Delays in production/delivery to Ontario, Canada

crazycanuck78

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sport Willys - 2 Door
At this point. If you don't have a vin. I would cancel, get your money back if any, go to a different dealer and order a 2022.
Probably going to do something like that. I have been waiting because the lease rate I was quoted in April was pretty good and the current lease rates are higher on Jeep.ca. With the buyback and my trade and everything the deal made sense. The 2022s are probably going to be more expensive plus the higher lease rate and maybe a lower lease buy back, well it would be nice just to have an open and frank conversation with the dealer about options.
Sponsored

syguy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude
Par for the course with this brand. I called my dealer today to check in on my order from April 19. The last I spoke to them was August 6 and they couldn’t give me any information except that the order was in. Today they said they would have someone call me back but it didn’t happen. Apparently the original sales guy who placed the order is no longer with the dealer. What a joke.
Jeep Wrangler JL Delays in production/delivery to Ontario, Canada 1634155907492

No kidding and I tried reaching out to the manufacturer because my dealership had no idea that my options had been dropped. Both sides just pointing fingers at this point and this full disclaimer is now on their website giving them full immunity which of course defeats the purpose in doing a custom factory order in the first place especially if they are not going to follow through with it at their end anyway. Super frustrating and disappointing. To try and get any of those options after market will be way more expensive. Of course the dealership would be happy to take back the vehicle and have me re-order with no guarantees and so they can sell my Jeep for an additional $10,000 based on the market and compared to the price and interest rates I locked in back in January. I am keeping what I got for sure but will have to make do without some of the extras for now. I will take my cheque and run!!

crazycanuck78

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Delays in production/delivery to Ontario, Canada 1634155907492

No kidding and I tried reaching out to the manufacturer because my dealership had no idea that my options had been dropped. Both sides just pointing fingers at this point and this full disclaimer is now on their website giving them full immunity which of course defeats the purpose in doing a custom factory order in the first place especially if they are not going to follow through with it at their end anyway. Super frustrating and disappointing. To try and get any of those options after market will be way more expensive. Of course the dealership would be happy to take back the vehicle and have me re-order with no guarantees and so they can sell my Jeep for an additional $10,000 based on the market and compared to the price and interest rates I locked in back in January. I am keeping what I got for sure but will have to make do without some of the extras for now. I will take my cheque and run!!
That is fine, at some point you vote with your dollars and your feet. People never forget a bad experience like this. Today I saw a beautiful Toyota Tacoma roll by with the off road package. I recalled my time in Africa and remembered touring in Land Cruisers across deserts and through jungle reminiscing about the deep off road heritage that Toyota maintains around the world.

X-SoLjA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Overall I'm fine with the delays and I'm fine with the waiting. I don't want to wait, and I wan't it now lol, but I can deal with it. It's the fact of not knowing what the vehicle will show up with or more importantly WITHOUT, that makes me nervous and frustrated. I know what I paid for, I know what I should be getting. Anything less than that should deserve a courteous upfront notification, where I then have the ability to make a decision on how I want to proceed. Spending 60K on a vehicle and getting anything less than what you paid for, with zero knowledge is unacceptable.

Unfortunately, this is the path they are taking and you either wait it out and hope to get extremely lucky (while still maintaining your better pricing/interest rates) or dump it and put in a new order...

Just plain sucks when a new car experience should be soooo much more than us fetching for answers and having to be let down in the end...

crazycanuck78

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overall I'm fine with the delays and I'm fine with the waiting. I don't want to wait, and I wan't it now lol, but I can deal with it. It's the fact of not knowing what the vehicle will show up with or more importantly WITHOUT, that makes me nervous and frustrated. I know what I paid for, I know what I should be getting. Anything less than that should deserve a courteous upfront notification, where I then have the ability to make a decision on how I want to proceed. Spending 60K on a vehicle and getting anything less than what you paid for, with zero knowledge is unacceptable.

Unfortunately, this is the path they are taking and you either wait it out and hope to get extremely lucky (while still maintaining your better pricing/interest rates) or dump it and put in a new order...

Just plain sucks when a new car experience should be soooo much more than us fetching for answers and having to be let down in the end...
It is quite a puzzling sales approach. Most people just want to know what to expect and also be treated with even a little basic respect. It might be that my Jeep will arrive and everything will be fine or it might be that they cancel the order and screw me over. Regardless I have much more important things to worry about in my life that I won’t get upset. However, when the time comes to role the lease the chance of me going to the same place again is essentially zero.

It reminds me of my grandfather’s experience. He was always a GM guy until 1983 when the GM dealer screwed him on a repair job. He got so upset and dropped by the Ford lot on the way home. That day he traded the GM for a Ford and this Ford dealer became a good friend of my grandfather and our family. He always went to extra mile and treated my grandfather so well. He would do things like drop by with his plow truck and clear to snowbank at my grandparents driveway after a snowstorm. Our family bought no less than 12 cars from that man over the subsequent 25 years and sent him many referrals until he and his brother sold the dealership. Then the new owners sucked and that was the last Ford purchase.

Sponsored

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
From my dealer this afternoon

Cory, your Wrangler has started its rail journey to us and is expected by the end of the month

Ya me!

crazycanuck78

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally got word from my dealer that it is BG status. Order placed April 20 for a 2 door Willys Sport with a manual.

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
From my dealer this afternoon

Cory, your Wrangler has started its rail journey to us and is expected by the end of the month

Ya me!
Lucky you.
I ordered a Rubicon Unlimited Feb 12.
Still no vin.
Waiting with no definate answer of when it will be built.

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucky you.
I ordered a Rubicon Unlimited Feb 12.
Still no vin.
Waiting with no definate answer of when it will be built.
I know you are holding out for the deal you got but I find it hard to believe they even ordered it for you.

And because it's been so long they can cancel it on you and just refund your deposit. Then you'll miss out on 21 and have to wait for a 22 which will take longer and be a little more expensive.

The US already started taking 22 orders. The factory starts building them early Dec.

Have you gone into the dealership?

Do you have at least a VON # to prove the ordered it?

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
I know you are holding out for the deal you got but I find it hard to believe they even ordered it for you.

And because it's been so long they can cancel it on you and just refund your deposit. Then you'll miss out on 21 and have to wait for a 22 which will take longer and be a little more expensive.

The US already started taking 22 orders. The factory starts building them early Dec.

Have you gone into the dealership?

Do you have at least a VON # to prove the ordered it?
Yes I do have a von#.
I have been to the dealership.

Sponsored

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes I do have a von#.
I have been to the dealership.
And the still giving you the runaround?

If no vin you can change options. Might be the steel bumpers holding you back

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My windowed sticker finally kicked out

Screenshot_20211019-162207_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's here

Jeep Wrangler JL Delays in production/delivery to Ontario, Canada Screenshot_20211021-101853_Yahoo Mail
Sponsored