Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone seen or installed a Skyjacker 1.5" lift kit on a JL?
With a price right around $700 for coils and spring, and the fact that 35's pretty much fit on a standard JL, a 1.5" might be a sweet spot for a daily driver on 35ish tires. I've seen the 2.5's" posted but not the 1.5".
Sponsored

Sschmittou

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jku 75th anniversary, 2018 JlU rubicon
Occupation
Homeland security
Looks like they 4 kits. Two 1-1.5 kits and two 2-2.5.

Of each kit one has monotube and the other black max shocks.

I'm interested, but need to see what the actual lift ends up before I pick as I'm looking to gain 1.5 to 2 inches.

Also not educated enough to know if the monotube or black max are the better shocks for me. I'm more mall crawler/dirt trails, bot goung to heavy offroad.

LennyV

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl
Question, if you are going to lift your Jeep 1 to 1.5 inches would a spacer kit be a better option to maintain factory ride?

Sschmittou

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jku 75th anniversary, 2018 JlU rubicon
Occupation
Homeland security
Id really like about 2 in front and 1.5 in rear. I already put on the 35's and just want a little extra space between tire and fender.

I did the teraflex level kit ( spacers) on my 17 and its perfect.

I'll do a quality spacer kit on the JLUR or a small spring kit.

OP
OP
Silverblkrilla

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Question, if you are going to lift your Jeep 1 to 1.5 inches would a spacer kit be a better option to maintain factory ride?
I've used spacers on two different trucks and I didn't like the ride as much. With that being said I've never used spacers on a Jeep Wrangler. The dual rate coils interest me as well. I'd really like to get 1.5-2" of true lift and not 1-1.5" over advertised like a lot of lifts. Eager to see what guys like Tera, synergy, RK and icon release since they have had lifts 2" and under for the jk. With so many JK's using a 2.5" lift to fit 35's a 1.5" might be ideal for the JL and 35's.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Has anyone seen or installed a Skyjacker 1.5" lift kit on a JL?
With a price right around $700 for coils and spring, and the fact that 35's pretty much fit on a standard JL, a 1.5" might be a sweet spot for a daily driver on 35ish tires. I've seen the 2.5's" posted but not the 1.5".
I have their 2.5” sport lift with black max shocks and it is great. Ride quality has been excellent, just as good if not a little softer than OEM.

I live around the corner from SkyJacker and in deciding this is the information I received and saw first hand at the shop - 1.5” will clear 35s on the street but rub Offroad. 2.5” will clear 37s street and 35s Offroad.

I have plenty of room for 37s, I would have to use an aftermarket wheel though. These are 34” on Rubicon wheels and I don’t have any issues with rubbing at dull flex or full turn.

18A72F63-EEAE-4710-8FC0-4B0D9E445087.jpeg

OP
OP
Silverblkrilla

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have their 2.5” sport lift with black max shocks and it is great. Ride quality has been excellent, just as good if not a little softer than OEM.

I live around the corner from SkyJacker and in deciding this is the information I received and saw first hand at the shop - 1.5” will clear 35s on the street but rub Offroad. 2.5” will clear 37s street and 35s Offroad.

I have plenty of room for 37s, I would have to use an aftermarket wheel though. These are 34” on Rubicon wheels and I don’t have any issues with rubbing at dull flex or full turn.

18A72F63-EEAE-4710-8FC0-4B0D9E445087.jpeg

Do you think 1.5" with 35's and flat fenders will clear for mild trail use? And if you happen to see a JL with the 1.5" take a few pics if you don't mind.

Craigb

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I ordered my 1.5 lift from skyjacker over the weekend. I plan to run 33's later and want my JL a little higher for floods here in Houston.

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Do you think 1.5" with 35's and flat fenders will clear for mild trail use? And if you happen to see a JL with the 1.5" take a few pics if you don't mind.
It's not the lift height that determines whether you rub or not, it's the bump stops. So yes, 1.5 can run 35's with the bump stops sized right. Just like a 3" can rub with 35's if the bump stops are sized wrong...

OP
OP
Silverblkrilla

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my 1.5 lift from skyjacker over the weekend. I plan to run 33's later and want my JL a little higher for floods here in Houston.
Keep us posted on how the lift comes out. Pics plz.

Sponsored

Craigb

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Got everything thing in, but I won’t be able to install it for another week. I will post pictures of the install. And the alignment specs after I am done. I want to see what happens to my caster. I definitely don’t want it to decrease by much. It doesn’t feel that stable at 90 mph stock.

image.jpg

OP
OP
Silverblkrilla

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Got everything thing in, but I won’t be able to install it for another week. I will post pictures of the install. And the alignment specs after I am done. I want to see what happens to my caster. I definitely don’t want it to decrease by much. It doesn’t feel that stable at 90 mph stock.

image.jpg
From what other posters have stated about the 2.5" is that the coils are stiffer and that the top of the coils don't have much separation if any and really seem to only come in play when flexing. Which shocks did you get, Max or m95?

Eager to hear your feedback.

Craigb

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
From what other posters have stated about the 2.5" is that the coils are stiffer and that the top of the coils don't have much separation if any and really seem to only come in play when flexing. Which shocks did you get, Max or m95?

Eager to hear your feedback.
I got the black max shocks. I want to get it installed before crystal beach Jeep weekend. More than likely I’ll have it done the week after next.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase

image.jpg
Your caster shouldn't be far off from stock with only 1.5" of lift. From my understanding all JL's use the same control arms, trackbars etc. Some forum members have posted a factory Rubicon sits 1" higher than a sport from the factory. If that's the case, and they use all the same components other than springs/shocks the alignment from the Rubicon should be different from the sport off the showroom floor.

I installed the skyjacker 3.5-4" kit without any form of caster correction(Waiting on control arms, I refuse to cut into the lowest point in the Jeep for the front cam bolts.) I am surprised that I can go 65-70 around town without too many issues. Strong crosswinds do move me around a bit requiring more steering input, but it's really not that bad. I have been driving Jeeps for years, so maybe my tolerance is a little higher than someone coming from a car and expecting it to drive like a Jeep. I have a late 60's Bronco in the shop that I had to test drive after we got it running and added power steering/brakes. It has a lift with 33's & I assume no sway bars from the factory. After getting out of it and back in the Jeep, the Jeep feels like a damn sports car in the turns(I just wish it sounded like the Bronco with the V8.) :like:

Craigb

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Your caster shouldn't be far off from stock with only 1.5" of lift. From my understanding all JL's use the same control arms, trackbars etc. Some forum members have posted a factory Rubicon sits 1" higher than a sport from the factory. If that's the case, and they use all the same components other than springs/shocks the alignment from the Rubicon should be different from the sport off the showroom floor.

I installed the skyjacker 3.5-4" kit without any form of caster correction(Waiting on control arms, I refuse to cut into the lowest point in the Jeep for the front cam bolts.) I am surprised that I can go 65-70 around town without too many issues. Strong crosswinds do move me around a bit requiring more steering input, but it's really not that bad. I have been driving Jeeps for years, so maybe my tolerance is a little higher than someone coming from a car and expecting it to drive like a Jeep. I have a late 60's Bronco in the shop that I had to test drive after we got it running and added power steering/brakes. It has a lift with 33's & I assume no sway bars from the factory. After getting out of it and back in the Jeep, the Jeep feels like a damn sports car in the turns(I just wish it sounded like the Bronco with the V8.) :like:
I’ll let y’all know how it turns out. It’s my daily driver so I want it to be able to keep up with traffic. So I will not be doing anything more than this lift and some skinny 33’s at the most. I enjoy driving it coming out of a ecodiesel ram. It definitely handles high water better than my ram did.
Sponsored