Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The front ones were even more fun. Worth it though. Also, I did paint mine to match the Rancho stuff, so I'm kind of glad you didn't.
I thought about it. I asked you what color you used. Decided to keep them and to really match the front DV8 skid. I had to remove the DV8 so I could get to the drivers side LCA bolt.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. DV8 Diff. Skid
Sponsored

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I thought about it. I asked you what color you used. Decided to keep them and to really match the front DV8 skid. I had to remove the DV8 so I could get to the drivers side LCA bolt.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. DV8 Diff. Skid
I didn't put two and two together.

I like that DV8 diff skid. Man, that thing is pretty beefy! I probably would have bought that one instead of the RC, but I can't really complain about how the RC has held up to abuse.

I had to remove my front diff skid and my FAD skid to get the fronts installed. It took four times longer than the rears. Worth it though. I already screwed up all that fancy red paint on my first wheeling trip today. It felt marvelous! 😁

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Went to the UP over the weekend, pulled the camper and stayed at the KOA in St. Ignace. Took the ferry to Drummond island and hit part of the South Marblehead loop Jeep badge of honor trail. We came across a motorcycle that got stuck, pulled him out, then followed him back to the road to ensure his safety.

D2A0DE4A-5937-412A-9916-F78BE3B112E7.jpeg

549C6AFB-B317-4510-8D5B-378CD1F0C03C.jpeg

27FB7830-C049-4453-BED3-53E7750834F2.jpeg

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Went to the UP over the weekend, pulled the camper and stayed at the KOA in St. Ignace. Took the ferry to Drummond island and hit part of the South Marblehead loop Jeep badge of honor trail. We came across a motorcycle that got stuck, pulled him out, then followed him back to the road to ensure his safety.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 27FB7830-C049-4453-BED3-53E7750834F2

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 27FB7830-C049-4453-BED3-53E7750834F2

How is the Cricket? I've been eying it, or an Opus lite. I need something that my 12yo dog can climb into, which eliminates many of the RTT campers.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I ran Lingham Hydro line with my club Sunday. Annual fall colours run.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 211016-Fall Colours Lingham Hydro-036-2
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 211016-Fall Colours Lingham Hydro-045
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 211016-Fall Colours Lingham Hydro-057
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 211016-Fall Colours Lingham Hydro-079

Sponsored

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
How is the Cricket? I've been eying it, or an Opus lite. I need something that my 12yo dog can climb into, which eliminates many of the RTT campers.
At this point I would not recommend Taxa Outdoors or any of their trailers, mine came with a bad axle brand new and the replacement axle failed on this trip which was the first trip since getting it replaced. Their customer service is very slow to respond, if they do respond, and honestly not worth the money they want for them. I had to reach out to Lippert for the axle replacement as Taxa would not respond or acknowledge the issue after several emails.

Our first and second trailers were an InTechRV Flyer Pursue then a Sol Dawn Rover, which is far above the Cricket in quality and less expensive. We loved the Pursue but not being able to stand up and no onboard water got old, we decided to go up slightly in size which is why we went with the Dawn. The Dawn was only 2ft longer, I was able to stand up, had onboard water, and was still relatively light weight. We got rid of the Dawn as we had to store it over an hour away which resulted in us never using it otherwise, we would have kept it. I am regretting that decision.

We had the following requirements when looking at the replacement for the Dawn: onboard water, ability for me to stand up inside, and fit in a standard garage. Taxa was the only trailer that met those requirements which is why I purchased it, I did my research and knew of the usual issues common to all their trailers but bad axles was not one noted. Research brought up the haphazard support and customer service which I accepted as long as there were no know major issues.

Side note; after I made a comment on their Facebook group (created by the company) about the second failed axle, my post was deleted and I was removed from the group. That should speak volumes about the company and how they feel about customer service.

My apologies for the long response, at the end of the day no camper/trailer is built very well and they will all have issues but some are worse than others.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Is installation of the front skid plate merely a matter of loosening bolts where required? I like to review installation docs prior to purchasing accessories like this one, but only the manual for the rear diff skid plate is evident on the DV8 site. TIA.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Is installation of the front skid plate merely a matter of loosening bolts where required? I like to review installation docs prior to purchasing accessories like this one, but only the manual for the rear diff skid plate is evident on the DV8 site. TIA.
You remove the 4 factory bolts and reuse them. The left bracket goes on drivers side over axle and connects. The right one is passenger side. The lower bracket goes over backside of diff. Its easy to install once you get lined up. I had to remove mine to get to the LCA bolt to remove and to be able to use torque wrench. The 2 brackets go over axle and connects bottom and top of skid plate.

20211018_125819.jpg

20211018_125804.jpg

DV8 Skid Plate.jpg

InkedDV8 Diff. Skid_LI.jpg

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have 300lb Impact wrench and cheater pipe for socket wrench and neither will back front LCA bolt loose. The socket and cheater pipe removed the rear LCA very easy. WTF is the deal ? The rear loosened right off with cheater pipe on wrench.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Cooling off now. Naked for Fall/Winter

Will try tomorrow to loosen the Front LCA Bolt's

Naked for Fall Winter.jpg

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Well one hour later have my 1st Rear Hard Rock LCA skid installed. 3 more to go. :whew:
:swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. Naked for Fall Winter
I did mine also months ago on the ground, the rear where easy because of the brake. The front was a bitch because my front axle did move about a 1/2”.

Looks good.
Sponsored