Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Well if you think a good experienced logger can't make that tree fall exactly where he wants it you haven't been around a good tree cutter...

I spent a couple of seasons helping log out a deep canyon. We only took the dead and diseased and it was almost always imperative that the trees lay where you needed them too in the thick forest so we could skid them out. I have been witness to some ridiculously impressive tree falling by guys with 20 and 50 years of experience respectively. I will share your comments with them, we will have a good laugh.

I have also been around when my good friend has dropped trees in the immediate vicinity of multi million dollar homes in Telluride as well as dozens of other homes and structures. I have listened to guys like you tell him it couldn't be done, you know "tree experts" from the state agricultural service and local tree services. I have never seen him miss, we have never rigged a line to a tree. I have seen it done hundreds of times.

Thanks for the "education" though...LOL Wasn't looking for clarification, just made a comment. I would never rig a vehicle to a tree, good luck.

logs.jpg
I won't lose a moment of sleep knowing a bunch of boys are dick stroking each others fragile egos. A real professional knows the bitter taste of a fuck up. That's an individual to learn from.
Sponsored

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
I won't lose a moment of sleep knowing a bunch of boys are dick stroking each others fragile egos. A real professional knows the bitter taste of a fuck up. That's an individual to learn from.
Another keyboard badass slinging insults... Not losing any sleep over dipshits winching tree's with Jeeps either...LOL

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Another keyboard badass slinging insults... Not losing any sleep over dipshits winching tree's with Jeeps either...LOL
You presume to have a bead on me, yet every post of yours is digging your own hole. Unfortunately, you haven't even gotten that figured out...
Jeep Wrangler JL Winches on Mall Crawlers? fail-baby

Sponsored

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Kind of off topic but to me keeping a Jeep dirty comes off more poser than someone who Keeps their Jeep clean.

This thread is fun!
Funny you mention that cause that's what I think all along.....lol

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Kind of off topic but to me keeping a Jeep dirty comes off more poser than someone who Keeps their Jeep clean.

This thread is fun!
Funny you mention that cause that's what I think all along.....lol
My rig stays dirty, and I assure you, I’m no poser, just lazy…….🤣

X-Treme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
Happily Retired

Sponsored

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
You presume to have a bead on me, yet every post of yours is digging your own hole. Unfortunately, you haven't even gotten that figured out...
fail-baby.gif
Haha, You are pretty easy to "get a bead on" I am not the one standing in the hole with my Jeep tied to a tree trying to justify that level of foolishness...

Last edited:

DTOM76

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I think most of us are on pavement 95% of the time. I run Windrock a couple times a years and Florida mud trails and that's why I have a winch. I never needed it though but, if I ever do it will be money well spent. And my Jeep is still pristine because that's how I like it to look.

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Haha, You are pretty easy to "get a bead on" I am not the one standing in the hole with my Jeep tied to a tree trying to justify that level of foolishness...
You just can't get over the tree thing. I'm starting to feel sorry for you.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
I'm not sure how anyone can deduce what someone else does or doesn't do with their Jeep simply because they keep it clean and don't abuse it like you do. Why does anyone really care?

I'll be out in snow at some point and may need to use my winch. Also, it's a multi-use tool. For instance I pulled fence posts with mine and my Jeep was spotless before and after. So, I'm a mall crawler I guess since my Jeeps looks like I give a damn about keeping it nice.

I don't really care about those with that I'm better than you since I go rock crawling attitude. Wow what a big ego that is to carry around.

I could probably take your Jeep apart with an adjustable wrench, a pare of pliers and a screwdriver, then see you fail to put it back together with a fully stocked snap on tool box. But you won't see me on here criticizing or belittling people who can't or don't want to be that mechanically inclined. It doesn't matter enough to spend time pointing it out.

Again, who really cares what people do or don't do with their Jeep? It just doesn't affect you.
This is the crux of the matter. Who cares what other people do with their jeeps, winches, or blenders? Sheesh.

I have a newer toilet plunger in a guest bathroom in our house. It's never been used, thank goodness, but I'm still happy I bought it. :like: (Now I'm bracing for impact, as we undoubtedly have a few folks here who think I shouldn't have an extra plunger in my house, and we're about to hear why.)

Mom always used to say that unremarkable guys with small hearts and even smaller weaners tend to spend their days trying to make other people feel bad. Oh, wait, that was dad who said that, but Mom agreed. :LOL:.

Capable, confident, people look for ways to raise others up -- and they don't feel obliged to opine on how other folks use their jeeps or plungers.

I say do whatever floats your boat -- even if that means buying an extra toilet plunger or two.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
My rig stays dirty, and I assure you, I’m no poser, just lazy…….🤣
Im lazy too . I prefer sittin around cuttin the cheese instead of the trees . And we have a ton of them in Vt. ( cheese cutters that is )
Sponsored