Vehicle Showcase

Dana1978

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Question... How many of you just went out and order ur jeep or how many actually did a test drive one b4 u ordered?? I just ordered it! 😬 Hope it's all good. 🤣 I test drove one 2yrs ago b4 I got my grand cherokee, but the used car prices r so good right now so I went out and ordered my dream car... I'm sure it's fine... Right?!? 🤞🤪😆

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Question... How many of you just went out and order ur jeep or how many actually did a test drive one b4 u ordered?? I just ordered it! 😬 Hope it's all good. 🤣 I test drove one 2yrs ago b4 I got my grand cherokee, but the used car prices r so good right now so I went out and ordered my dream car... I'm sure it's fine... Right?!? 🤞🤪😆
I have your test drove the trim you ordered? I blindly ordered my 392 but had a idea of handling with my (now my dads) 2018 JL Sahara

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
I test drove a 2020, which was enough to convince me that automatic transmissions still hated my guts. I ordered my 2021 without ever having a chance to test drive the manual or being in a 21. It did help me validate number of doors I wanted.

It was probably better that way. Dealers don't know how to deal with manual transmissions anymore and the accelerator calibration isn't part of their procedures, so people likely stall a lot in the manuals during test drives and decide they don't want one. :crying:

As to interior design and features, not many changes over the 2020, but I was happy the leather seats were changed to include red piping.

Dana1978

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I test drove a 2020, which was enough to convince me that automatic transmissions still hated my guts. I ordered my 2021 without ever having a chance to test drive the manual or being in a 21. It did help me validate number of doors I wanted.

It was probably better that way. Dealers don't know how to deal with manual transmissions anymore and the accelerator calibration isn't part of their procedures, so people likely stall a lot in the manuals during test drives and decide they don't want one. :crying:

As to interior design and features, not many changes over the 2020, but I was happy the leather seats were changed to include red piping.
I test drove a 2019 Sahara when I was previously looking for a new car & have driven my mom's '91 YJ (which she still has), but there wasn't one wrangler on the lot for me to even test drive. So I kinda ordered blindly too I guess. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Sponsored

Dana1978

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee

In retrospect I wish I would've ordered a manuel trans, but oh well. 🤷🏼‍♀️

The_Irish_Weaver

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S - 2-door - Manual
I'm glad to see these early to mid September orders getting shipped. I ordered on 9/13 so maybe mine is somewhere in the pipe line although JC and my dealer won't say beyond "scheduling."
same here (ordered 9-11)

Kimmi

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Cadillac ATS, 2021 Jeep Wrangler (maybe)
I test drove an automatic, but ordered a manual transmission because it has been a dream to have one. I hope I like it! no place had any manuals to test.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
I test drove an automatic, but ordered a manual transmission because it has been a dream to have one. I hope I like it! no place had any manuals to test.
The manual is :involve: and people claim it gets better at 5k, 10k, etc. For the first 500mi anyway, treat it nicely. I had a week off road that went well enough at 500mi, but breaking in to 1000mi first would have made it better.

See https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/manual-clutch-engagement-2021-jlu.74626/post-1578411

CFC4953

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Got my window sticker today on crypto! Quick question, does my name supposed to be at the top of it? Or is that only on the car when it’s delivered?

Sponsored

1BadDad

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Innovator
Finally got my window sticker. Built on 10/15 estimated ship date was 10/19 and sat from 10/15 until today pending installation of tailgate reinforcement. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Going to see if I get a dealer eta now!

JeepGirl18

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 4XE
You got the tan interior. Looks good with that body color. Well done. Enjoy it.... keep us posted on mods. And don't be a stranger!
Thanks! Shopping for mods now. Hope you get yours soon!

Advertisement

Advertisement