Cazadores

Cazadores

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2020 Firecracker Willys,
I just sold my beloved 2008 JK this morning. It’s going to a good home.

I posted on Craigslist ($5). Need to be careful of scammers, but does bring in buyers. Then I added Facebook marketplace which brought in people I trusted more.

I had about 7 or 8 legit interested people after 2 days. First people to come see it, ended up buying. Didn’t get to show it to others.

Now I’m stuck without a Jeep until my order comes in who knows when.

4A56835D-ED74-456B-A8A7-C3A0709F7ABC.jpeg
AF929391-BE19-4D66-87C8-82F2FA11B374.jpeg
I love Rescue Green.

I am seriously considering selling my 2018 JLR, was offered 8k more than I paid for it, and just going and ordering a brand new one and doing the wait, like you. How long is the lead time they gave you?
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Craigslist. Take your time and compose an ad that will set your Jeep apart from the competition, but be totally straightforward about it's flaws/condition. The honesty will show through and it will serve you well. It's a seller's market out there. You'll do fine. Mine sold in 24 hours.

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
Hey there, the time has come to unload my old JK. I got someboffers from Vroom and such, but figured I'd throw it to all of you out there to see if you had any ideas of quick, easy ways to rid yourself of a JK....

Thanks!
In recent months, I've sold two vehicles and both went fast for my asking price. Avoid Carvana, Vroom etc because they'll definitely lowball you.

Two places to try:

1) Craigslist. I think they charge $5 to place an auto ad

2) Facebook marketplace. They charge a little more, something like $20.

Take your JK to a detailer and get it squeaky clean. Mention in your ad that it's squeaky clean inside and out. Take LOTS of photos, inside and out, from all angles. Put the best shots in your ads.

Jeeps are very popular. It should go quickly.

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
Bump on this thread, selling my '07 JKU to make room for my '21 JL. I'm primarily looking at Carmax, Vroom, and Carvana since it has multiple issues (Main Rear Seal leak, drinks coolant, O2 sensor/gasleak check engine lights, various spots of rust, etc.). I don't want someone come back after the fact. I'm disclosing all of the check engine lights and what not to Carmax, a few questions:

The carpet in the JL is getting yanked out right away and replaced with Armorlite, would it be worth/possible to cut the carpet to fit the JK? Right now, there's nothing in there except Quadratec mats. Any other tips, I am going to detail it down and get it super clean obviously.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
... any ideas of quick, easy ways to rid yourself of a JK....

Thanks!
Post it for sale in all the regular places, but at a price much lower than it is worth.

Sponsored

Bluesharp

First Name
Bluesharp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara diesel , 1966 MGB
Occupation
Prison dentist...no, seriously 😷 RETIRED!!!
You might want to try givemethevin.com. I'd never heard of them but read about them somewhere on here.

Sold my 2013 JK to them- they offered $7000 more than Carvana or Vroom. Seriously. More than I listed it for on FB marketplace.. They picked it up last Monday, the check was cleared by my bank a couple of days later.

Wish I'd have known about them when I sold my BMW 2 months ago.

Gnip

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubi Sting Gray
I second givemethevin.com. I sold my 2500hd to them and it was the easiest experience ever (that and it was the highest offer when compared to carvana, vroom, and a few local dealerships) .

JPJr70

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys 2dr
Thanks for the tip.
Just tried givemethevin.
They were about $5000 less than Vroom.
I've heard a lot of horror stories about vroom. Anyone actually use them and have it work out?

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
Sold my 2012 JK with 92.5K miles about a month ago on Facebook Marketplace.

I checked Vroom prior to ordering my 2021 JLUR. They severely lowballed me offering less than KBB Fair value.

When I ordered my 2021 I had the dealer appraise it. They offered $7k more than Vroom. This was acceptable to me and I would have traded it had I not been able to sell it first.

I put it up on FB Mktplc about 6 weeks ago. I knew I would have some time before my JL would arrive so for the first week put it at the very top of what I thought it might go for based on what was available locally on autotrader.

No real interest the first week. A week later I dropped the price $2k and got a couple bites right away. I ended up selling it for $4k more than what the dealer offered in trade, a full $11k more than what Vroom offered. The only fees I paid FB were to boost the add over each of the two weekends it was listed. Total fees paid was $30.

Now I just need to wait patiently (yeah right) for my JL to arrive.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Bump on this thread, selling my '07 JKU to make room for my '21 JL. I'm primarily looking at Carmax, Vroom, and Carvana since it has multiple issues (Main Rear Seal leak, drinks coolant, O2 sensor/gasleak check engine lights, various spots of rust, etc.). I don't want someone come back after the fact. I'm disclosing all of the check engine lights and what not to Carmax, a few questions:

The carpet in the JL is getting yanked out right away and replaced with Armorlite, would it be worth/possible to cut the carpet to fit the JK? Right now, there's nothing in there except Quadratec mats. Any other tips, I am going to detail it down and get it super clean obviously.
Will be hard to sell a jeep in that condition to Vroom or Carvana. For a quick sale Carmax is probably your best bet. However, be prepared to get offered next to nothing.

I sold a 2007 Silverado to Carmax. They gave me 3k. Saw it listed for 12k...

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I have good luck selling used cars on Craigslist ($5) and I also throw them on Facebook (free). Craigslist will get you the scammers trying to selling you the free vehicle report or the check scams. Facebook has the low ballers.
This was my experience with Craigslist, they seem to really gone down hill... I actually would get the obvious scammers to send a check to the local Sheriffs office and can only hope they sent it.

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
I sold my 2010 JKUR last year on Facebook marketplace in less than a week. I priced it off of what Kelley Blue book said it was worth and added a little bit for all the extras and ended up selling it for more than I was asking because two buyers got in a little bidding war.

IMG_20170708_114632417_HDR (1).jpg

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Out of curiosity I just entered my ‘21 JLUR 4700 miles on givemethevin. They offered $52,000-$54,500 for it. Sticker was $52,300 and I only paid 49,200 before TTL. I declined as I’m not selling it lol. I did counter and tell them I’d take $54,000 but I’d put the stock suspension back on and the stock tires and wheels. Or $57,700 if I leave the metalcloak 3.5” game changer lift, 37” tires and beadlocks on it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

If they agree to the $57,700 I might sell and order another Jeep hahahha. Guptons here I come. I can buy a $2000 beater to get to work in the mean time.

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I sold my 2010 JKUR last year on Facebook marketplace in less than a week. I priced it off of what Kelley Blue book said it was worth and added a little bit for all the extras and ended up selling it for more than I was asking because two buyers got in a little bidding war.

IMG_20170708_114632417_HDR (1).jpg
That happened to me a couple years ago. I had people all over the country wanting my 2012 JKU. Sold it to the first one saying he was on his way. It’s in the St. Louis area now (I live near Memphis, TN). A friend who lives there now saw it a few months ago. Said the guy baby’s it. It was definitely built for trails and I used it lol. Buyer new. I sent him pics. Even if the flop. No damage when I flopped. Only scratched the powder coat on the tube fenders.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps

Jeep Wrangler JL Best way to sell a JK IMG_20170708_114632417_HDR (1)
Nice looking Rubicon. I can see that pulling a decent dollar.

Problem is many try to sell beaters for top dollar 😆
Sponsored