/6speed
Day 127.
6/22 - Ordered.
10/19 - D1 status - Estimated ship date 10/28
10/25 - E status - Framing
10/26 - G status - Trim
10/27 - JB status - Shipped to body vendor - Estimated ship date 10/29
:jk:
😀:time:
WAIT WHAT!?! Something must be wrong. Now when I go to check my build sheet. it no longer says "No records found corresponding to the VIN provided" :involve: Oh yeah. Got myself a build sheet. I mean that's as legit as holding BTFD shares. right? hahaha

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
Pretty excited. Previously had a 2013 JKU, just ordered a JLU 2022 at the dealer (PA).
Sales rep said, rule of thumb for new wrangler orders, 100 days.
That would make it ~Feb 3, 2022.
Will update as I get word.
pretty excited to get back In a jeep!

10/26/2021 Ordered at Dealer
There's something wrong with your arithmetic. 2022 orders don't start build until December (as far as I understand it) (because they're still building the 21s). If on December 1 they start with a backlog of 2022 orders, and if the scheduling/supply issues follow the same pattern, and if builds average 100 days as a result, you're looking at mid March. :tumbleweed:

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
WAIT WHAT!?! Something must be wrong. Now when I go to check my build sheet. it no longer says "No records found corresponding to the VIN provided" :involve: Oh yeah. Got myself a build sheet. I mean that's as legit as holding BTFD shares. right? hahaha
Back before people were reloading cryptostickers every five minutes and jumping on the site within ten seconds of getting the email :giggle: this was the most frequent complaint I saw last year. The build sheet would appear, then disappear, then reappear later. I have no "software speculation" for why it should do such a thing ('microservices').

It's a feature not a bug. The site maintainer is an Op on the forums so they're probably fairly busy with other things. Go direct to the build sheet url and see if it's there (and just download it so you can read it repeatedly even while offline as you await delivery).

Sponsored

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Random observation, I believe there is some build priority for certain dealers (Gupton is a frequent winner), which may simply be a matter of the shipping planning software deciding "hey if I build these fifteen I can ship them tomorrow all on the same barge!".

Secondarily, high value orders might get a bit of priority but "there's no reason to believe so". The current environment will be different, but last year there was no clear winner amongst the feature groups and build options. New variations were obviously delayed (Gorilla glass, 392, 4xe, dual doors) since people preordered. One of the tops fell behind, as did the manual transmission once in a while (but typically by less than ten days). "Slow orders" were consistently Canadian (no offense), military, or executive fleet orders.

Since refreshing cryptostickers again won't change anything, go give this a read. Some of the links have graphies and talk about what made orders 'slow'. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...build-sheet-order-tracking.12503/post-1603876

JLU-Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Altitude
There's something wrong with your arithmetic. 2022 orders don't start build until December (as far as I understand it) (because they're still building the 21s). If on December 1 they start with a backlog of 2022 orders, and if the scheduling/supply issues follow the same pattern, and if builds average 100 days as a result, you're looking at mid March. :tumbleweed:
ohgeez. I didn’t realize they haven’t started the 2022 builds yet.
I hope I’m in the early batch for 2022.

Bamabww

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys, Snazzberry.
Occupation
Retired and loving it.
Here's the latest info from Jeep Chat : I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon.

So that's different than last week when it was: Your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build.

But isn't that's really just saying the same thing?

Ordered 4 dr Willys with tow package , Gorilla Glass, 9/13.

Jeff79

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6L - Snazzberry w/Xtreme Recon pckg
Occupation
Computer stuff

Advertisement

Advertisement