First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURubicon
Thanks. Just need motivation now.
Thanks, now I just need motivation.
Just used some painters tape to 1) hold it in place and more importantly 2) remind my wife not to use it until fixed.

Jeep should really recall this as a safety concern. Imagine having to fight with that while you're driving.

No Spark V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 3.0 GCM
Clubs

Thanks. Just need motivation now.

Thanks, now I just need motivation.
Just used some painters tape to 1) hold it in place and more importantly 2) remind my wife not to use it until fixed.

Jeep should really recall this as a safety concern. Imagine having to fight with that while you're driving.
Some of us are lucky enough we don't have to imagine it, we get to experience it first hand!

schadenfreude

First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL, 2001 Cherokee XJ, 2016 SRT
I joined the forum because of this problem. 2019 JL. 15k miles. I've had the driver's side visor replaced TWICE already and yesterday the 3rd one fell out. Apparently the replacements are the same crappy design as the original. I can't believe a $50k car is made with such chintzy parts. I'm going to report this on the NHTSA website and order those little metal rings to do the repair myself. (Many thanks to those who have posted their procedures!)

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
19k miles, add me to the list. The passenger side broke yesterday, guess I'll be doing this repair. Thanks to @roaniecowpony for posting a fix when Jeep has failed us again.
For comparison, my 88 YJ visor didn't break in 33 years...this is disappointing on so many levels.

Sponsored

CMTAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLURX Anvil
That plastic nut is all but useless. The fix will last. Easy with a Dremel and a multi tool.

Kegger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wangler Rubicon
I have the same problem, but am still under warranty. Dealer says they cannot get a replacement as it is back ordered. This is really a safety issue when it drops in front of the driver. Passenger visor just failed so its back to the dealer to have them tell me there are no parts available for that side either. I know the dealer in Iowa has one, but the dealer in Tucson will not purchase it from another dealers inventory.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I have the same problem, but am still under warranty. Dealer says they cannot get a replacement as it is back ordered. This is really a safety issue when it drops in front of the driver. Passenger visor just failed so its back to the dealer to have them tell me there are no parts available for that side either. I know the dealer in Iowa has one, but the dealer in Tucson will not purchase it from another dealers inventory.
Hi Steve, don't replace it with another visor that will still fail in the exact same manner, just fix it once and for all, as per this thread
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/sun-visor-fix.44865/

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Its funny cuz mine hasn't broken but everytime I extend it out I think to myself, well now that wouldn't take much to snap off.

Galllooks

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport unlimited
Add me to the list of broken visor. Today I was driving and the visor just dropped and started to hang on the power wire. How much to replace it or would the dealership replace it?

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Add me to the list of broken visor. Today I was driving and the visor just dropped and started to hang on the power wire. How much to replace it or would the dealership replace it?
@Galllooks

Dealer will fix under warranty but unfortunately, fixes using the same same stock visor that has the flimsy bracket..

Just buy a set of these... Do the easy repair with them and be done with it... These visor clips will do the fix and make the bracket more stout. They are an offering that recently hit the market/became available and they do work well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284518876593?hash=item423ea585b1:g:rhcAAOSwdb9hr-za
Jeep Wrangler JL Sun Visor Broken s-l1600

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
@Galllooks

Dealer will fix under warranty but unfortunately fixes, using the same same stock visor that has the flimsy bracket..

Just buy a set of these... Do the easy repair with them and be done with it... These visor clips will do the fix and make the bracket more stout. They are an offering that recently hit the market/became available and they do work well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284518876593?hash=item423ea585b1:g:rhcAAOSwdb9hr-za
Jeep Wrangler JL Sun Visor Broken s-l1600
Looks like a decent fix. Price is about 5 times what it should cost though.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Looks like a decent fix. Price is about 5 times what it should cost though.
Thats a fair price for the man's innovation and the fact that it's a CNC machined part. The machining is the same as if the part were aluminum and the material cost is higher.

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Thats a fair price for the man's innovation and the fact that it's a CNC machined part. The machining is the same as if the part were aluminum and the material cost is higher.
I disagree. If the innovation had required something more than a thin flat piece of metal with a hole and a notch, then I would agree.
Sponsored