Sponsored

___S___

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Hey everyone, first post and soon be be first time Jeep owner (hopefully). I ordered a custom build 2021 JLR on September 8th and have been getting once weekly updates from the dealer and contacting Jeep customer service chat once a week myself for updates. Every week it's been the same status, waiting for parts so that the build can be scheduled. This week the customer service rep I spoke with (Rebecca) said the amount of time that had passed since my order without any change in status was not normal and she would open a ticket for a "Brand Mentor" to contact me regarding the delay. I didn't see anyone else getting this result after chatting with customer service on this thread so I thought I'd ask: Has anyone else had this response and know what it means? Like most people I was told to expect up to 8 weeks from order to delivery and it's now been 6 weeks with no progress at all.
Sponsored

USMC_JG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Hey everyone, first post and soon be be first time Jeep owner (hopefully). I ordered a custom build 2021 JLR on September 8th and have been getting once weekly updates from the dealer and contacting Jeep customer service chat once a week myself for updates. Every week it's been the same status, waiting for parts so that the build can be scheduled. This week the customer service rep I spoke with (Rebecca) said the amount of time that had passed since my order without any change in status was not normal and she would open a ticket for a "Brand Mentor" to contact me regarding the delay. I didn't see anyone else getting this result after chatting with customer service on this thread so I thought I'd ask: Has anyone else had this response and know what it means? Like most people I was told to expect up to 8 weeks from order to delivery and it's now been 6 weeks with no progress at all.
I ordered the same day as you. Mine has been in D1 for a li
I ordered mine the same day! I haven’t noticed anyone else getting a ticket open that early. Might speed it up and be a good thing though!!

DB2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sahara Altitude, 12 VW Beetle, 08 Honda Fit
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Security & Architecture
just when you think the dealership experience can’t get worse… they sold our Jeep To someone else! I am so pissed I can’t see straight. 12 weeks of waiting and working the escalation process and we’ve got nothing! The worst dealership on the planet.

So how much compensation or additional options do I demand out of this deal?

KAB96F

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon XR
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Ordered a JLU Sahara sting gray 2.0 with only premium sound, proximity, and remote start added.
Ordered 10/7
VIN 10/12
Reached out to Jeep chat yesterday (10/18) and was told that it was still in the order stage waiting on parts.
This morning was contacted by my dealer that the estimated ship date was 10/26! He said that it was the quickest he had seen one go through, granted the ship date could change. He also said a Rubicon he ordered on 10/14 though still had not gotten a VIN number. Maybe I was just super lucky and got it right before the cut off date. It seems like they are pushing Jeeps through quickly as I see some people who ordered earlier in 2021 are finally getting their jeeps as well as people who ordered their's in early September so maybe Jeep is one of the only manufacturers actually putting out consistent production.
I also should add I didn't go with the gorilla glass which there seems to be delay on. Also didn't opt in for floor mats.
This is my first post and I'm excited to be a part of the Jeep cult now!
10/8: Order placed for a 2022 JLU Rubicon
10/14: VIN & VON
And the waiting begins... 🥱

KAB96F

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon XR
Occupation
Structural Engineer
just when you think the dealership experience can’t get worse… they sold our Jeep To someone else! I am so pissed I can’t see straight. 12 weeks of waiting and working the escalation process and we’ve got nothing! The worst dealership on the planet.

Which dealership #$%@& you over like? 🤬🤬🤬

Sponsored

Outtacoffee

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Unlimited

I was just talking to my brother about this. It's my worst nightmare. I am keeping my fingers crossed yours works out...and the rest of us don't suffer the same date.

Keep us updated on what happens.

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys

The other guy on here was offered 40% under invoice on any vehicle in inventory.

Bamabww

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys, Snazzberry.
Occupation
Retired and loving it.
how much compensation or additional options do I demand out of this deal?
If you put down a deposit, you've got them by the short hairs. Breach of contract.

But the other guy referenced above actually found his Jeep in the back lot of the dealership. I think he ended up with 10% below invoice and lifetime maintenance. Good luck.

askursh

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Ordered Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0l Diesel on 8/17
Today reply from Jeep Chat was " I see all materials required for your order have been gathered and the plant has sequenced your order for production. There is no est shipping date yet."

TampaDiesel

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
I know I'm super early on this....and first post...ordered a JLURD on 8/18...I've got a vin....current status is D, scheduling...what should I expect for delivery time? 3 months?

Sponsored

millerb7

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
I know I'm super early on this....and first post...ordered a JLURD on 8/18...I've got a vin....current status is D, scheduling...what should I expect for delivery time? 3 months?
mine took 6 weeks. Picked up earlier this week. Ordered 9/3. It’s all over the place right now. No telling how long.

TampaDiesel

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
mine took 6 weeks. Picked up earlier this week. Ordered 9/3. It’s all over the place right now. No telling how long.
A 6 week delivery would be incredible, but I’ll assume a 2-4 month wait time with how things are at the moment. Did you order a diesel?