Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Its easy except for the waterfall. I ran it in my stock 2019 Rubicon. Not sure my diesel without skids would do as well though.
You could just take the bypass around it.
Sponsored

Beetroot

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Medical Devices
Just found this thread, was wondering there was an Arizona thread. I haven't been out in a few weeks but this was Chevy Hill in Superior a few weeks ago. The rain really changed the trail. Lots of mud and some damage on my new sparkling 21 snazzle. Also quite a few pin stripes from Sycamore creek. A lot of overgrowth out there.
Hackberry is my favorite trail in Arizona. I've run that 20+ times and never gets old.

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
I'd have to see the waterfall in person, but I don't imagine the debris would be there for long. Also, the far left line (facing up) has always been easy (up and down) for even midsize trucks with mild lifts and 33s... I'm sure a JL would have no issues.
The current “easy” line (as of late May this year) is to start up the left, cross over to the right and exit on the right. I watched a stock JK Rubi do that line. That’s the line almost all the SXS use.

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Oh no i got those on Chevy Hill in Hackberry Creek down in Superior. I didn’t ease into the Offroad scene so took a trail or two to get comfortable where my corners are. On the other hand tho i got those first scratches out of the way 😉
Haha, Hackberry is definitely no joke as far as cutting your teeth in the offroad world!
How long does the trail typically take?
It's challenging. If you do it with a small group (3-5) of Jeepers it would probably take 3-4 hours, maybe more.
The current “easy” line (as of late May this year) is to start up the left, cross over to the right and exit on the right. I watched a stock JK Rubi do that line. That’s the line almost all the SXS use.
I haven't been out there in a few years but that's a new one. Now I'm itching to go try it in the Jeep soon.

Sputternutz

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
We all joke about going back... I have an eco-diesel this time so range anxiety should not be one of my concerns at least. the narrow shelf road with major brush is still an issue though.

The problem is that it may not be passable. all it will take is a down tree on the back side and we would be in trouble. the path back out may be too far on a tank of gas. since these are not maintained trails, its a crapshoot. But I think I could get a few willing to go back of there is interest. Most are no longer active on here though, have moved into various forums on Facebook. the old run pictures and reviews are in the four corners off-road adventures group.
We nicknamed the trail the Devils Goat Trail... Calling it a trail at times was pushing it. Literally going up a path on the edge of a cliff / mountain that is not more than an inch or so wider than the jeep. Oh, that part was also at night, and a few of us were low enough on has to worry. (Not on a "known" trail. We were breakinn new trail using old forest road maps.

Screenshot_20210814-083740_Chrome.jpg
That was quite the adventure and would jump at the chance to run it again but you have the trail name wrong, pic for proof.

Rough SOB Road.jpg

Sponsored

timannnn6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Hey guys...new to Flagstaff area. Any reputable off road shops here in town? Or close by? I've been searching but it seems like slim pickins. Thanks

benny_rt2

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ - 1999 TJ - 2004 TJ
Box Canyon just NE of Florence is an easy trail.

I think it would be a fun trip...once it cools down!
Box Canyon was first ever off road trail I went on back in 2004 when I moved to Phoenix. Great memories of my first AZ trail and the people were so nice . People I had never met previously.. I remember the group let me use their air compressors etc and that started my love of AZ jeep'n.

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
Box Canyon was first ever off road trail I went on back in 2004 when I moved to Phoenix. Great memories of my first AZ trail and the people were so nice . People I had never met previously.. I remember the group let me use their air compressors etc and that started my love of AZ jeep'n.
It seems that is a common experience. I'm sure my Wrangler is more capable than the driver (me) so I'm still learning the correct lines to take.

Bulldog was a bit more technical and one spot sort of had me stumped for a bit but I got it. I'll have to remember that line the next time we hit that trail. I'd like to continue on a bit further towards the Willow end of the trail with a group just to get more experience and, most importantly, meet more offroad enthusiasts.

Sponsored

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
14 of us ran Turkey creek Tuesday.

8A533B38-A3CB-48A8-816A-A47262F32000.jpeg

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
14 of us ran Turkey creek Tuesday.

Jeep Wrangler JL Arizona owners - please check in! 8A533B38-A3CB-48A8-816A-A47262F32000
That's a fun one. I camped in the canyon with a big group of Tacoma guys maybe 5-ish years ago and one of the massive trees in the bottom of the main wash split in half in the middle of the night when everyone was sleeping, crushing two trucks and nearly killing the owners. Ultimately everyone was ok and they got new rigs out of the ordeal, but watch out for those widowmakers lol

Blendo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JKUR
We usually only see one other Bikini JL in South Mesa/Gilbert
Jeep Wrangler JL Arizona owners - please check in! IMG_2567
. Got lucky enough to park next to this new one yesterday. Looks like a Sahara on 33s on the left, our Rubicon on 35s with 2" lift on the right

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hackberry is my favorite trail in Arizona. I've run that 20+ times and never gets old.
this is Hackberry Creek by Superior?

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
We usually only see one other Bikini JL in South Mesa/Gilbert
Jeep Wrangler JL Arizona owners - please check in! IMG_2567
. Got lucky enough to park next to this new one yesterday. Looks like a Sahara on 33s on the left, our Rubicon on 35s with 2" lift on the right
I must of missed the bikini blue meetup that day 🤦‍♀️
Sponsored