Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon XR

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
Hmm interesting. I wonder if they used a different part. I'm gonna lightly scrape off the paint material and see if it's just being covered. Otherwise it'd be a pain in the a** to change diff fluid.
It makes it a few more bolts but it's not much more work.

I've also found that the factory seal on the diffs seems to hold up well to reusing it.

Sponsored

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Ok, I guess it's a feature, not a bug then. Maybe something to do with the "3rd gen heavy duty Dana® 44 front axle" in our XR package.
I’m personally glad they removed the front axle drain bolt on the XR package. Horrible factory location on non XR Jeeps. Begging for rock damage. Pulling the cover to change the fluid really isn’t a big deal and it lets you clean the locker magnets with brake cleaner. Saves me from having to buy a diff skid to protect the drain bolt! I’ll just buy new covers 😎

spdrcr5

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon XR
Vehicle Showcase
Finally have a shipping update! It is all ready for shipping to the dealer in Virginia except they need to find a driver for the truck!!! ETA is anywhere from today to Oct 28.

Ordered - Aug 19, 2021
VON - Aug 20, 2021
VIN - Aug 23, 2021
D - Aug 23, 2021
D1 - Sept 27, 2021 (production)

Long gap between D1 and F... I was in Aruba and couldn't contact Jeep Chat lol It also sat in D1 for over a week.

F - Oct 11 (paint)
G - Oct 12 (Trim)
I - Oct 12 (pending final inspection)
JB - Oct 13 (body vendor now having any additional or options equipment installed)
KZ - 0ct 16 (Approved for shipping)
KZ L - Oct 18 (Shipping Stage)

JLURXR Snazzberry
3.6l VVT eTorque
8 spd Auto
4:1 Rock-Trac Full-time 4wd
Premium Soft Top
Gorilla Glass
Remote Start
Remote Proximity Keyless-Entry
8.4-inch Radio
Trailer/Tow package
LED
Steel Bumpers
Cold Weather Group

Sponsored

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
Apparently the tracking system in Toledo is down: Amber: Congratulations on your order, Bruce! I apologize our tracking system is currently going through an update so we are unable to see build statuses, but we do expect it to be complete within the hour. If you could reach back out to us in about an hour I would be happy to check on the status for you! Not very satisfying =/ Though on the bright side maybe someone will actually know where my vehicle is now. In the past it has felt like unless someone had eyes on it, no one knew where it was–

Brettnyt

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392XR, 2017 BMW M3
Apparently the tracking system in Toledo is down: Amber: Congratulations on your order, Bruce! I apologize our tracking system is currently going through an update so we are unable to see build statuses, but we do expect it to be complete within the hour. If you could reach back out to us in about an hour I would be happy to check on the status for you! Not very satisfying =/ Though on the bright side maybe someone will actually know where my vehicle is now. In the past it has felt like unless someone had eyes on it, no one knew where it was–
I'm confident that the "update" won't change a thing.

jepgrl

First Name
Donna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
For everyone out there waiting and those doubtful, it is worth the wait. I'm impressed in every way with the vehicle. I traded my BMW X5 for this wonderful thing and I have no regrets. Pictures do not do it justice and I didn't get home until later and it was overcast. Will take more shots later, but here is day 1!

IMG_5529.jpg

IMG_5531.jpg

IMG_5533.jpg

IMG_5534.jpg

IMG_5535.jpg

IMG_5536.jpg
Sponsored