Sponsored

Banks Power - Exhaust, Intake, Tuner

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
3K miles? i thought i had the worst when my CP4 grenaded at 4100 miles!

yes, it took more than a couple of months for J**p to get all the parts together to put it back on the road, even with @JeepCares involved.
to their credit, there was no attempt whatsoever to deny coverage and everything was handled under warranty (eventually). good thing, because repair estimates were over $15-20K to replace the entire fuel system.

<snip>

The CP4 injection system in these diesels routinely blows up on its own. Repairs can be $8,000 to $12,000. Manufacturers do everything they can to get out of covering it under warranty. I just saw another guy post about his this morning. So in my opinion, purposefully jacking around with the fuel flow on these is just asking for trouble.

I may wait for a safer, more tested option like the GDE tune.

EcoDieselcp4.jpg
Sponsored

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRUD, 2005 Porsche Boxster, 2011 BMW 335i
Occupation
Traveller of both time and space
This is the derringer underreporting fuel pressure to trick the fuel system into pushing 20% extra fuel

Mine was doing this before they added the new firmware . 34.4 psi boost and 36,000 psi fuel pressure
Strange, mine still gets 29K psi on both commanded and actual fuel pressure with the the posted firmware

Sponsored

letzgostate

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Have you tried installing? I've watched the install video several times. My fuel rail sensor is upside down from what's shown in the video making access to the tab almost impossible. I can just barely touch the tab but can't curl my fingers enough to put any pressure on it. I can't push the red lock back. Actually, I can even see the red locking tab. Is your orientated with the red locking mechanism on the top like shown on the installation video?
I had my wife install that sensor for me. Her dainty hands sure helped!

thance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Commander, 2002 Liberty, Looking for JLURD
Mine was doing this before they added the new firmware . 34.4 psi boost and 36,000 psi fuel pressure
Are you saying with the derringer you're running 34.4 psi boost? What is it stock? I know the previous gen2 was only around 20psi.

i have an eco diesel in order and already have the derringer in the garage.

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
Are you saying with the derringer you're running 34.4 psi boost? What is it stock? I know the previous gen2 was only around 20psi.

i have an eco diesel in order and already have the derringer in the garage.
New derringer firmware is 33.4psi , stock is 28.

thance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Commander, 2002 Liberty, Looking for JLURD
New derringer firmware is 33.4psi , stock is 28.
Thanks, that helps with some other changes i am planning. Is there a chart anywhere that shows either stock or tuned psi vs rpm over the full powerband?

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD

Stock map starting at 1700 rpm cruise
Thanks, that helps with some other changes i am planning. Is there a chart anywhere that shows either stock or tuned psi vs rpm over the full powerband?

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Can you take a picture with the visor down? I'm curious how much of the gauge is blocked from the visor or if the gauge limits how far the visor will go.
I don't know if you ever ordered one or got your answer, but on mine i can flip the visor straight down, but at some point around halfway between straight down and against the windshield the visor contacts the gauge and won't go any further. I'm not too surprised by this since the visor pretty much goes right to A-pillar.

I was a little disappointed with Aeroforce's plan for install, but I still think it is a nice product and with a little tweak I'm very happy with it. Because of what I found I did a write up if you need to see other views on where it sits. Thread Link

Reactions: KNN

No Spark V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 3.0 GCM
Clubs

I don't know if you ever ordered one or got your answer, but on mine i can flip the visor straight down, but at some point around halfway between straight down and against the windshield the visor contacts the gauge and won't go any further. I'm not too surprised by this since the visor pretty much goes right to A-pillar.

I was a little disappointed with Aeroforce's plan for install, but I still think it is a nice product and with a little tweak I'm very happy with it. Because of what I found I did a write up if you need to see other views on where it sits. Thread Link
I did end up buying the aeroforce mount. Wasn't excited to drill holes but I'm happy with the outcome. I was able to get both screws in with some patience, and I skipped the epoxy. That's a good writeup!

Last edited:

KNN

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Diesel
instructions seem more complicated then they need to be. Here’s a pic of the dual pod w/ visor down. It’s basically flush w/ mirror before contacting the
Jeep Wrangler JL Banks Power - Exhaust, Intake, Tuner 6A07BD47-B956-445D-A27E-DF7F320ABD24
pod. Can’t go back as far but it fits awesome.

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler diesel Sahara Altitude , 94 MKIV
Occupation
Autobody , singer-songwriter
This is the derringer underreporting fuel pressure to trick the fuel system into pushing 20% extra fuel

34lbs of boost ? On a stock turbo ? Really ?