Sponsored

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
The more I think about it the more I disagree with the sentiment that Jeep won't be making any changes for 2022. I think they are. Which is why I'm waiting.

With the inception of the new Ford Bronco and its specs being released last Summer in July you can bet Jeep went over it with a fine tooth comb and planned for changes in the 2022 Model.

Its already showing up in late 2021 with the addition with the "Recon package" directly aimed at the Sasquatch package. Other things to watch out for that will come in 2022 is a lager standard infotainment screen, mirror relocation and other options being available like an option for rear locker for the Willys package.

They are not going to sleep on the Bronco stealing some of the spot light with its upgrades over the Jeep. I'm really hoping Jeep does something with the B pillar speaker cross bar that steals the open air view especially for the rear passengers. I really think that why it's taking longer they need to iron out all the changes.

I'm waiting for the 2022s. Because if they do make any of these changes people will be kicking themselves for ordering a late 2021. I know i would be. JMO

At this point it worth the wait and see....
Ford can’t build a functional hardtop for the Bronco, and the “open air experience” sans soundbar is suspect #1. Of course, building a roof out of cardboard thinly skinned in cheap plastic doesn’t help the situation. I wouldn’t want Jeep to follow Ford’s lead into the abyss
. And frankly, I would much rather enjoy my speakers than worry about whether the rear passengers can’t get a good view of the horizon if I have the top off.
Sponsored

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
Ordered a 21 Aug 30. (Canada) del said Dec 28th. We will see.

As for curtain air bags... if they do add them to the wrangler down the road hope they are smart and add a disable function. This is due to anything related to side impacts off road the airbags will deploy. It's happened on many vehicles with this feature over the years.

All it takes it to slide into a ditch or even off a rock and the jolting action of the stop is enough to deploy them.

Also wranglers have roll cages (sorta) hence why they don't have side air bags. They have side ones in the seats already.

Also most side impact sensors are in the doors, doors off no sensor?

I think they would have added them by now if it was easy to do.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Ford can’t build a functional hardtop for the Bronco, and the “open air experience” sans soundbar is suspect #1. Of course, building a roof out of cardboard thinly skinned in cheap plastic doesn’t help the situation. I wouldn’t want Jeep to follow Ford’s lead into the abyss
. And frankly, I would much rather enjoy my speakers than worry about whether the rear passengers can’t get a good view of the horizon if I have the top off.
Let's be real here. It's more of a fail from Wabasto quality then it's Fords design of the vehicle. Everyone knows this by now. It will get fixed.

Also Jeep really should make things like AC, power windows and locks standard not only to keep up with the times and the Bronco but for christ sakes to at least keep up with brand new 2021 economy cars that cost $15k. đŸ€Ł

jsm11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL - Sahara
I think they already released what they got with the Willys Recon, I think there will be no other substantive improvements. Media was there for the release and nothing new was revealed

Prepare to be disappointed, IMO

TheBroncoSux

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future '22 Firecracker Red Rubicon 4xe
I custom ordered a 2022 Rubicon 4xe a couple of weeks ago. I've heard production start date rumors as early as November, and as late as the first week in December. Is there any reliable info that suggests an accurate PSD?

Sponsored

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
I custom ordered a 2022 Rubicon 4xe a couple of weeks ago. I've heard production start date rumors as early as November, and as late as the first week in December. Is there any reliable info that suggests an accurate PSD?
My dealer said December 6, which aligns with most reports here.

scj64

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Ram 2500, ‘23 R/T, ‘23 20A 392, ‘22 FLHTK
Ordered my ‘22 JLR yesterday and received my vin today.

Sponsored

scj64

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When going through the build process, there was no option to add paint matched fenders on my Rubicon.
Of course no floor mats either
Leads me to believe either all Rubicon’s have paint matched or they’re all black for ‘22.

TheBroncoSux

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When going through the build process, there was no option to add paint matched fenders on my Rubicon.
Leads me to believe either all Rubicon’s have paint matched or they’re all black for ‘22.
This is the order code for the color fenders on the 2022's:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Jeep Wrangler Ordering & Production Start Dates Released 1635386300537

TheBroncoSux

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's the code for the floor mats:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Jeep Wrangler Ordering & Production Start Dates Released 1635386394243

scj64

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On Tuesday (yesterday), it was not an option to order body colored fenders on my Rubicon. Not sure about other models.

Mats said “on restriction “.

Neither option is a show stopper so I placed my order. I can live with color matched or black. It’s Sarge Green btw.
You could order the hard top color matched if you wanted.

TheBroncoSux

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On Tuesday (yesterday), it was not an option to order body colored fenders on my Rubicon. Not sure about other models.

Mats said “on restriction “.

Neither option is a show stopper so I placed my order. I can live with color matched or black. It’s Sarge Green btw.
You could order the hard top color matched if you wanted.
Here's my POC - ordered about two weeks ago, but a 4xe - that could be the difference:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Jeep Wrangler Ordering & Production Start Dates Released 1635387127229
Sponsored