Northridge4x4's Firecracker Red 2018 JLUR Build

Techknowguy

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon Unlimited Hard Rock
The wheels are KMC XD231 beadlock wheels: 17"x8.5" with a 4-3/4" backspace.

Those Nittos Ridge Grapplers are great tires too! We've got them in both the 37" D sidewall and the 37" E sidewall flavor.
Great! Do you guys have access to the new EVO Stage 2 kit with shock extensions? Is it worth going that route, or should I just do the basic 2.5” stage 1 if my intention is to use the Jeep for road trips and occasional use on the Beach to go surf fishing? In other words, no aggressive off road work.

Thanks again- much appreciated.
Sponsored

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
Got them in a few different configurations for you to choose from: EVO 2.5" boost kits.

Make sure to use "JLWranglerForums" for the discount code! ;)

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
With the 37's under it stock and it bumping and rubbing, we had to get some lift on it ASAP, so we broke out the EVO MFG. 2.5" boost stage 1 kit.

It's a pretty simple kit consisting of coil spacers and bump stop extensions. We also added in the shock extensions so we wouldn't have to worry about longer shocks.

You can get both of them together in kit form here: 2.5" Boost Stage 1 kit w/ shock extensions

Before - stock height with 37s:

JL-on-37s-sm.jpg

As you can see, the 37s look pretty good in there stock, but too much bumping and rubbing to drive it around on the street and forget even thinking about a trail.

After the EVO mfg. 2.5" Boost kit:

JL-2.5-EVO-s.jpg

Quite a noticeable difference; the look is more proportioned with some space in the wheel wells.

For ride quality? This kit uses the same springs and shocks, so there was no difference in ride quality. It rides just as nice and smooth as it did before the lift.
Why is this kit $544 and it doesn't come with control arms ? I like these kits because you can keep the stock ride but Rubicon express has the same kit for only 399 and i was also wondering what makes them so good over others like sky jacker that come with springs and shocks in a 2.5 complete suspension lift ? I dont nothing about EVO so i am just asking to tell about me about these kits and why they are more when its just steel and you cant really break steel. I am just looking for a good deal and a good product also

txbonds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JL
Vehicle Showcase
Got them in a few different configurations for you to choose from: EVO 2.5" boost kits.

Make sure to use "JLWranglerForums" for the discount code! ;)

Oops. I made 3 or 4 orders through you guys this past week, including a winch, and never could find a discount code on the forum. LOL. Oh well, next time.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Oops. I made 3 or 4 orders through you guys this past week, including a winch, and never could find a discount code on the forum. LOL. Oh well, next time.
Tech Tim which 2.5 can I get for around $700 that will give me everything I need to make it look . When I called evo boost they told me part number 3002 but I don't see that one

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Why are the EVO boost so expensive its just steel and spacers ? They are twice as expensive as someone else that makes the kits with springs and shocks that doesn't make sense

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
Tech Tim which 2.5 can I get for around $700 that will give me everything I need to make it look . When I called evo boost they told me part number 3002 but I don't see that one
This is the one you're probably looking for: EVO 2.5" Overland Boost w/ shock ext pn#3002S1EXT

As far as price differences between manufacturers and kits, you really need to compare them closely.

The EVO mfg kit has more parts than the Rubicon Express kit, and if you just compare the brackets alone, you can see the EVO brackets have more to them. Overall it is a nicer kit.

Will they both do the same job? Yes. Will one last longer, perform better? Yes.

Gabe E.

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2006 TJ Rubicon
OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
I am not a huge fan of mounting it inside the cab. Noise , wiring ect just doesn't sit well with me. we will have a underhood or underjeep solution soon

Gabe E.

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2006 TJ Rubicon
I am not a huge fan of mounting it inside the cab. Noise , wiring ect just doesn't sit well with me. we will have a underhood or underjeep solution soon
Let me know when you have something. I too am not a fan of interior mounting but I couldn't find any other option and this is the one ARB recomended.

Sponsored

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
Well, that is good to hear, my tax over payment/interest free loan to the Fed is going to need somewhere to go..... waiting somewhat patiently. I was considering the interior mount, but haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet because the aftermarket industry was jammed up getting their rigs ready for EJS, now that its done, I would hope to see the gates open a bit for parts..

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads