First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Hows the ride feel compared to stock, can you feel a difference and is it better on the road?
I'm extremely happy with the ride quality. It's real close to stock. I run the tire pressure at 31 psi cold. The best part is I can adjust the shock settings to make it feel different depending on what kind of roads I'm running on or the trails. I remember reading that Rusty's spring rate is real close to the stock spring rate. I got about 2-1/4 inch of lift all around.
Sponsored

OP
OP
stevieb92

stevieb92

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
You should check for water in your differential. It does not sound like your have raised the breather tubes and you were definitely in deeper than that. Did you check your intake at all to see if there was any water in there? The way you entered from the far side could have easily splashed up a bit. Not being critical, just things to check.
I'm planning to change the diff fluids this weekend, so I'll find out. I doubt that much water got in, if any because it was likely only a few seconds the breathers were submerged. I thought the breather tubes had check valves on them which allow air to vent out, but not back in? Maybe I read wrong? I did check the intake and it was dry.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I'm planning to change the diff fluids this weekend, so I'll find out. I doubt that much water got in, if any because it was likely only a few seconds the breathers were submerged. I thought the breather tubes had check valves on them which allow air to vent out, but not back in? Maybe I read wrong? I did check the intake and it was dry.
I'll be interested to hear about your fluid change. Nice job, that was hairy. Time for that snorkel upgrade!!

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
I have always been curious about something.

Independent front suspension vehicles use cv joints. These components are enclosed in a boot filled with grease. If the grease gets washed out, metal will rub against metal and the cv joint will be ruined. I have seen a cv joint crumble into pieces when it was being removed from a vehicle.

With IFS, It is a good idea to check the cv joint boot after driving through significant levels of water to ensure that the grease has not been washed out.

Jeeps are made to handle water crossing up to a certain height. Do you have to regrease or service anything after water crossings?

Yes... This clip is totally unnecessary but I just love it.

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
You’re not going to want to miss the footage of our latest adventure when I almost sank my new Jeep Rubicon! Make sure you watch until the end to catch the hilarious commentary! 🤣 Don’t forget to like, share and SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel! Thanks for watching!

Great job... how the hell do you not have a winch lol

Sponsored

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
You’re not going to want to miss the footage of our latest adventure when I almost sank my new Jeep Rubicon! Make sure you watch until the end to catch the hilarious commentary! 🤣 Don’t forget to like, share and SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel! Thanks for watching!

Kudos to the guy that finds trash and simply throws it back in the shrubs :facepalm:

Reactions: GtX

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Sorry to disappoint you that we didn't get video footage of us cleaning up that area before we left. We actually spent about 30 minutes collecting other people's garbage and vehicle parts after the cameras were turned off. Enough to fill a 5 gallon bucket. Next time I'm out, I'll collect video footage of us collecting other people's garbage and vehicle parts and make an entire video just for you. You promise to watch that video? :LOL:
^^^

OP
OP
stevieb92

stevieb92

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I'll be interested to hear about your fluid change. Nice job, that was hairy. Time for that snorkel upgrade!!
I don't believe I followed up on the axle oil change. I apologize for forgetting about responding, but both axles had zero water in the oil. The breathers were not raised prior to the crossing.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I don't believe I followed up on the axle oil change. I apologize for forgetting about responding, but both axles had zero water in the oil. The breathers were not raised prior to the crossing.
So that deep of water didn't make it into breathers then then axle.

Sponsored

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
The carpet was wet around the floor drain holes, but it was completely dry within a few days. Not much came under the doors. There was a little water on the Jeep all weather floor mats. I was very surprised it wasn't worse.
What will guards do you have? They look bigger than the Mopar ones?

OP
OP
stevieb92

stevieb92

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer