Sponsored

guzie

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Wow, what is the max PSI on those tires? My 315/70R17C's are 35 PSI max. I was hoping to see a lower number there...
What’s the issue with 37? That’s pressure setting for normal street use. You air down for trail as needed. Why would you want less psi on the street and drive on sponges?

PSUdaemon

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
What’s the issue with 37? That’s pressure setting for normal street use. You air down for trail as needed. Why would you want less psi on the street and drive on sponges?
I want less PSI because my tires have a max PSI of 35. So inflating them to 37 is too much.

Edit: Just to be clear, I put on 35" tires aftermarket, but I am trying to gauge what the manufacturer recommended PSI is for 35" tires from the factory as a data point for what I should be running.

I also have my Jeep telling me my tires are underinflated all the time. Dealership said they could not adjust the TPMS alert threshold. So if the Xtreme Recon had a lower setting I might be able to convince them they can change it now.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
It depends on the tire. What's on the interior of door isn't necessarily optimized for comfort/wear. Driving on sponges isn't ideal either as that would be less optimal for wear and probably comfort as well. To each their own, I chalk test mine and found that seems to do a decent job of finding a good spot where the tire is going to wear nicely but also provide comfort without being spongy. On a 37" KO2 on a Gladiator ecodiesel, that was 28 psi for me. It's a D rated tire, and they're not spongy whatsoever.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2018 Rubicon on which I've installed the Mopar lift, beadlock wheels on KO2 35s, and tailgate reinforcement/oversize tire kit, among other things. Do I essentially have an Xtreme Recon?
Missing the gears, I suppose. I think there's also improvements to the axle/brake setup.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if this is the right question for this thread..

I got my 392 delivered 2 weeks ago, I love it. But, then I heard recon package was available. Does anyone know if this package can be added after delivery?
It cannot if you are referring to the Xtreme Recon package.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
curious; what 35" D-rated tires do you have that have a max pressure of 35? are they 17" tires?
35" Toyo R/Ts like what appear to be in the pic on your profile have a max pressure of *65* when run as singles (and have a Load Rating of E).
BFG MTs have a max Pressure rating of *65* when run as singles; even the new lightweight BFG ATs are rated to a max of 45 (and all the rest of their ATs in the similar sizes are 65 also).
the 315/70 version of the same tire (that some people refer to as "35s" have a max pressure of 35 PSI, but are C-rated.

the D-rated Mickey Thompson 35/12.5-17 Baja Boss MTs i use have a max pressure of 50PSI,... so really curious what tires you ended up using.

also curious; how does your J**p "tell you" your tires are underinflated? how low do you have them?
if they're so low that the tire pressure when you're driving rises more than about 10% above what you have them set at when they're cold, you're probably setting them too low.

I want less PSI because my tires have a max PSI of 35. So inflating them to 37 is too much.

Edit: Just to be clear, I put on 35" tires aftermarket, but I am trying to gauge what the manufacturer recommended PSI is for 35" tires from the factory as a data point for what I should be running.

I also have my Jeep telling me my tires are underinflated all the time. Dealership said they could not adjust the TPMS alert threshold. So if the Xtreme Recon had a lower setting I might be able to convince them they can change it now.

Benedict chu

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw 328 wagon
I’ll have some first hand experience with the XR tomorrow. picking up a sting gray rubi XR, with a 2.5 hour drive home.

Update:

Picked up the Rubicon XR this afternoon. Drove it home for about 2 1/2 hours. Half highway, half mountain/hilly back roads in north Georgia/Tennessee. Steps are going on now, yes these fender flare extensions can be easily removed. The ride on the highway was great, plenty of power, put it on cruise control on the roads that were flat to see how it reacted… All good. Averaged, according to the read out, about 17 1/2 mpg. Highway average speed between 72 mph and 80 mph, back road speed average around 45 to 60. RPMs at cruising speed…whether it was 78 mph or 60 mph stayed at around 2400.

D9E67241-78F9-49F0-B942-A04107A3FE26.jpeg
1C6D3EC1-6C3E-4A13-85BC-84B60EEBD923.jpeg
DCB17B71-5B72-44DE-92AA-37FA0EBE29EA.jpeg
F35723AE-CD68-4D6D-91C8-4FB6F33F31B8.jpeg

A1AEAE20-F7E7-4986-A139-9F507F7DC755.jpeg
900CCCDB-4BDF-42CF-87C7-CD3F2BB6855D.jpeg
EB6473A6-572B-492F-9022-95B1CB6E2DD0.jpeg
F3EA39A5-3232-49FC-8C96-2410D984DC4F.jpeg
can you share the part number of the Nfab steps? thank you

ekim

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ
I’ll have some first hand experience with the XR tomorrow.
When you have time, could you please measure the from the ground to the center of the fog lights or the center of the winch plate on the front? I'm trying to get a ballpark number on the height of the bumper centered between the frame horn mounting bolts...

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur

Tazer, jscan, superchips, etc all allow you to adjust the tpms. Don’t expect the dealer to do anything that isn’t stock by the book.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Just ordered aRubicon XR on Wednesday in Granite Crystal. I dont expect to get it until March.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
curious on this. The TPMS is reading 42-44 from the dealer. thinking something ain't right here. Time to call the dealer.
Holy shit, if you want to call the dealer over tire pressure, you are going to have a bad time.

guzie

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Xtreme Recon
It depends on the tire. What's on the interior of door isn't necessarily optimized for comfort/wear. Driving on sponges isn't ideal either as that would be less optimal for wear and probably comfort as well. To each their own, I chalk test mine and found that seems to do a decent job of finding a good spot where the tire is going to wear nicely but also provide comfort without being spongy. On a 37" KO2 on a Gladiator ecodiesel, that was 28 psi for me. It's a D rated tire, and they're not spongy whatsoever.
What is the chalk test? I’m more familiar with cold pressure tweaking for my GT350 where I’m tuning it for the track. On the street that one gets 32psi cold which is factory spec.

PSUdaemon

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
curious; what 35" D-rated tires do you have that have a max pressure of 35? are they 17" tires?
35" Toyo R/Ts like what appear to be in the pic on your profile have a max pressure of *65* when run as singles (and have a Load Rating of E).
BFG MTs have a max Pressure rating of *65* when run as singles; even the new lightweight BFG ATs are rated to a max of 45 (and all the rest of their ATs in the similar sizes are 65 also).
the 315/70 version of the same tire (that some people refer to as "35s" have a max pressure of 35 PSI, but are C-rated.

the D-rated Mickey Thompson 35/12.5-17 Baja Boss MTs i use have a max pressure of 50PSI,... so really curious what tires you ended up using.

also curious; how does your J**p "tell you" your tires are underinflated? how low do you have them?
if they're so low that the tire pressure when you're driving rises more than about 10% above what you have them set at when they're cold, you're probably setting them too low.
I have C rated Toyo R/Ts. Yes, they are the 31570R17 not 35x12.50. Neither of those tires is 35" though. They are less than half an each apart from each other and the 305 is a tenth of an inch from 34" so I just feel like its easier to say 35" rather than 31570R17. If you look at a different tire from the same manufacturer, like the open country M/Ts, and the 31570R17 is a different diameter anyway.

The TPMS alert in the dash is what I am referring to that is "telling me". It is set to 37 PSI from the factory so it wants me to inflate over my max PSI. Dealer told me they cannot adjust it.

The PSI range on them is greater than 10% cold to hot. Even if I am not driving them, if I check them in the early morning and in the afternoon just sitting it will move about 10%. Even on the stock 33" tires inflated to 37 PSI cold it would move more than 10% when driving. Right now my "cold" PSI is around 30-31 depending on the temp in the morning and after a long drive at highway speeds will hit about 36 (which just so happens to be the threshold to turn off the TPMS alert). If I haven't driven it all day but check it in the afternoon, it might be 33-34 range. I have also in the past set them to 35 PSI cold and they will get up to 40 PSI after a long highway drive which I think is listed on the tire as the "never to exceed" pressure. My current approach is to air up to 35 PSI after wheeling and then they later cool down overnight to about that 30-31 range I mentioned before. I do even notice a difference in PSI based on which tires are in the sun vs the shade.

I've mostly just decided to not worry about it too much and enjoy the vehicle, but I was curious to see what the stock XR PSIs were.
Sponsored